Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear piercing - scar tissue.

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Okay lads, since I don't have a single piercing, gimme your knowledge!

When I was a kid, I had my ears pierced four or five times all together. All done with guns (and not the single use ones!), the shame! But that's how it was done when I was a kid.

Every time, infection set in. Twice, the earrings became so embedded that the skin then grew over them and my GP had to basically force them out. All I remember about piercings is the pain of being held down by my mam and aunts when the GP was forcing them out of my ears (probably why I'm shít scared of getting pierced!).

Anyway, there are balls of scar tissue where the holes were. All of the piercings were re-done in the same hole, so the scarring got worse. It's nothing that you can see, but when I was 15, three places told me there was too much scar tissue to pierce the lobes again, and that if they went beneath the original piercing, there wasn't enough space to do it, or something.

So basically, 9 years ago I was told my ears can't be pierced again.

Would being pierced with a needle help change this (as when I was 15, the places who said they couldn't pierce me also used a gun)? It's doing my head in not wearing ear rings, and I obviously never want to be pierced with a gun again! Of course, before I get it done, I'll be talking to the piercer, but just wanted some opinions from you lot. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Honestly, absolutely no way for us to tell, you really will have to just go talk to a good piercer. They can put you straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

:pac: Grand, cheers Damo. I didn't know if it was something you guys would have any idea about, or if I should just go to a piercer and forget about asking here. You can close this, so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

While the original site might be much too scarred, you could always do thm to the side or just have a small punch done

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

To be honest it's unlikely that a good piercer couldn't sort something out. And I know you'd be in good hands, you know the good piercers from the bad ones. :-)

Advertisement