Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roberts Stream 205

• 23-08-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi Folks

i purchased in January 2012 a Roberts Stream 205 Internet Radio from Harvey Normans store. I initially used it very sparingly to stream radio stations in New York and Toronto.After a while lost interest in them. I then went to operate the Roberts Radio in the FM mode only in the hope of tuning into our National and Regional Radio Stations. I found in my endeavours that when I captured the National Radio Stations that there is terrible interference and static coming into the Radio no matter what frequency I selected in respect of the stations. Got back to Harvey Norman said it was outside the warranty could not help disappointed with them.
    Would deeply appreciate any advice or help in the matter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

move it to a different place. One of my computers generate a lot of noise on 130-140MHz, maybe you have something that generates noise on 87-108MHz band near by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Make sure that the metal FM antenna at the rear is fully extended upright.
    Also turn on the RDS function as it will tune in the best frequency for that radio station that you are tuning to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

But actually a 1960s Roberts is better on FM and sounds better too. They are overpriced for the quality now. Trading on the name.

Advertisement