Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I change my username

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

For reasons that I would prefer not to mention publicly online, I would like to change my username. Is this possible, or will I have to close my account and set up a new one.

Sorry if there is another section for this, but I have searched the whole place and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

sullanefc wrote: »
    For reasons that I would prefer not to mention publicly online, I would like to change my username. Is this possible, or will I have to close my account and set up a new one.

Sorry if there is another section for this, but I have searched the whole place and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

You can subscribe to change your name.(more info here).

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sullanefc

koth wrote: »
    You can subscribe to change your name.(more info here).

Thanks for the response. Had a look at that, and it costs money that I don't have. I guess the only option is to close the account and set up a new one. Will there be a problem using the same email address on the old account and new one? Is there a period I should wait before re-signing up?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

sullanefc wrote: »
    I guess the only option is to close the account and set up a new one. Will there be a problem using the same email address on the old account and new one? Is there a period I should wait before re-signing up?

If you close your account, your email address will still be registered, so you will need to use an alternative email address.

Advertisement