Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know where I can get a xbox live day one edition next Friday? Rang a few gamestops and most of them didn't even know it was a thing despite it being advertised on gamestop . ie and smyths jervis has said they're all booked up. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

EJ22 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a xbox live day one edition next Friday? Rang a few gamestops and most of them didn't even know it was a thing despite it being advertised on gamestop . ie and smyths jervis has said they're all booked up. Cheers
    Forza edition is in store only as far as I know for the first x amount of pre orders, I can't see it on the site either only bundles for FIFA and ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Forza edition is in store only as far as I know for the first x amount of pre orders, I can't see it on the site either only bundles for FIFA and ghost

I didn't meant the console. I meant this http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/45284

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Just got a call from gamestop, can pick up my xbone with COD Ghosts for 530 on the 29th. I'm happy with that cause i was very late preordering it :D

EJ22 wrote: »
    I didn't meant the console. I meant this http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/45284
    My bad, I was sure I read forza in your post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Made the final payment today and will have it at launch. Only issue is I won't be in the country as I'm working in the UK. Something to look forward to when I get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just got a call from gamestop, can pick up my xbone with COD Ghosts for 530 on the 29th. I'm happy with that cause i was very late preordering it :D

Is that a bundle gamestop are offering?

Is that a bundle gamestop are offering?

Em...Im not sure really. When I preordered (about a month ago now) I just threw down €20 and heard nothing until a while ago when they rang. He just told me my xbox will be available on the 29th with Ghosts, but I didnt ask anything else. So im guessing its a bundle but got the impression I don't have a choice of game. Which is fine as I was gonna pick up Ghosts anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Has anybody been charged by the Microsoft Store yet? My pre-order is still showing as in-processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Not so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Nothing yet either but I'd say it will probably be Monday before it is updated now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

syboit wrote: »
    Was there yesterday, asked about a midnight launch, but the girl didnt think they were going to do one.
    I have my pre-order in that Smyths too, seems strange not to do a midnight launch when they are open until 11 anyway!

The feedback from the tour thread has me exited now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I've not got a call or text from Smyths Kinsale Road. Odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

thats what i thought but i read a previous post a fella said he was now going to get day one patch and download fifa

I mean getting it Thursday night and then letting the day one patch and FIFA download overnight that night

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have my pre-order in that Smyths too, seems strange not to do a midnight launch when they are open until 11 anyway!

I had a missed call from them (smyths carrickmines) and then read on here there might be a midnight launch.

When I eventually got through to them ringing them back they said they were just looking for what the interest would be - see if enough people would go to make it worthwhile.

I don't really understand it - they have my preorder and money basically guaranteed - so I don't see why they would open at midnight just to get my money 8 hours early.

I'll be delighted if they do have a midnight opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Which gamestop store?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

6........:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Got A call about Mine
    Went for fifa And one the lADS that works there is getting me forza Collectors edition With discount so same as normal

maybe off topic but can i keep my 360 gamertag on the xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

D_turbo wrote: »
    Got A call about Mine
    Went for fifa And one the lADS that works there is getting me forza Collectors edition With discount so same as normal

maybe off topic but can i keep my 360 gamertag on the xbox one?
    Yep you use the same gamertag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

RVN10 wrote: »
    Ordered it on the 3 of Sept and they 100% guaranteed one for me then

Had one pre-ordered in gamestop in the parkway limerick in August. Was told I was guaranteed for launch day. Called in during the week and the guy there confirmed I was just in the list for the launch day. I called in today when I was passing just to see if it was Fifa or Forza I was getting, the manager told me it was Fifa and I wasn't on the list for launch day, I would get it a week later!!
    This guy was the guy I pre-ordered off, he said he probably mentioned day one edition to me when I pre-ordered it and we got our wires crossed but I said to him that the conversation we had when I pre-ordered the day one edition was I would get it on launch day which he guaranteed, so he was just talking crap today.
    Bit of a joke the guy during the week confirming I was guaranteed for launch day and 3 days later I am told I will be getting it a week after that! Was looking forward to next weekend and all as the mother in law said she would take the kids overnight and she knows nothing about the launch, just my luck :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Got a phone call form gamestop Navan today telling me I was getting a day one with Fifa. He said I was the last name on the list getting it on launch day and I ordered it on the 27th of August. My friend ordered the same time as me but didn't get a call. I ordered it 15 seconds before him ha. Bit of a joke really considering Gamestop were guaranteeing day one editions for a week after this!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I was in Gamestop in Blackpool earlier paying off the last few quid on the xbox one and when I asked the guy to check where I was on the list he told me that I was the second last name on the list for launch day.

Still not sure I fully trust it but he told me to expect a call over the next few days.

I wonder if I'll get the Forza/Fifa option....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Having read here tonight (thanks dmcg90) that Xtravision was taking orders, I took off to my local branch and they accepted on order and told me to collect 6 Dec. Fingers crossed. Will keep a little boy happy later in the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Guys why the fcuk did ye not order from amazon? I only pre ordered a few weeks ago and am getting a day one with Forza and will have it by the 25th at the latest.

I was in Gamestop in Blackpool earlier paying off the last few quid on the xbox one and when I asked the guy to check where I was on the list he told me that I was the second last name on the list for launch day.

Still not sure I fully trust it but he told me to expect a call over the next few days.

I wonder if I'll get the Forza/Fifa option....
    Why didn't they give you the option, I got the option last week, I asked out of curiosity really

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

After going through our preorders in store we were able to guarantee everyone who's pre ordered with us (up till today)a day one edition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    After going through our preorders in store we were able to guarantee everyone who's pre ordered with us (up till today)a day one edition :)

Where is that? I pre ordered in the Parkway Limerick in August and I am not getting one on launch day even though I was told during the week that I would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

From what i gather they were phone people asking would the turn up to a midnight launch, only going to do it if enough people said yes to turning up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

tony1980 wrote: »
    Where is that? I pre ordered in the Parkway Limerick in August and I am not getting one on launch day even though I was told during the week that I would be.

I did mine from the branch in the Crescent and guaranteed it.

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    Which gamestop store?

Wilton in cork

Advertisement