Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

blink44 wrote: »
    What's everyone's taughts on the midnight launches? Some people saying its a foolish idea going to a midnight console launch. Have mine booked in carrickmines so at least I can park by the door rather than walking thru the city centre with one

Smyths on kinsale road in Cork, told me this morning that they probably won't be doing a midnight launch. Was told there is over 150 preorders in for XBO, with several batches but all should be in for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

i just read on facebook that the midnight release is invitation only, how is this working ? i have had no email or call from gamestop, im 9th in line so surely i will be able to get it at midnight, i have the next day off work, be a bit **** if im off and doing nothing

you'll get a text apparently next week which you need for the midnight launch

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Butsymarc

I ordered mine last week online from gamestop.ie got an email as well from them today saying "We are delighted to confirm you will be receiving your order for the Xbox One on the weekend of the 29/11/2013."

An interview with the VP of Northern Europe for Gamestop on silicon republic says otherwise.
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/34818-playstation-4-and-xbox-one/

I hope the email is right!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Who the hell pre-ordered 2 years ago?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

maximoose wrote: »

??? Where did that come from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

maximoose wrote: »

The earliest pre-orders, were after the consoles were announced. I remember PS4 pre-orders being available in February in gamestop, and not 2 years ago......, and Xbox One pre-orders started in May. Must be a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The article just above there
    GameStop has said fans who pre-ordered two years ago will be served first

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

8.......:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ShaunC wrote: »
    8.......:D:D

I was wondering wtf you were doing with your 9 and 8 'till I realised you were counting down the days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Ronan wrote: »
    Tried to ring twice but the phone rings out. I asked them on twitter and they said there is only a certain amount of Forza bundles and they are being offered to those who preordered first. I have gone back to say I preordered in June and people who ordered in Store in Aug have been offered a choice.

I've not heard back, but will let you know.

TBH, I am not holding out much hope as I get the feeling in stores will get preference.

Just to follow up on this. I got a reply from Gamestop today to say that online customers only get FIFA. So looks like my feeling was right, store customers get first choice which is disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Just back from smyths, they said I couldn't pre order any accessories like additional controllers, only games, seems a bit odd. Either way they said they have about 100 consoles coming in, 50 fifa, 50 forza. I'm happy il be getting fifa anyways. And have forza ordered as well now :)

Got a call from Gamestop a few minutes ago, and console is guaranteed for launch, and I was given a choice between Forza and Fifa, and an invite for the midnight opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

wes wrote: »
    Got a call from Gamestop a few minutes ago, and console is guaranteed for launch, and I was given a choice between Forza and Fifa, and an invite for the midnight opening.

Which store was this?

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Which store was this?

Stephens Green Shopping Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Does anyone have any idea of an online retailer that still has stock available for preorder? Or what would my chances of picking up a console on launch in Limerick?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

VivGrise wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of an online retailer that still has stock available for preorder? Or what would my chances of picking up a console on launch in Limerick?!

I haven't used it myself but others on here have: ShopTo.net

Or you could take a chance and que in a 24 hour Tesco on the night assuming they're getting some in. or Argos the next morning (also assuming they'll have them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

VivGrise wrote: »

From Limerick myself. You will not get it at Gamestop at launch because its invitation only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

From Limerick myself. You will not get it at Gamestop at launch because its invitation only!

I thought I would send a message to Tesco via Facebook, the reply I got was there will be a few but we don't want to raise expectations as they will be in short supply.
    So if I wanted one and didn't pre order, I would be at my nearest 24 Tesco by 11:00 and speak to the manager, my nearest one is always dead at that time of night, if that failed I would say be at a store at opening and run like and when the doors open lol, good luck to any one that hasn't pre ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Got a call from Gamestop a few days ago confirming that I can pick up the console at the midnight launch and that I had a choice of Fifa or Forza. I had been planning on getting Fifa ever since they announced that it would be free with day one editions and I was just about to say Fifa as my choice to the person on the other end of the phone but my brain, in a split second brainstorm, realised that I already have Fifa 14 on the 360 and I can upgrade it to the next gen for 15 euro, so why not get Forza for free with the console!? Thank you brain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Just cancelled a Day-One FIFA launch day console on Amazon.
    So anybody waiting on one just got bumped up one spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I only found out about this invite thing last night , rang gamestop and said i missed out on the first wave by two F*ckin days , thats a bit of a joke to be honest , so now I don't know where to go now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I haven't received any call, but I was in there last week adding a controller and play and charge kit, I asked about a midnight launch, after asking the manager he told me there was, no mention of invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

7......:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

RVN10 wrote: »
    I only found out about this invite thing last night , rang gamestop and said i missed out on the first wave by two F*ckin days , thats a bit of a joke to be honest , so now I don't know where to go now ?

What date did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Smyths, Bray just rang and put me down for midnight launch. I'm very undecided if I'll get it (I'll check it out over the wkend in The Ambassador). If I don't want it, I'll let you guys know.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Smyths, Bray just rang and put me down for midnight launch. I'm very undecided if I'll get it (I'll check it out over the wkend in The Ambassador). If I don't want it, I'll let you guys know.

Hmmmm - Carrickmines haven't said anything to me, but I did miss a call earlier from a private number.... will have to check that out.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    What date did you order?

Ordered it on the 3 of Sept and they 100% guaranteed one for me then

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

I have a €20 deposit down on a day one edition with FIFA included in Smyths Toys in Airside Swords.
    Unfortunately I don't have enough money saved up so I will offer it up here if anyone is interested in taking it of my hands. ?

okla wrote: »
    I have a €20 deposit down on a day one edition with FIFA included in Smyths Toys in Airside Swords.
    Unfortunately I don't have enough money saved up so I will offer it up here if anyone is interested in taking it of my hands. ?

I'll take it ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

okla wrote: »

Over here if still available. Friend is dying to get one on day one.

Advertisement