Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configure Remote Access with Cisco PIX501 and Cisco 1800

Options
  • 23-08-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Anyone with experience working on Cisco Pix 501 and Cisco 1800 firewall. They were configured to access our site but the IP's etc have changed. I need to get both configured and up and running again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It's unclear whether you are looking for help in configuring these yourself, or looking for someone to carry out work.

If the former, how familiar are you with Cisco? First you have to get console or web configuration access.
    Determine what version of IOS the devices are using.
    (Using "show version" in exec mode)

Depending on what interface or IOS version you want a copy of the running configuration. Switch to enable mode (assuming that you have the password)
    show running-config

or for older versions
    sh run

If you end up posting configs here, then make sure to redact (edit out) the enable secret and enable password lines.
    I'm way out of practice with Cisco stuff myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Hi Ressem,
    I'm looking for someone to modify the current config to update it with the new IP address of the new premises etc. The factory is in westmeath so if it was someone in reasonable reach of that it would be beneficial. I'm located in a sales outlet in the UK. I need to be able to access the server from here.
    Cheers :-)

Advertisement