Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

RVN10 wrote: »
    I'll take it ????

Jaysus that was quick !
    Please pm me your details RVN and I'll give you a buzz.
    Thor is next in line if it falls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

okla wrote: »
    Jaysus that was quick !

Sent you a pm there mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Hmmmm - Carrickmines haven't said anything to me, but I did miss a call earlier from a private number.... will have to check that out.

Got a call from carrickmines earlier on private number, theyr calling everyone who's on day one to see if they would attend a midnight opening if they were to do it, he said if enough people want it they will have one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I ordered mine in Smyths Drogheda...anyone get any secret phone calls? Ive heard nothing ordered on the 10th September hope to get a day one edition but knowing my luck theres no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Ordered mine in Smyths on Kinsale Road Cork back in August. I've heard nothing from them in terms of launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Ordered mine in Smyths on Kinsale Road Cork back in August. I've heard nothing from them in terms of launch.

Was there yesterday, asked about a midnight launch, but the girl didnt think they were going to do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just called into the Smyths here where I have orded mine and they are doing a midnight launch so said i would attend. Time to get the day one patch and FIFA downloaded over night

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

blink44 wrote: »
    Got a call from carrickmines earlier on private number, theyr calling everyone who's on day one to see if they would attend a midnight opening if they were to do it, he said if enough people want it they will have one

Cool - have tried ringing them back but no answer. will drop in on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

okla wrote: »
    Jaysus that was quick !

Really appreciate it , collecting receipt tomorrow , called airside and they have confirmed a mid-night launch so thats awesome cheers mate :D Going to my make little brother a happy fella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Smyths Jervis rang to confirm my Fifa Bundle and to see if I was interested in a midnight launch. He also said there would be bundles on the day.

• Advertisement

Got an email from gamestop to confirm my Day One Edition for the 22nd.

Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Gamestop Liffey St rang today to confirm my xbox for the 22nd and also ask if I wanted Forza or Fifa. Looking at early review scores, I totally went for Forza.

I won't be at the midnight launch but good luck to everyone on that small list!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I got a call from Smyths yesterday asking if I'd be interested in a midnight launch for the XB1. Apparently they are considering opening for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Benzino wrote: »
    Smyths Jervis rang to confirm my Fifa Bundle and to see if I was interested in a midnight launch. He also said there would be bundles on the day.
    Did they mention what bundles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Anybody getting theirs in Gamestop Galway? Just wondering if they are doing a midnight release. I doubt it very much, but just thought I'd ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anybody getting theirs in Gamestop Galway? Just wondering if they are doing a midnight release. I doubt it very much, but just thought I'd ask.

They seethe only gamestop store not doing a ps4 opening so imagine they are not doing One for Xbox One either.

Anyone who preordered One there get a call from gamestop Galway confirming their preorder for launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Hi,

Looking for an Xbox One for Christmas. Not too interested in getting one at launch. What do you think the chances are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Tropheus wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for an Xbox One for Christmas. Not too interested in getting one at launch. What do you think the chances are?

At the XBox One event last night, HMV/Xtravision said they were the only Irish retailer left that could guarantee delivery before Christmas. Might be of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Did they mention what bundles?

No they didn't I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Just called into the Smyths here where I have orded mine and they are doing a midnight launch so said i would attend. Time to get the day one patch and FIFA downloaded over night
    can the day one patch be done in advance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

can the day one patch be done in advance ?

No, I would think not, not sure how you would go about getting it done in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

logik wrote: »
    No, I would think not, not sure how you would go about getting it done in advance.

Yeah you can not put it on a USB stick as it is not up on the Microsoft website for download, so you will have to wait till you get home and and hook the console up to your internet, you cannot download games till this is done either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hmm, I ordered on 04/09 and my estimated delivery date is the 22nd

I hope that's accurate...

maximoose wrote: »
    Hmm, I ordered on 04/09 and my estimated delivery date is the 22nd

I hope that's accurate...

Taken from Amazon
    Orders placed up to and including August 14 will be dispatched to meet the release date

Orders from August 15 may be delivered after release date

Orders placed from November 13 may not be delivered before Christmas

They seem quite vague and unsure compared to the PS4 page, as it has no maybes about dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

... did you delete a post?

My order is for the Day one with Forza version and I think I got in not too long after they listed it, so hoping it is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah you can not put it on a USB stick as it is not up on the Microsoft website for download, so you will have to wait till you get home and and hook the console up to your internet, you cannot download games till this is done either.
    thats what i thought but i read a previous post a fella said he was now going to get day one patch and download fifa

maximoose wrote: »
    ... did you delete a post?

My order is for the Day one with Forza version and I think I got in not too long after they listed it, so hoping it is right.

Yeah deleted by accident :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

thats what i thought but i read a previous post a fella said he was now going to get day one patch and download fifa

I assume he meant that he would get it at the midnight launch, set it up and download it over night...therefore having it ready for use the next day...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What would be the chances of getting NBA 2K14 delivered on launch from Amazon.

Also is there any news on the Kinect voice commands working in Ireland?
    Because I heard Italy,New Zealand & Ireland won't have it for launch.

Seemingly you'll need to set your region in the UK for it to work.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What would be the chances of getting NBA 2K14 delivered on launch from Amazon.

Also is there any news on the Kinect voice commands working in Ireland?
    Because I heard Italy,New Zealand & Ireland won't have it for launch.

Seemingly you'll need to set your region in the UK for it to work.

Its the only Xbox One game on Amazon that doesn't have the "guarantee for release day delivery" option for some strange reason.

Smyths dont have it on there website at all over here either.

Advertisement