Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'm putting two and two together in my head (with an unhealthy overdose of optimism) and think it could be possible that they may arrive a little before the 22nd. Here's hoping anyway :)

That would be class I've already booked the Friday off. I might try and get the Thursday too...just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

The credit card has not expired and the full amount already charged to the card.
    Just out of interest when was your card charged? No sign of any charge on my card or even a hold so I'm a little worried because I rang to change delivery address on Friday and they said that to change address they needed to cancel the original order and put it through again, they assured me that it would still be the day one and arrive on launch but I'm getting worried they might have messed it up on me. I suppose if I haven't been charged by next Monday I'll ring them to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

When I was talking with the guy from Microsoft, he said that everything was OK with the order and that it will definitely arrive in time for launch day.

The e-mail said "We'll start processing orders on 15 November, so we ask you to make your changes by that date to ensure delivery of your order"

I'm putting two and two together in my head (with an unhealthy overdose of optimism) and think it could be possible that they may arrive a little before the 22nd. Here's hoping anyway :)

Usually companies will have an agreement with courier/delivery contractors that goods will not be delivered before a specific date, so even though your Xbone may be sitting in a depot somewhere near you soon, you will probably only receive it on the 22nd:rolleyes:
    But you never know......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

dor83 wrote: »
    Just out of interest when was your card charged? No sign of any charge on my card or even a hold so I'm a little worried because I rang to change delivery address on Friday and they said that to change address they needed to cancel the original order and put it through again, they assured me that it would still be the day one and arrive on launch but I'm getting worried they might have messed it up on me. I suppose if I haven't been charged by next Monday I'll ring them to make sure.

mine hasn't been charged yet and I got the email from MS about the card expiry date. Most ecommerce sites, Amazon etc do not charge until order is shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You have to have bought the game you are trading in Gamestop and have a valid receipt though, at least thats what I was told when I asked them. I've got FIFA and Ghosts that I bought in other places and am hoping somewhere will take them for a similar offer.

i cant see gamestop being too fussy when your spending 6-700 if you have a receipt or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

OK, funny story - it turns out that I had paid for this via PayPal (and it had looked on PayPal that the amount had been charged already), but it was just processed on PayPal as a pre-order.

But (and this is a capital BUT), because the pre-order transaction was placed in August PayPal had expired the transaction because Microsoft hadn't completed it within 45-60 days.

If anyone else bought from the Microsoft site using PayPal, it might be worth checking on the PayPal site, just to be sure that everything is still hunky dory.

This is how mine looked:
    Invoice ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: xx-Aug-2013
    Time: 10:00:00 BST

I had to go back to Microsoft and change the payment type from PayPal to Credit Card... They had to generate a new order number to change payment type, but guaranteed several times during the call (just to be sure) that I wouldn't be losing out on my Day One edition, or my place in the order queue.

They're going to start Payment Processing on Friday (15. November) and delivery is for 22. Nov, with the vaguest, tiniest, slight, miniscule possibility that it might be there on 21. Nov.

I wouldn't be booking the day off, though, with those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

syboit wrote: »
    why do some come with a physical disk ?

No.As far as I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

nanook5 wrote: »
    No.As far as I know :)
    A bit tough on the people who want to get Forza 5 in areas of poor Broadband. The 31GB download size on a 1MB internet connection may take a while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Xbox One bundles now available on GameStop website.. Think it was a choice of FIFA 14 or CoD Ghosts for €349.99

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kevvv wrote: »
    Xbox One bundles now available on GameStop website.. Think it was a choice of FIFA 14 or CoD Ghosts for €349.99

The price is €539.99 for both, do you have a link to that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Thanks for this, just checked and mine is the same.

OK, funny story - it turns out that I had paid for this via PayPal (and it had looked on PayPal that the amount had been charged already), but it was just processed on PayPal as a pre-order.

But (and this is a capital BUT), because the pre-order transaction was placed in August PayPal had expired the transaction because Microsoft hadn't completed it within 45-60 days.

If anyone else bought from the Microsoft site using PayPal, it might be worth checking on the PayPal site, just to be sure that everything is still hunky dory.

This is how mine looked:

I had to go back to Microsoft and change the payment type from PayPal to Credit Card... They had to generate a new order number to change payment type, but guaranteed several times during the call (just to be sure) that I wouldn't be losing out on my Day One edition, or my place in the order queue.

They're going to start Payment Processing on Friday (15. November) and delivery is for 22. Nov, with the vaguest, tiniest, slight, miniscule possibility that it might be there on 21. Nov.

