Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

Welcome, I'll try and answer the bits I know but some info is outdated.

Does anyone know about the management company fees? I just bought here and wondering when fees are collected for 2017?

Also who are the property management company? Has the AGM been held already for the management company ?

We have not heard anything new since Spring 2016 which said the next years fee's would be due after handover of the Darley Lane and the management agency transferred from the builders names to the appointed directors.
    Is there a group whatsapp that I can be added to?

There is a email group that was started for the first few houses, its very quiet if you want to message me directly, can give you details.
    Also I see work has started on the new apartment blocks at the entrance to the estate?

Yes, planning permission was granted on 15/12 for the revised plans.
    And some groundworks have started on the parkland it seems, can anyone confirm this is the case ?
    Thanks

No news except its now flat and a lot of the rubbish has gone

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Belmont2017

Thanks, I wonder when Darley Lane is due to open. It looks nearly ready at this stage. I see there are 8 apartments in a 3 storey block towards the back of Darley Lane, I haven't seen these for sale yet.
    Hopefully we will see the park area properly started and landscaped this Spring :)
    Does anyone know of window cleaners working in aikens village? Our upstairs windows are filthy very quickly and impossible to reach them ourselves due to the design of the windows and the direction that they open so would be good to know of a reliable cleaner to come around.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Management fees are €300 for the year for 3 beds. I think it might be more for 4 beds.

Thanks. We paid €220 when we moved in so have the fees gone up? Was there an AGM recently? I thought we would all have gotten a notification of a date for AGM, how did people hear about it?
    Also what is the management fee going towards? There doesn't seem to be any management of the upkeep of the estates at present...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Management fees are €300 for the year for 3 beds. I think it might be more for 4 beds.

Was does that cover? I'm looking at somewhere nearby and it's €800 which covers building insurance, bins and common are upkeep. The apartments in the development are over €2,000 mgmt fees!

• Advertisement

Thanks. We paid €220 when we moved in so have the fees gone up? Was there an AGM recently? I thought we would all have gotten a notification of a date for AGM, how did people hear about it?
    Also what is the management fee going towards? There doesn't seem to be any management of the upkeep of the estates at present...

We paid €400 for the first year so they've gone down for us. They had an AGM early last year so there should be another one coming up amd they'll send you a letter beforehand with the date.

I've no idea what they have done with the money. They are using some of it for the park which they've finally started building.

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Was does that cover? I'm looking at somewhere nearby and it's €800 which covers building insurance, bins and common are upkeep. The apartments in the development are over €2,000 mgmt fees!

It doesn't cover any of that except for upkeep of the area. It's also for the park as I said above.

I would've thought the park is paid for and landscapes by the developers. Also the fee hasn't gone down. €200 of the €400 you paid was towards a long term sinking fund for larger repairs to the area down the line. So it has gone up €100 it seems

I would've thought the park is paid for and landscapes by the developers. Also the fee hasn't gone down. €200 of the €400 you paid was towards a long term sinking fund for larger repairs to the area down the line. So it has gone up €100 it seems

I meant for servicing the (non-existant!)park not building it. .

Just looked at the bill again. Yes you're right, its 200 for services and 100 for sinking fund now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gareth_c

I meant for servicing the (non-existant!)park not building it. .

Just looked at the bill again. Yes you're right, its 200 for services and 100 for sinking fund now.

When did your bill arrive? we have'nt had anything yet for 2017

thanks

• Advertisement

gareth_c wrote:
    When did your bill arrive? we have'nt had anything yet for 2017

2 weeks ago.

The last phase of houses launching tomorrow. I see people are queuing up already outside one of the show houses ....

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

How much are the 3 beds in the latest launch? 345k?

CFC007 wrote: »
    How much are the 3 beds in the latest launch? 345k?

450 for the semi detached Buntings (108 sqm) , 460 for the detached Goldfinch(101 sqm).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hhunting2017

We viewed Belmont last weekend and it appeared that the majority of JayA's(4 beds) on hyde road weren't taken. Looks to be a decent enough house in a nice area but they've been available for about month now, so wondered why aren't shifting?

Back garden is north east facing, which we could live with, but is there something we're missing? The 3 beds in this phase were snapped up really fast.

We viewed Belmont last weekend and it appeared that the majority of JayA's(4 beds) on hyde road weren't taken. Looks to be a decent enough house in a nice area but they've been available for about month now, so wondered why aren't shifting?

Back garden is north east facing, which we could live with, but is there something we're missing? The 3 beds in this phase were snapped up really fast.

Are they the houses up against a boundary wall with no houses overlooking the backgardens? If so the only obvious negative I can think of are the apartment blocks at the end of the road, 1 at the top near Fernleigh and a couple at the end of the road near Village road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rusty79

Has anyone heard when Darley Lane will be completed? Originally told Spring 2017 (from EA)..... am I being optimistic to think they'll be handed over by end May?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fabricioavil

Hi,

Has someone bought a house in Belmont, Stepaside? (from belmontstepaside.ie - Sherry FitzGerald New Homes)

Could you help me with two doubts? I visited some houses there, but the agent didn't know (or didn't want to give) the answers for the two questions below. I'm wondering if what someone mentioned here is confirmed.

Aren't the parking lots part of the purchase or with limited use for one house only? I don't want to have discussions with neighbours because they parked on the parking spaces beside or in front my house (in theory I see two per new house), and if it isn't legally included as part of the house, I'll have almost no argument.

