Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foals - Olympia - Feb 4th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Was slightly annoyed they didn't do Cassius but loved the show!. Who were the two guys on before cage the elephant?
    I don't think Cassius has really featured in their set lists since 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

What a great show that was. Anybody going tonight is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

What time did they come on stage last night ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

What time did they come on stage last night ? :D

About 9.15.

Are you going tonight? If so please dont miss cage the elephant. They were amazing last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

Cheers for the reply I'm not sure yet still waiting on ticket confirmation so will be late but sure if I see any of them will be delighted :D

What time did they finish ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Cheers for the reply I'm not sure yet still waiting on ticket confirmation so will be late but sure if I see any of them will be delighted :D

What time did they finish ? :)

I think it was after 10.30. You'll have a brill night if you get to go. Would love to be going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Man that was good! I was supposed to see them last year but was refused entry because I forgot my ID. It was well worth the long wait though. Providence and Two Steps Twice were definitely the highlights for me. And I love that they played Hummer.

Cage The Elephant were brilliant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason they didn't play Cassius
    AdMMM wrote: »
    I don't think Cassius has really featured in their set lists since 2011!

Yeah, last time I saw them play it was at the Electric Picnic 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Thoroughly enjoyed last night, the light show was fantastic and the performance as a whole was sensational. Better than the last time I saw them at the academy, the newest album translates really well to a live show imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Great gig - really enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I went on Tuesday night and they were seriously impressive!

Seeing as they are headlining Bestival I could see them having a late night slot at EP on the main stage, prob not headlining but maybe second billing. The light show worked perfect in the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Great Night last night. Both Cage the elephant and Foals. Yannis was so good he made NME with his antics: http://www.nme.com/news/foals/75320

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Phantom said they except them to be back in either June or Sept for a festival so would mean either Forbbiden Fruit or Electric Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Like their latest album,

but WOW, it sounds AMAZING live.

Great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SweetStasis

great gig. I guess they just dont do Cassius anymore...wonder why? Epic song and huge with the fans - usually some personal reason behind the song or something...anyways...small gripe!

another small gripe was I would have loved to hear Miami...but yeah, epic gig and great energy in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Great atmosphere, great performance, Yannis was mental :D

Any song from Antidotes, just wow. Right up at the front it was fair madness.

Gig of the year so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

First Time back at the Olympia in a while. Great performance, they are such a solid band. Really defined a music genre when they first came out, the rest then followed

Advertisement