Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken screen and retrieving contacts dilemma

• 23-08-2013 8:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Wife's Android phone was dropped, touch screen now cannot be used, phone turns on and off but you cannot do anything else as the touch screen no longer works.

I want to try and get at her contacts to try and save them externally but I cannot figure how.

I have connected it to the PC via the USB cable but I cannot browse the phones memory.
    When you connect a USB the phone gives you a 'Connect you phone' message and then a set of options of what to do next, unfortunately since I cannot use the phones touch screen I cannot see any of those options and select one.

Do anyone know of any way I can get at the phones content, specifically the contacts, without having to interact with the touchscreen ?

I have removed the SD card by the way and copied off the pictures.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Hi
    Wife's Android phone was dropped, touch screen now cannot be used, phone turns on and off but you cannot do anything else as the touch screen no longer works.

I want to try and get at her contacts to try and save them externally but I cannot figure how.

I have connected it to the PC via the USB cable but I cannot browse the phones memory.
    When you connect a USB the phone gives you a 'Connect you phone' message and then a set of options of what to do next, unfortunately since I cannot use the phones touch screen I cannot see any of those options and select one.

Do anyone know of any way I can get at the phones content, specifically the contacts, without having to interact with the touchscreen ?

I have removed the SD card by the way and copied off the pictures.

Have you logged into the Gmail account on a pc . Contacts are usually synced there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

jgbyr wrote: »
    Have you logged into the Gmail account on a pc . Contacts are usually synced there.

True, I put them there from her old phone when I was setting this one up
    But it could be possible two years out of date as my wife rarely ever used Gmail on the phone and no scheduled sync was never set up or even running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You don't need to use gmail on the phone to sync the contacts. If you have your account that is currently associated with the phone that more than likely synchs automatically anyway, check the contacts online and see what's there.

Advertisement