Also it is mentioned no extension can be built in the garden, is it confirmed?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jjcczz1221

Hi,

Has someone bought a house in Belmont, Stepaside? (from belmontstepaside.ie - Sherry FitzGerald New Homes)

Could you help me with two doubts? I visited some houses there, but the agent didn't know (or didn't want to give) the answers for the two questions below. I'm wondering if what someone mentioned here is confirmed.

Aren't the parking lots part of the purchase or with limited use for one house only? I don't want to have discussions with neighbours because they parked on the parking spaces beside or in front my house (in theory I see two per new house), and if it isn't legally included as part of the house, I'll have almost no argument.

Also it is mentioned no extension can be built in the garden, is it confirmed?

Thank you!
    Hi Fabricioavil,
    I have been living in one of these houses for a year and to answer your questions:
    1. You will have a parking space with the house, normally beside your house or underneath the 1st floor bedroom depends on which type of house. And yes, it is legally included as apart of the house purchase. The visitors parking lots is a different story obviously.
    2. Extension can be built but there are certain rules applied for example. I think it is 40 square metres or something, exceeds that you will need a planning permission from the local authority. You can get more information on this site: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/planning_permission/planning_perm_altering_a_house.html
    Hopefully this answers your questions.
    Regards,
    Zheng

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fabricioavil

The type of house is the Harrier (red bricks), it has two spaces beside the house, but I was looking to confirm the legal ownership of them and have peace in mind :) About the visitors, yes, I imagine it isn't a different case, but the key is the two beside the house.

About the building rules, someone had mentioned in this thread that it wouldn't be allowed, it looked crazy but good to confirm it follows the standard rules.

I paid the deposit, and now I'll wait for the contract.

Thank you so much, neighbour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jjcczz1221

I paid the deposit, and now I'll wait for the contract.

The type of house is the Harrier (red bricks), it has two spaces beside the house, but I was looking to confirm the legal ownership of them and have peace in mind About the visitors, yes, I imagine it isn't a different case, but the key is the two beside the house.

About the building rules, someone had mentioned in this thread that it wouldn't be allowed, it looked crazy but good to confirm it follows the standard rules.

Hi Fabricioavil,

Welcome to the neighbourhood! I live in one of these houses (Harrier) too. The space beside the house is definitely yours. I have asked the same question when I was buying the house.

About the extension, I don't think it will be an issue. I don't remember exactly but I did hear this from either the developer or the agent a long time ago that the standard extension rules applies here. But you may want to double check it with your solicitor just in case...

Congratulations!

Zheng

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EleyM

Hi everyone!

We are just about to move into the estate and have a quick question! We opted for an integrated washer dryer rather than the free standing one. Has anyone else done this??

The reason I ask is that the door was attached today and it does not fit very well at all, there is s much larger gap than between all the other presses! Just wondering if anyone else had this or similar?

Thanks

EleyM wrote:
    The reason I ask is that the door was attached today and it does not fit very well at all, there is s much larger gap than between all the other presses! Just wondering if anyone else had this or similar?

Have you finished snagging? Even if you have just ask them to fix it. It's not a big deal by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EleyM

Have you finished snagging? Even if you have just ask them to fix it. It's not a big deal by the sounds of it.

Hiya! thanks! We have just about finished snagging but having brought it to their attention, their reply at the moment is that the doors come in standard sizes and there is no bigger door! Just want to see if anyone else has had an integrated one fitted so I know I can argue the point a bit more!

EleyM wrote:
    Hiya! thanks! We have just about finished snagging but having brought it to their attention, their reply at the moment is that the doors come in standard sizes and there is no bigger door! Just want to see if anyone else has had an integrated one fitted so I know I can argue the point a bit more!

I didn't get the integrated one but just keep at them. They'll try anything to fog you off but they'll fix it in the end especially as you haven't finished snagging. Welcome to the estate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 vrt12

Anyone know will the apartments be social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dearg76

I assume you mean the apartments within the Belmont development? I think 10% are set aside for social housing, as with all new developments. The newly cleared area at the entrance to Aikens village is for several blocks of social and affordable housing, totalling 155 units.
    Does anyone know is there any progress on the park area? Work started in January but nothing has been done since then and now would be the time to start if it's to be completed this year

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

dearg76 wrote: »
    I assume you mean the apartments within the Belmont development? I think 10% are set aside for social housing, as with all new developments. The newly cleared area at the entrance to Aikens village is for several blocks of social and affordable housing, totalling 155 units.
    Does anyone know is there any progress on the park area? Work started in January but nothing has been done since then and now would be the time to start if it's to be completed this year

excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is affordable housing?
    and if anyone have any information on how many apartments will be built for anyone to buy? (as I presume those 155 ones will be for people on some lists=
    thanks.

155 units for social housing? that quite high

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dearg76

Nobody knows when they'll be put for sale. They've the foundations put down for at least one of the blocks already.

Yes 155 is quite high I agree. And permission has been granted for 58 houses at the area just you reach before phase 1 of Belmont. So traffic in and out of the estate is going to be under a lot more pressure when you consider there'll be 350 apartments in the Belmont scheme alone. An exit from Aikens village/Belarmine onto the Kilgobbin Road is badly needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

dearg76 wrote: »
    Nobody knows when they'll be put for sale. They've the foundations put down for at least one of the blocks already.

Yes 155 is quite high I agree. And permission has been granted for 58 houses at the area just you reach before phase 1 of Belmont. So traffic in and out of the estate is going to be under a lot more pressure when you consider there'll be 350 apartments in the Belmont scheme alone. An exit from Aikens village/Belarmine onto the Kilgobbin Road is badly needed

Do you know the planning reference number for these 58 houses by any chance? Couldn't find it on the DLRCOCO planning site.

Advertisement