Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I ordered a day one Fifa bundle in Smyths two weeks before the Forza bundle was announced.

Anybody know if it's a download code for the game or is it a physical copy?

I'll gladly swap Fifa for Forza if anybody wants it!

I'm also in the same boat. Maybe I'll try adverts.ie for swaps, but only for people with a decent rating, f**k that trusting someone with a simple code worth €60.

It's a DLC code btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Maybe we could PM the codes to an impartial person like a mod who could arrange the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

irishchris wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who ordered in a bricks and mortar gamestop shop has received an email or text saying their order is available on release day?

Well got my answer today. Rang gamestop. They were told today how much stock they are getting And only people pre September are getting theirs. Mine should be in second batch and they expect to receive some stock each week and will ring customers due to get theirs each week to see which bundles they want as they now know which bundles they are running.

Maybe we could PM the codes to an impartial person like a mod who could arrange the trade.

Yeah, good idea. Now we need someone who is wanting to swap Forza for Fifa :P

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah, good idea. Now we need someone who is wanting to swap Forza for Fifa :P

Fingers crossed there's more than one person out there wanting to trade :D

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    Fingers crossed there's more than one person out there wanting to trade :D

Only problem is, I'd be thinking most people would have already gotten FIFA for the 360 and just use the upgrade to next gen offer :/

Edit: HA just realised that was my 666th post and it was in response to a person with DEVIL in their name! weird lol

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Well got my answer today. Rang gamestop. They were told today how much stock they are getting And only people pre September are getting theirs. Mine should be in second batch and they expect to receive some stock each week and will ring customers due to get theirs each week to see which bundles they want as they now know which bundles they are running.

Any idea of the Gamestop bundles on offer mate? Am Second batch too (pre ordered on Sept 8th - was holding back to find out what was the story with Gamestops xb360 250gig silm console trade in) though I used to work with the Manager of my local Gamestop ( our girlfriends are sisters) so he'll try sort me out asap.

I was thinking there would be xb1's coming in delivery everyweek, like with the 360 years ago. I used to work with Xtravision 8 years, think everyone will get sorted before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I'd swap fifa for Forza :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Good news on the fifa/forza situation,just got a phone call from Gamestop and they are giving people a choice on which one they want.
    This is instore by the way,dont know about online orders.

hardweir wrote: »
    Good news on the fifa/forza situation,just got a phone call from Gamestop and they are giving people a choice on which one they want.
    Dont toy with my emotions!

• Advertisement

hardweir wrote: »

There seems to be confusion as Smyths initially told me the same thing but then took it back yesterday when I was in there.

There is no way of giving you a choice between what game you get as the games are digital codes that are packed inside the console boxes.

If you got a day one edition, you're getting FIFA. If you pre-ordered a standard Xbox One, you're getting Forza 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There are 2 day one editions. Both come in a black box and has a picture of which game on it, when the FIFA 14 one ran out MS released the Forza 5 pack for a limited time. The standard Xbox One packs are green and don't come with a code for FiFA or Forza unless a store gives you a code for one.

There are 2 day one editions. Both come in a black box and has a picture of which game on it, when the FIFA 14 one ran out MS released the Forza 5 pack for a limited time. The standard Xbox One packs are green and don't come with a code for FiFA or Forza unless a store gives you a code for one.

Apparently I am wrong so. I thought the Forza bundle wasn't a day one edition but after more research I can see that you are in fact, correct. I still can't see how they can give you a choice of bundle however, it's not as if they have spare ones left over to compensate...

The only reason I know is because I jumped on a Forza 5 pack when Amazon got a limited number of them at the start of September.

I think, and I could be wrong here, that the stores giving out a choice at this stage are standard packs and MS gave out extra download codes to stores to dish out as they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

DaLad wrote: »
    Apparently I am wrong so. I thought the Forza bundle wasn't a day one edition but after more research I can see that you are in fact, correct.

Was curious about this aswell, Smyths have 2 console listings on their page. Fifa one says "Day one", but the forza one doesnt mention that.

syboit wrote: »
    Was curious about this aswell, Smyths have 2 console listings on their page. Fifa one says "Day one", but the forza one doesnt mention that.

It's on Amazon with pictures and all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-7UV-00080-Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00BE4OUBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383849156&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Got our allocations in store today.

We've a set amount of FIFA & Forza consoles.

Customers will be contacted if they're guaranteed an xbox on launch day.

With more consoles coming into stores the week after launch,Which will fulfill the majority(if not all) of the remaining orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Ordered mine the end of august so hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow!

ArklowHoop wrote: »

With more consoles coming into stores the week after launch,Which will fulfill the majority(if not all) of the remaining orders.

Where do you work? Gamestop? Smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Where do you work? Gamestop? Smyths?

+1.

Also do you know what quantities you are getting second week and is it guaranteed to have a lot of stock the second week?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This time in 2 weeks #XboxOne will be launching in almost all our stores. If you preorder as of right now, u will still get one for Chrimbo

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Pre ordered in Xtravision the other day and was told id have it by the 6th of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

X1 & PS4 are sold out on amazon

Not sure if your in Smyths or Gamestop. But wondering since my smyths receipt says "Xbox one Forza Edition D". Will they have to provide that then? Will they still be getting day one fifa/forza editions in the 2nd batch if you dont get it day one ?

+1.

Also do you know what quantities you are getting second week and is it guaranteed to have a lot of stock the second week?

I work in GameStop.

Everyone is guaranteed pre Christmas.

Not 100% sure how many consoles we will receive in the second wave,buts it's looking likely it will be enough to clear all pre orders to date.

syboit wrote: »
    Not sure if your in Smyths or Gamestop. But wondering since my smyths receipt says "Xbox one Forza Edition D". Will they have to provide that then? Will they still be getting day one fifa/forza editions in the 2nd batch if you dont get it day one ?

I can only speak from a GameStop point of view,but if that's what your receipt says,it's what you should get.

And the forza/FIFA bundles will
    Only be available on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

I have mine ordered from GameStop in Cavan. Paid off fully along with Fifa(free) and Dead Rising 3

Cannot wait!!!!!

I can only speak from a GameStop point of view,but if that's what your receipt says,it's what you should get.

And the forza/FIFA bundles will
    Only be available on day one.

Yup, I know you can't speak for Smyths. But yes interesting that "Day one bundles" will only be available on day one. Could see a lot of annoyed people if they are thinking they are getting one of these when in fact they might not get them if they are in later wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Anyone know roughly how many consoles the average store would get? I know it differs majorly, preordered back in august with smyths carrickmines, told I was something like 24th on the list, praying I'm day one.

• Advertisement

Just rang gamestop, they're switching me over to the day one edition with forza* and found out I can also get the killzone mega bundle too. I'm delighted!

Advertisement