Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous 3rd Level attendance form to avoid full fees

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Got a shock last night when I went to register online for UCC. It said fees owed were €7400.

It turns out even if you previously attended 3rd level outside the 5 year 2nd chance period you still have to prove your eligibility for free fees.

Not sure if this needs to be done for all colleges but here's the form for Ucc

http://www.ucc.ie/en/media/support/financeoffice/fees/PreviousAttendanceForm.docx

Just to let people know because it was a long night waiting for the fees office to open this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Do you have a qualification already Shawki? Generally the free fee, second chance rule is only applicable to students who left college 5+ years ago without a qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Do you have a qualification already Shawki? Generally the free fee, second chance rule is only applicable to students who left college 5+ years ago without a qualification.

No I only attended first year so I'm good on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Similar happened to me in UCD but I just needed letter from the previous place to say that I left and didn't complete the course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Yeah the letter from the previous college showing the dates you started and left the course usually sorts that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

As the others said, get a letter from the college you previously attended stating when you de-registered.

On a side note if for example you are not out of college for a full 5 years, it was 4 and a half years in my case, and you only completed the first semester and de-registered before 01/02/(relevant year) the college you attended will not have claimed the HEA on your behalf, meaning that if you get a letter from the finance department in the previous college an present it to the current college you will only be liable to pay full fees for the first semester and after that you will be eligable for free fees for the remainder of your course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement