Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with media playback?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

i tried quite a few media files on the xbox via memory stick

i'm getting errors like media update needed and incompatible?

i never had any problem with avis and mp4s on the ps3?

is the xbox very picky?

im using the system video player and the software is pretty up to date

thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

i tried quite a few media files on the xbox via memory stick

i'm getting errors like media update needed and incompatible?

i never had any problem with avis and mp4s on the ps3?

is the xbox very picky?

im using the system video player and the software is pretty up to date

thanks for any help

You need the codec update downloaded, connect it to xbl for it, should do it automatically....

Think the ps3 is worse than Xbox for videos due to how slow it reads hardrives and that cinavia Sony stuff to stop you watching pirated movies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

don't have xbox live

i tried the update from memory stick but nothing happens

i downloaded update and extracted to root directory but it doesn't update on restart

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

don't have xbox live

i tried the update from memory stick but nothing happens

i downloaded update and extracted to root directory but it doesn't update on restart

Connect it to xbl with a mobile phone hotspot, will save you a heap of hassle in the long run....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Fieldog wrote: »
    Connect it to xbl with a mobile phone hotspot, will save you a heap of hassle in the long run....

Not sure you should do that, if you haven't updated your xbox in ages, you might blow through your download limit in no time.

That said, connecting it to the internet will download all the updates (you don't need Live Gold to get updates), and they'd probably be well worth it. Bring it round to a friends house maybe?

Advertisement