Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just rang gamestop, they're switching me over to the day one edition and found out I can also get the killzone mega bundle too. I'm delighted!

When did you pre order the xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

When did you pre order the xbox?
    I had mine preordered in mid june

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Was in GS mullingar today and was told that as a day one I can choose Fifa or Forza:D good stuff I prefer watching footie, I'm sure he said they got 40 XB1 consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Edit: FFS, I just saw the post immediately before mine.

Hi lads,

I've been reading through the thread but don't see anything about this.

I pre-ordered my Xbox the day after the last Day One's were sold out. It never occurred to me at the time to ask, but I wondered if I am still eligible to get the free FIFA or Forza download? All the stuff I've read has been contradictory.

I was in Gamestop a couple of weeks after that and the manager served me, so I asked him what the story was with that and all he could say was that it was between Microsoft and I.

Anyone able to help?

I couldn't get any real ballpark date on when I might get mine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    I work in GameStop.

Everyone is guaranteed pre Christmas.

Not 100% sure how many consoles we will receive in the second wave,buts it's looking likely it will be enough to clear all pre orders to date.

Hi ArklowHoop, what are the odds of someone in wave 2 getting a console on day one?

Are there any extras coming in like? ;)

I pre-ordered mine on the 29th of September and now I wish I booked it earlier. Initially I wasn't too pushed but the closer it comes to release the more hyped I get.

Yes, I'm a slave to the marketeers and their evil mind manipulation techniques. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Hi ArklowHoop, what are the odds of someone in wave 2 getting a console on day one?

Are there any extras coming in like? ;)

I pre-ordered mine on the 29th of September and now I wish I booked it earlier. Initially I wasn't too pushed but the closer it comes to release the more hyped I get.

Yes, I'm a slave to the marketeers and their evil mind manipulation techniques. :(

That would be store specific question.

Some stores may have orders that are unwanted or some that are not collected within the 48 hour collection window.which will mean they'll fall into wave one.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    That would be store specific question.

Some stores may have orders that are unwanted or some that are not collected within the 48 hour collection window.which will mean they'll fall into wave one.

Cheers, I think I'll call in later to pre-order COD. I can suss them out then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Edit: FFS, I just saw the post immediately before mine.

Hi lads,

I've been reading through the thread but don't see anything about this.

I pre-ordered my Xbox the day after the last Day One's were sold out. It never occurred to me at the time to ask, but I wondered if I am still eligible to get the free FIFA or Forza download? All the stuff I've read has been contradictory.

I was in Gamestop a couple of weeks after that and the manager served me, so I asked him what the story was with that and all he could say was that it was between Microsoft and I.

Anyone able to help?

I couldn't get any real ballpark date on when I might get mine either.

Gamestop rang me since I posted this. They bumped me up to a Day One, but I would have to take the other bundle.They must have had their day one numbers bumped a little. I must have been one of the very first to pre-order right after they sold their original allocation.

As for the bundles, it makes no odds to me, as I have a fair few of the launch titles pre-ordered and will just choose which couple I want on the day and put the deposits against the console or whatever. I can check out reviews the day before and make sure I don't pick up a stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I just called into Smyth's on Kinsale Road in Cork to pay off a bit more. I asked him about bundles for day one editions and he said because Day Ones were an official Microsoft bundle I probably wouldn't be eligible for a Smyth's bundle if/when they're announced.

He said the game would be a DLC in the box so he wasn't sure if I'd be able to swap out FIFA for a Forza.

The uncertainty is a bit annoying! They don't seem to be doing a midnight launch in that store either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Rang MS today about changing my address on my pre-order from their store, asked about the day one bundles and they said they only had the FIFA ones on their system, no Forza ones, so that will be the game that comes with any orders from them.

• Advertisement

I hope Gamestop dont screw over online customers in regards Day One editions.

When I ordered they said I would be guaranteed the day one edition with fifa but it wouldn't surprise me if they take some of the day one orders from online and give them to people who pre ordered in store if they run a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

I hope Gamestop dont screw over online customers in regards Day One editions.

