Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

BLissIRL wrote: »
    Got email stating guaranteed for launch, made no claims it would ship earlier being in Ireland regardless of express shipping or not - paid the express anyway. currently on the site waiting for the status to change to see it being processed as this is the only indication its being packaged in your name.

I called them Oct 28th and said i saw that the pre orders were pulled on Oct 14th for day ones and this is why i hesitated - then found forum saying they opened up again for launch day bundles - still not believing it on my call on Oct 28th guy told me " yeah we still have more day ones left , we have not yet sold our consignment- " he added that they were running out fast - 3 days later the guarantee was removed. Heres hoping anyway.

Also have pre order with game for Oct 10th - they laughed at the suggestion at day one edition - blackpool Cork, 90th in the queue there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

How many day ones did they say they had in blackpool, fella told me I wouldn't get one either and then he said oh sorry your 9th, smart arse looked a bit silly after that

How many day ones did they say they had in blackpool, fella told me I wouldn't get one either and then he said oh sorry your 9th, smart arse looked a bit silly after that

Friend of mine has a friend (Yes i know) and he is general regional manager in gamestop. they have around 60 - 70 consoles per store confirmed for pre order - but there is a funny rule laid down by MS they cut them off and state no more for the amounts in stock now- but the other waves could see them on shelves launch day in larger areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Went into Gamestop Navan today to ask was I guaranteed one on launch day. I order mine on 25th of August. Was told "I was more than likely getting one but he couldn't be too sure as he didn't know how many they were getting."

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Went into Gamestop Navan today to ask was I guaranteed one on launch day. I order mine on 25th of August. Was told "I was more than likely getting one but he couldn't be too sure as he didn't know how many they were getting."

That's not true anyway. Every store has been notified of the amount of day one consoles that'll be received.

I think all orders up until the end of August are guaranteed on launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    That's not true anyway. Every store has been notified of the amount of day one consoles that'll be received.

Ye that's what I thought but what could I say to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just a little update for anyone who has not pre ordered or anyone whos planning on doing a walk in style for consoles

Checked the argos delivery system today

for xbox ones the total units to be sent and divided accross all stores in Ireland/dublin is 613 (it didnt specify if it was all of ireland or just county dublin
    Also it says they wont be delievered to any store until the 9th December , now whether this is a glitch or someone just entered the wrong date for delievery I won't know more until early next week
    Like I said this really only matters for walk ins
    also its unclear if its day one editions or fifa/forza bundles or just standard ones

Nothing on the system about the ps4 yet but I am guessing I'll know the total units for them come early/late next week as well as well as a release date for stores for walk ins

I am hoping its a glitch though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Just a little update for anyone who has not pre ordered or anyone whos planning on doing a walk in style for consoles

Checked the argos delivery system today

for xbox ones the total units to be sent and divided accross all stores in Ireland/dublin is 613 (it didnt specify if it was all of ireland or just county dublin
    Also it says they wont be delievered to any store until the 9th December , now whether this is a glitch or someone just entered the wrong date for delievery I won't know more until early next week
    Like I said this really only matters for walk ins
    also its unclear if its day one editions or fifa/forza bundles or just standard ones

Nothing on the system about the ps4 yet but I am guessing I'll know the total units for them come early/late next week as well as well as a release date for stores for walk ins

I am hoping its a glitch though

Do you work in Argos?

Can you keep me updated on this as have a friend who's going to try get one this way. Thanks.

DaLad wrote: »
    Do you work in Argos?

Can you keep me updated on this as have a friend who's going to try get one this way. Thanks.

yes I do, will do hopefully know more on next monday

Shopto are now processing orders - still waiting for my Oct 25th pre order confirmation , I did get to click the guaranteed for launch button and my responding email states also the same. Hoping and praying theyll have a customer for life if it comes off without a hitch.

• Advertisement

Another place that may have been over looked would be littelwoods - they are promising before xmas as well as Harvey Normans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Maestro84 wrote: »
    ArklowHoop wrote: »

Mine was pre booked on 21st August and I got the call on Sunday to ask which Day One edition did I want as the lads in Gamestop had to let Microsoft know what they had to order for the day of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

9.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

What's everyone's taughts on the midnight launches? Some people saying its a foolish idea going to a midnight console launch. Have mine booked in carrickmines so at least I can park by the door rather than walking thru the city centre with one

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Just went into smyths jervis Street and got confirmation I'll be picking up my xbox one forza day one edition next Friday. Thought I ordered the standard with forza but certainly ain't going to complain about free yr of live and killer instinct on top of it all

EJ22 wrote: »
    Just went into smyths jervis Street and got confirmation I'll be picking up my xbox one forza day one edition next Friday. Thought I ordered the standard with forza but certainly ain't going to complain about free yr of live and killer instinct on top of it all

Where did you get a free year of live?