I wouldn't be booking the day off, though, with those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

put €20 down today in xtravision in Wicklow town, only got in on the third release wave though so not sure when ill have mine tbh unless i can get it at release somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Grim. wrote: »
    put €20 down today in xtravision in Wicklow town, only got in on the third release wave though so not sure when ill have mine tbh unless i can get it at release somewhere else

GameStop are guaranteeing consoles before Christmas. And the second wave Is due in on or before the 29th! (Ps4 release day)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Varik wrote: »
    The price is €539.99 for both, do you have a link to that price.

No I don't have a link to that price, it was clearly a typo on my behalf

DK224 wrote: »
    A bit tough on the people who want to get Forza 5 in areas of poor Broadband. The 31GB download size on a 1MB internet connection may take a while :(

That's all me 256KB/s is what my actual download speed is :P. It'll probably take 6-9 hours .I'll just play BF4 and download it in the Background

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

That's all me 256KB/s is what my actual download speed is :P. It'll probably take 6-9 hours .I'll just play BF4 and download it in the Background
    I might be wrong here but at 256k wouldn't it take 30+ hours to download 31GB? I get around 2MB download speeds steadily and I think it would take me 4-5 hours, probably more as xbox live is a little slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We'll know soon but I suggest that someone should try renting the disc version of the game and installing from that, and then using their bundled code to try and activate it.

From the older examples you were meant to be able to bring your game to a friends house and then play, and then later if he wanted it he could buy it digitally off the store and run it off the already present install.

I might be wrong here but at 256k wouldn't it take 30+ hours to download 31GB? I get around 2MB download speeds steadily and I think it would take me 4-5 hours, probably more as xbox live is a little slower.

Hmmmmmmm well...........Maybe :P :( *Shakes fist at Eircom*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmmmmmm well...........Maybe :P :( *Shakes fist at Eircom*

Best thing to do is to take your console to someone or somewhere that has a really speedy connection and get your downloads completed.

Best thing to do is to take your console to someone or somewhere that has a really speedy connection and get your downloads completed.

I don't know of any friends or family that actually have a good internet connection ,so I'm out of luck really . I can just leave it overnight I guess .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

I don't know of any friends or family that actually have a good internet connection ,so I'm out of luck really . I can just leave it overnight I guess .

Solid 3mb connection here And the season pass of fifa 14 is 8.2 GB and took me just over 9 hours so on 1mb=27 hours so Forza on 1mb=81 hours very roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Solid 3mb connection here And the season pass of fifa 14 is 8.2 GB and took me just over 9 hours so on 1mb=27 hours so Forza on 1mb=81 hours very roughly

irishchris wrote: »

Aww God .....I'm not getting anything digitally anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

So just checked my pre-order in Smyths Jervis and the guy said that MS told them only to take pre-orders for the number of consoles they were getting on release day, and no more. Probably to generate hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Has anybody who has a day one confirmed from Gamestop online been able to find out if they have a choice between FIFA and Forza like the folks who ordered in store? I've popped off a couple of emails but not heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ronan wrote: »
    Has anybody who has a day one confirmed from Gamestop online been able to find out if they have a choice between FIFA and Forza like the folks who ordered in store? I've popped off a couple of emails but not heard anything.

My friend inquired about this in store a couple of days ago and was allowed to choose between Forza or Fifa so I'd advise you to call into your local store as soon as you get a chance.

Edit: Just realised you said gamestop ONLINE. So, I'd assume it's the same case but probably be best to ring them if they're not replying to your e-mails :/

DaLad wrote: »
    My friend inquired about this in store a couple of days ago and was allowed to choose between Forza or Fifa so I'd advise you to call into your local store as soon as you get a chance.

He pre ordered online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

He pre ordered online.

Yeah I was editing that when you posted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Yeah, think I'll give them a buzz, see what they have to say. I'm just being lazy really :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

Got email stating guaranteed for launch, made no claims it would ship earlier being in Ireland regardless of express shipping or not - paid the express anyway. currently on the site waiting for the status to change to see it being processed as this is the only indication its being packaged in your name.

I called them Oct 28th and said i saw that the pre orders were pulled on Oct 14th for day ones and this is why i hesitated - then found forum saying they opened up again for launch day bundles - still not believing it on my call on Oct 28th guy told me " yeah we still have more day ones left , we have not yet sold our consignment- " he added that they were running out fast - 3 days later the guarantee was removed. Heres hoping anyway.

Advertisement