Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

calex71 wrote: »
    Well to give you a measure of worth for it , I was offered €45 cash or €65 credit in Gamestop for a fully working 120gb Elite. Needless to say I declined the kind offer.

CEX are a little bit better

120 GB Elite - €72 cash or €92 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have a 250 gb Xbox that I will probably just give away to some mother who can't afford to get her child a console for Xmas. I'd feel a lot better doing it this way than being ripped off by GameStop.

If you are gonna do that i suggest giving it to crumlin hospital or temple street childrens hodpital. There are a lot of very sick kids that would be glad to play with it christmas morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

What's the story with bundles if you ordered online, anyone know? (gamestop)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

funkyflea wrote: »

Nothing has even been announced for In store sales yet. Hopefully find out this week what bundles (if any) are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

funkyflea wrote: »

I'm the same boat as you.

Also a little confused as to what edition of the console I'll be getting. I pre-ordered online back in August immediately after the Fifa announcement and while the GS site was still advertising "Pre-order your Day one edition".
    I got a mail 2 weeks ago to confirm I'll get my console on the 22nd so I'm assuming it's a day one edition with a digital code for Fifa included.

If they come along now and offer a bundle or 2, I wonder if I'd be changed to a regular edition console as part of the bundle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have a parcel motel question. I've ordered from Amazon and I want to get the X1 asap so I'm going to use parcel motel. My local PM is Clarehall but what I want to know is how to set up to have it sent to PM in Antrim first and have it sent to Dublin overnight? Thanks.

Never mind worked it out. Just Amazon won't let me change the delivery address for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I have a parcel motel question. I've ordered from Amazon and I want to get the X1 asap so I'm going to use parcel motel. My local PM is Clarehall but what I want to know is how to set up to have it sent to PM in Antrim first and have it sent to Dublin overnight? Thanks.

Never mind worked it out. Just Amazon won't let me change the delivery address for some reason.

All parcels are sent to Antrim first and then to your chosen pick up point the next day. All you need to do is put your code on the Antrim address.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

All paid off yesterday. Was a pleasant surprise.

One thing that annoys me about Gamestop pre-orders is that when they hand you a receipt, it doesn't tell you how much you've paid off and/or balance remaining. Yes, I could just remember myself, but like... no. So after trading in some DVDs (not worth it), and throwing another 200 beans off my card I asked what my balance was. Figured it was like €120/€150. €9.39. Paid that sucker all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Is gamestop the only place where you get the china rising dlc with a preorder ? Anyone preorder games from www.videogamesplus.ca ?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

syboit wrote: »
    Is gamestop the only place where you get the china rising dlc with a preorder ? Anyone preorder games from www.videogamesplus.ca ?

I ordered from Amazon UK and it comes with china rising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just wondering if anyone who ordered in a bricks and mortar gamestop shop has received an email or text saying their order is available on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

nanook5 wrote: »
    I ordered from Amazon UK and it comes with china rising
    I think all pre-ordered copies of BF4 come with it, like B2K for BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I have my pre-order with shopto, Just trying to figuire out which shipping method too choose. They have both TNT Global Economy and Global Express.

While they aren't guaranteeing delivery for launch for outside UK. They guy I spoke too on the phone said they will be aiming to send them earlier for oversea customers as missing the Friday launch day mean Monday.

Anyone have an idea what which shipping does what. The Global expreess is an extra 20 squid, but if they can get it next day I don't mind, considering it's already 21 for for the Global economy.

Anyone else here order with shopto.

Thor wrote: »
    I have my pre-order with shopto, Just trying to figuire out which shipping method too choose. They have both TNT Global Economy and Global Express.

While they aren't guaranteeing delivery for launch for outside UK. They guy I spoke too on the phone said they will be aiming to send them earlier for oversea customers as missing the Friday launch day mean Monday.

Anyone have an idea what which shipping does what. The Global expreess is an extra 20 squid, but if they can get it next day I don't mind, considering it's already 21 for for the Global economy.

Anyone else here order with shopto.

I was considering them but Game UK are cheaper on shipping.They are only £4.95 .

They've only got two deals though but I am going to get the Fifa one and then buy ghosts , it works out that I save more money

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/new-xbox/?cm_sp=TopNav-_-XboxOne-_-XboxOneConsole

nanook5 wrote: »
    I was considering it but Game UK are cheaper on shipping.They are only £4.95 .

They've only got two deals though but I am going to get the Fifa one and then buy ghosts , it works out that I save more money

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/new-xbox/?cm_sp=TopNav-_-XboxOne-_-XboxOneConsole

Ordering from them now would only get you the console before just before Christmas, if you don't have a pre-order elsewhere, then that makes sense. Otherwise, it's best to stick with your current pre-order.

Ordering from them now would only get you the console before just before Christmas, if you don't have a pre-order elsewhere, then that makes sense. Otherwise, it's best to stick with your current pre-order.

Yea it's my only pre-order .I don't mind getting it just before Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Anyone heard anything from smyths yet? Also am I supposed to pay off the console early or am I right in thinking I just pay the whole lot bar the deposit on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

blink44 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything from smyths yet? Also am I supposed to pay off the console early or am I right in thinking I just pay the whole lot bar the deposit on launch day?

I have mine through Smyth's and what I was told is after deposit I get x amount put onto a gift card then on launch I go in, hand in gift card to pay off console and take console away. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

..Anyone have an idea what which shipping does what. The Global expreess is an extra 20 squid, but if they can get it next day I don't mind, considering it's already 21 for for the Global economy.

The economy service from the UK would be a 2/3 day delivery.

The express service would mean you get it the next working day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

PS4 Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Replies...............Views

• Advertisement

Blue Whale wrote: »

Who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Sure that means nothing.... where are you going with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Why is that even relevant? Besides, it could just be the same people posting over and over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

+1 for Xbox Replies :)

Sure most of the PS4 one is Richard saying he's paid off another 20p on his console.

We can just compared the discussion threads as well.

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Xbox One - General Discussion (ALL XBOX ONE DISCUSSION HERE) - MOD WARNING Post 5864

Means nothing really

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

EJ22 wrote: »
    I have mine through Smyth's and what I was told is after deposit I get x amount put onto a gift card then on launch I go in, hand in gift card to pay off console and take console away. Hope this helps

Cheers mate, all I'v done is pay the €20 deposit. Just wanted to make sure I don't need to do anything else other than make sure I have the other €480 on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

We can just compared the discussion threads as well.

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Xbox One - General Discussion (ALL XBOX ONE DISCUSSION HERE) - MOD WARNING Post 5864

Means nothing really

Well, you're comparing the wrong thread:

PS4 Megathread

Very close (not that it means anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I found this buried in a cupboard. How big is the One compared to the original?

photo_zpsb1c126da.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I found this buried in a cupboard. How big is the One compared to the original?

From what I've read it's a similar size, slightly wider and lower(by a few mm only) than the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I ordered a day one Fifa bundle in Smyths two weeks before the Forza bundle was announced.

Anybody know if it's a download code for the game or is it a physical copy?
    I'll gladly swap Fifa for Forza if anybody wants it!

Advertisement