When I ordered they said I would be guaranteed the day one edition with fifa but it wouldn't surprise me if they take some of the day one orders from online and give them to people who pre ordered in store if they run a bit short.
    Hopefully :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I've the day one ordered online with GS (ordered June) - I've emailed them with the confirmation for the 22nd email to ask them if I can choose either FIFA or Forza day 1... no reply yet, but I'll let you know if they reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

nanook5 wrote: »
    Seems a bit pointless including a HDMI cable in the bundle when one comes with the console.

dor83 wrote: »
    Seems a bit pointless including a HDMI cable in the bundle when one comes with the console.

Yea it is really , but the Kinect wall stand is nice if you've a wall mounted TV (Like me )

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Just confirmed by smyths, day one fifa edition, delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

went to gamestop to ask about bundles, none available yet, he said depends where you are in the list you can get either fifa14 or forza 5, i was number 9 happy days so i picked forza, im more of a shooter type gamer but forza looks the nuts.
    the fella said any bundles may stop me getting forza he wasnt sure

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

blink44 wrote: »
    Just confirmed by smyths, day one fifa edition, delighted :D

How did you gets your confirmed mate as I've not heard anything from them as of yet despite having it fully paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

EJ22 wrote: »
    How did you gets your confirmed mate as I've not heard anything from them as of yet despite having it fully paid off

Gave them a call, was driving me mad not knowing. I haven't paid any of it off yet but he said I can pay on the day. He also mentioned that they were more than likely having a midnight opening, dunno if midnight console launches are a wise idea tho, probably be safer just collecting it launch morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

blink44 wrote: »
    Gave them a call, was driving me mad not knowing. I haven't paid any of it off yet but he said I can pay on the day. He also mentioned that they were more than likely having a midnight opening, dunno if midnight console launches are a wise idea tho, probably be safer just collecting it launch morning

Thanks very much I'll drop into em so tomorrow and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Simplygames in the UK still have day one editions available if anyones interested

http://www.simplygames.com/consoles/Xbox_One/

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I just called into Smyths to put the final payment on my gift card.

They said I'd probably be unable to choose FIFA or Forza cos I have a day-one edition preordered. He said I'd lose my place in the queue if I wanted to switch to a standard edition that comes with Forza.

So anybody want to trade the copy of FIFA for something else!?

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Simplygames in the UK still have day one editions available if anyones interested

http://www.simplygames.com/consoles/Xbox_One/

Buying one now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They don't know what they are on about clearly as both the FIFA and Forza 5 packs are day one editions. The standard editions don't come with a game code in the box.

Quick question , they are charging £19 for delivery . If I ship it to the Antrim parcel motel address will parcel motel bring it to my Parcel motel ??? (I've never used it before)

nanook5 wrote: »
    Quick question , they are charging £19 for delivery . If I ship it to the Antrim parcel motel address will parcel motel bring it to my Parcel motel ??? (I've never used it before)

Unfortunately if its your first time using the website the delivery address must be the same as the billing one :(

I'm contemplating buying one myslf. Cancelled my original xbox one pre order due to lack of funds.... I now have said funds haha

I've a PS4 paid off though so I may just wait it out. I still can't believe they'll be off the shelves till 2014

Unfortunately if its your first time using the website the delivery address must be the same as the billing one :(

I'm contemplating buying one myslf. Cancelled my original xbox one pre order due to lack of funds.... I now have said funds haha

I've a PS4 paid off though so I may just wait it out. I still can't believe they'll be off the shelves till 2014

I might buy another game just now and then an Xbone . Will that work and any other input on the parcel motel ??

Thanks

I can only assume so, I've never used simply games but they're reliable apparently.

I'm hovering over the order button.. €600 :( haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

I can only assume so, I've never used simply games but they're reliable apparently.

I'm hovering over the order button.. €600 :( haha
    €600 what you getting with that bundle?

Advertisement