Where did you get a free year of live?

Doesn't it come with the day one Consoles bundle? If not then my mistake

EJ22 wrote: »
    Doesn't it come with the day one Consoles bundle? If not then my mistake

No it doesnt, MS would be considered generous then if they did:pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    No it doesnt, MS would be considered generous then if they did:pac:

Yep got confused with the xbox live you can buy on launch that gives you killer instinct. Should have known better from ms but ah well my bad lads

Ronan wrote: »
    Yeah, think I'll give them a buzz, see what they have to say. I'm just being lazy really :)

Did you hear anything mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Did you hear anything mate?

Tried to ring twice but the phone rings out. I asked them on twitter and they said there is only a certain amount of Forza bundles and they are being offered to those who preordered first. I have gone back to say I preordered in June and people who ordered in Store in Aug have been offered a choice.

I've not heard back, but will let you know.

TBH, I am not holding out much hope as I get the feeling in stores will get preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Does anyone know if this is legit or a scam (a fairly detailed scam using a 1800 number)? The credit card has not expired and the full amount already charged to the card.

Update: Turns out the e-mail was from Microsoft, but they sent it in error. Phew.
    TweekeewT wrote: »
    I got that email too this morning. Good to hear that it was sent in error.

To follow up on this, just got this email from them:
    Dear TweekeewT,

Our Mistake.

You recently got an email from us telling you that your credit card had expired for your Xbox One pre-order. That wasn’t the email we meant to send you, and we’re sorry about the confusion it may have caused.

What we meant to ask you to do was to verify your billing and shipping address. You can do that by checking your order history.

If you’ve checked your billing and shipping address and everything looks OK, you don’t need to do anything else. If you see a problem, then please call us at 1800 71 0200.

We’re looking forward to delivering your Xbox One on 22 November.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

BLissIRL wrote: »
    Also have pre order with game for Oct 10th - they laughed at the suggestion at day one edition - blackpool Cork, 90th in the queue there .

I asked where I was in the queue when I went in to pay a few quid off the console and the lad on the counter told me he didn't know :/

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Are all your Day One editions you ordered through Gamestop.ie just saying "Xbox One (Pre-Order)"? Want to make sure I actually get it, had GTA V cancelled on me, so I'm a bit weary of their practices now. Nothing has been taking from my bank yet, but I'm told that the money is only taken once it has shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Somebody is going to get a nice surprise with a day one as I only noticed gamstop did not cancel my online preorder from June even though they confirmed to me by email! I have one booked instore instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My preorder, which I cancelled, is still showing as live on their site too. Emailed them to confirm it's cancelled and they said it is. It bloody better be, don't want them charging my card!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

I got an email from Gamestop this morning confirming that I'll be getting a day one edition console with Fifa included :)

I pre-ordered online towards the end of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i just read on facebook that the midnight release is invitation only, how is this working ? i have had no email or call from gamestop, im 9th in line so surely i will be able to get it at midnight, i have the next day off work, be a bit **** if im off and doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Limpar wrote: »
    I got an email from Gamestop this morning confirming that I'll be getting a day one edition console with Fifa included :)

I pre-ordered online towards the end of August.

Same here (28th of August). Phew! Really would've preferred the Forza edition, but I guess I'll just have to buy that separately.
    We are delighted to confirm you will be receiving your order for the Xbox Day One Edition with FIFA 14 on the 22/11/2013.

The Xbox day One edition will be shipped out to you by Tracked Mail and payment will be taken on the date of shipment.

Please make sure that funds are in your account in the coming week as missed payments can delay your order.

As your console is being sent by Tracked mail it will require a signature. Please make sure that someone is present at the delivery address to sign for the delivery. If nobody is at the address you may miss out on having your order on the launch date.

If you have any questions or queries about your order or delivery please do not hesitate to contact us at Hello@gamestop.ie

Wish they would have actually specified when they're going to ship it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

maximoose wrote: »
    My preorder, which I cancelled, is still showing as live on their site too. Emailed them to confirm it's cancelled and they said it is. It bloody better be, don't want them charging my card!

Thats what I said to them, all confirmed its cancelled and apologies for the error etc. Lucky I checked, the wife is giving out I'm getting one, note alone two!

Advertisement