Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking replacement iphone

• 23-08-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm stuck between Apple and emobile at the moment and I wonder if anyone has experienced similar.

I got an iPhone 5 last December. Emobile have agreed to unlock the phone.

However, the problem is that last May the volume buttons on the phone failed. Emobile encouraged me to contact Apple directly, which I did. Apple subsequently replaced the phone for free. The replacement phone was/is locked to emobile, just as the phone it replaced was.

The problem now is - emobile have no record of this new replacement phone and say they cannot request an unlock code because they didn't provide it/sell it. They have no problem in theory unlocking the phone on my account but say they cannot unlock this new phone.

Apple claim they cannot unlock a carrier locked phone. I called them yesterday and after a long and unhelpful phonecall (where I had to explain the situation numerous times in numerous different ways), I received today a 'proof of coverage' letter.

Has anyone else encountered this?

How did they resolve it?

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

People with 3 have had this problem as well. usually the email from Apple with the IMEI number etc on it, confirming the old and new details is sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I had the same thing with an iPhone 4. Just got apple to email me the proof of exchange and bring into an eMobile shop. First time it was never recorded though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks folks.

Can you tell me the exact name of the document that Apple gave you?

A 'proof of exchange'?

Cos Apple were a dead loss on the phone yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It was titled apple proof of coverage letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Legend.

All Apple would send me was a letter confirming that the phone was still under bloody warranty. Now that I know that they do issue these bloody things, I'll hit them up again today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement