Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

2 choices really

I could get the Xbox One, Forza 5, 2 controllers and a charging dock or Xbox One Forza, ryse and a charging dock

The bundle with Just forza and the controllers is cheaper than the Ryse bundle but only slighty

Both around the €600 mark give our take a bit

edit
    Bundle 1 - http://www.simplygames.com/info/20244/Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Console-with-Ryse-and-Dual-Charging-Station-Xbox-One
    Bundle 2 - http://www.simplygames.com/info/20246/Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Console-with-Extra-Controller-and-Dual-Charging-Station-Xbox-One

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    2 choices really

I could get the Xbox One, Forza 5, 2 controllers and a charging dock or Xbox One Forza, ryse and a charging dock

The bundle with Just forza and the controllers is cheaper than the Ryse bundle but only slighty

Both around the €600 mark give our take a bit

edit
    Bundle 1 - http://www.simplygames.com/info/20244/Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Console-with-Ryse-and-Dual-Charging-Station-Xbox-One
    Bundle 2 - http://www.simplygames.com/info/20246/Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Console-with-Extra-Controller-and-Dual-Charging-Station-Xbox-One
    That pretty good deal

Which makes this harder to resist :pac:

I've fired them off an email to ask about a realistic delivery date. Will see what they say and make a choice then

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

All paid ! :D

Sound for that Am I evil? :)

I bought a controller first and then tried to pay for the Xbone and it still wouldn't let me change the address so I just said feck it and bought it .Shipping was £22 but still saved a bit of money.

I got the bundle with Forza and BF4 as I had already pre ordered them on Amazon.Cancelled my pre orders for the two games on Amazon straight away :)

Now to get my £20 pre order off Game ........

No bother at all :pac:

Now to make up my own mind haha

• Advertisement

No bother at all :pac:

Now to make up my own mind haha

I'd get the controller bundle or the BF4 one .

Ryse mightn't be as good as it seems ,I'd wait for some reviews but that's only my personal opinion.

They'll be gone if you don't pick soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just got a call from Gamestop asking which Day One Edition did I want. Fifa or Forza and just the regular spiel about collecting it on launch day.

nanook5 wrote: »
    I'd get the controller bundle or the BF4 one .

Ryse mightn't be as good as it seems ,I'd wait for some reviews but that's only my personal opinion.

They'll be gone if you don't pick soon :P

Ah yeah I've no interest in Ryse but I'll be getting all the multiplats on the PS4 so Xbox will pretty much be used just for the exclusives. Doubt I need two controllers for it so I ust thought I may aswel spend the extra few quid and get another game that I may with some slim chance enjoy ha

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

kensutz wrote: »
    Just got a call from Gamestop asking which Day One Edition did I want. Fifa or Forza and just the regular spiel about collecting it on launch day.

Smyth's told me FIFA was the only day one package. Damn them!

I wonder if the Forza download codes are for the Day one edition of Forza :confused:

Anyone know if it is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wonder if the Forza download codes are for the Day one edition of Forza :confused:

Anyone know if it is ?

Yep it is.

Yep it is.

Woop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Orderd from gamestop with months

Getting the Fifa one IIRC

Going to Get a Joypad and Forza with it,, so hopefully be some kind of bundle going on

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

I'll be getting the Forza day one console.

And then doing the GameStop upgrade offer on FIFA & Ghosts.

Really wish we'd b told what bundles (if any) we are going to be doing :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    I'll be getting the Forza day one console.

And then doing the GameStop upgrade offer on FIFA & Ghosts.

Really wish we'd b told what bundles (if any) we are going to be doing :-/

I was told today in gamestop newbridge that the guy is 100% sure there will not be any gamestop bundles or any other bundles...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hoop what's the upgrade offer? Haven't got a call from gamestop..

Ah yeah I've no interest in Ryse but I'll be getting all the multiplats on the PS4 so Xbox will pretty much be used just for the exclusives. Doubt I need two controllers for it so I ust thought I may aswel spend the extra few quid and get another game that I may with some slim chance enjoy ha

Did you end up buying it ? It looks like there all out of stock now http://www.simplygames.com/consoles/Xbox_One/

I didnt :o

Had to head out. Ah well.. its not meant to be! Ha il get one around the time titanfall comes out.

Its for the best anyway. The ps4 will be enough of a distraction haha

I didnt :o

Had to head out. Ah well.. its not meant to be! Ha il get one around the time titanfall comes out.

Its for the best anyway. The ps4 will be enough of a distraction haha

Ahhhhhhh well :pac:

Theres still argos :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Hoop what's the upgrade offer? Haven't got a call from gamestop..

Trade in the current gen version of FIFA,BF4,Ghosts or Blackflag

And get the next gen version for €15

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Confirmed that I'll have a day one Forza console on launch. 480 paid off and will be trading in GTAV, Arkham origins and a few other bits tomorrow.

Will put the Forza code on Adverts. Not a big racing fan. Not a fan if FIFA either lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Confirmed that I'll have a day one Forza console on launch. 480 paid off and will be trading in GTAV, Arkham origins and a few other bits tomorrow.

Will put the Forza code on Adverts. Not a big racing fan. Not a fan if FIFA either lol.

I might be intrested in the Forza code at the time if the money is right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    Trade in the current gen version of FIFA,BF4,Ghosts or Blackflag

And get the next gen version for €15

You have to have bought the game you are trading in Gamestop and have a valid receipt though, at least thats what I was told when I asked them. I've got FIFA and Ghosts that I bought in other places and am hoping somewhere will take them for a similar offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I have mine booked with Microsoft directly and just received an email from "Microsoft Retail Store" titled "Your Xbox One order - update required immediately"
    We noticed that the credit card you have used for your order has expired, and we want to make sure you still get your Xbox One on the 22 November release date.

To update your credit card's expiry date, please call us on 1800 71 xxxx and tell the agent that you need to update the credit card information on your Xbox One order. If necessary, you can also update your billing or delivery information.

We'll start processing orders on 15 November, so we ask you to make your changes by that date to ensure delivery of your order. Pre-orders not updated by 25 November will be cancelled.

Thanks for helping us to deliver your Xbox One on 22 November without any issues - and thanks for shopping at the Microsoft online store.

Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, The Atrium Building, Block B, Carmanhall Road, Sandyford Business Estate, Dublin 18, Ireland.

Does anyone know if this is legit or a scam (a fairly detailed scam using a 1800 number)? The credit card has not expired and the full amount already charged to the card.

Update: Turns out the e-mail was from Microsoft, but they sent it in error. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Anyone know if it is ?

why do some come with a physical disk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Does anyone know if this is legit or a scam (a fairly detailed scam using a 1800 number)? The credit card has not expired and the full amount already charged to the card.

Update: Turns out the e-mail was from Microsoft, but they sent it in error. Phew.

I got that email too this morning. Good to hear that it was sent in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Range gamestop to confirm my XB1 as I was starting to worry when other people had but I'm down for the fifa edition which is what I wanted.
    Midnight launch and I'm working the following day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I have mine booked with Microsoft directly and just received an email from "Microsoft Retail Store" titled "Your Xbox One order - update required immediately"

Also with Microsoft, I never checked my Hotmail account so much in my entire life! Perhaps if anyone gets any update from MS they could let us all know here. What are the chances of getting our consoles on release day?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Also with Microsoft, I never checked my Hotmail account so much in my entire life! Perhaps if anyone gets any update from MS they could let us all know here. What are the chances of getting our consoles on release day?

Thanks
    When I was talking with the guy from Microsoft, he said that everything was OK with the order and that it will definitely arrive in time for launch day.

The e-mail said "We'll start processing orders on 15 November, so we ask you to make your changes by that date to ensure delivery of your order"

I'm putting two and two together in my head (with an unhealthy overdose of optimism) and think it could be possible that they may arrive a little before the 22nd. Here's hoping anyway :)

Advertisement