Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Blazer wrote: »
    I did mine from the branch in the Crescent and guaranteed it.

Same here. Booked it back in June and have confirmed it three times with them now to make sure and got a call last week asking to confirm FIFA or Forza. Going in again tomorrow with more money and going to confirm day one edition again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    After going through our preorders in store we were able to guarantee everyone who's pre ordered with us (up till today)a day one edition :)

Wish I ordered in arklow now :-) how many units yee get. Have you stock week on week coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    After going through our preorders in store we were able to guarantee everyone who's pre ordered with us (up till today)a day one edition :)

Wish I ordered in arklow now :-) how many units yee get. Have you stock week on week coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Amazon have Xbox One Fifa special edition bundles available for release day

Note this isn't a day one edition but does come delivered on launch

Just placed an order. It's around €540 delivered with parcel motel... now to sell Fifa as soon as I get it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Amazon have Xbox One Fifa special edition bundles available for release day

Note this isn't a day one edition but does come delivered on launch

Just placed an order. It's around €540 delivered with parcel motel... now to sell Fifa as soon as I get it :pac:

Are you sure,

The only one I found that is a Fifa edition(not day one edition) says this below it.
    Customers who order this console will receive it after release day, but before Christmas

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-7UV-00080-Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00BE4OUBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384568000&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one

• Advertisement

That wasn't there when I placed it (I think!) :eek:
    But they still haven't given me a delivery date just that choosing first class would give me release day delivery. If I go to check it they claim they need more time to provide me with a date

Interesting... I'll wait it out and see
    I'm not too bothered.. I really don't want Fifa so if its not release day I'll just cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Transaction is pending on my AIB.

I hope it's only held in pending until they ship it out, and there are no issues!

Is this the same for everyone who ordered through Gamestop.ie?

Sorry lads the Amazon page was an error, Just contacted them

Cancelled my order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Anyone have any idea when shops know how many day ones they are getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Transaction is pending on my AIB.

I hope it's only held in pending until they ship it out, and there are no issues!

Is this the same for everyone who ordered through Gamestop.ie?

Yep don't worry. Mine is Paypal but pending too. It is because they only take payment at shipping. So, let's hope payment is taken on the Wednesday or Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I've not got a call or text from Smyths Kinsale Road. Odd!
    From what i gather they were phone people asking would the turn up to a midnight launch, only going to do it if enough people said yes to turning up

I havn't heard anything from Smyths and I was top 10 on the list when I ordered, they said I would get a text with collection details closer to the date when I ordered.

I'd go to a midnight launch if they offered but I can see it being a pain in the ass for staff who have no interest in the X1 so it doesn't bother me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Why didn't they give you the option, I got the option last week, I asked out of curiosity really

I wasn't told I'd get either, does every day one console get the free game?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

If anyone here has an xbox one ordered in harvey norman limerick. I woukd strongly recommend checking with them that you are actually getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

I havn't heard anything from Smyths and I was top 10 on the list when I ordered, they said I would get a text with collection details closer to the date when I ordered.

I'd go to a midnight launch if they offered but I can see it being a pain in the ass for staff who have no interest in the X1 so it doesn't bother me too much.

I rang Smyth's on fonthill road and they couldn't tell me if I was getting one. I think I ordered in august. Also said I would get a text. I wish we could be told something more concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PinkFly wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when shops know how many day ones they are getting in?

Gamestop in mallow knew over a week ago, I got a call to confirm that I was getting one Nd to ask whether I wanted forza or fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

If i purchase now, any one know who is most likely to have an xbox out for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

If i purchase now, any one know who is most likely to have an xbox out for Christmas?

GameStop are guaranteeing xbox's pre Christmas once ordered before release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I emailed Tesco about a week ago, enquiring about Day One Xbox One with Fifa.

Here is their reply

"We will be stocking Xbox One Bundle with Fifa 14 in selected stores on the release date. However, we have no information at the present which stores will be selling these. If you email us around a week before its release we'll be able to check for you.

Alternatively, when you’re next at store enquire at the Electrical Desk.

Should you require any assistance in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Sarah Melly
    Tesco Ireland Customer Service"

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Davexirl wrote: »
    I emailed Tesco about a week ago, enquiring about Day One Xbox One with Fifa.

Here is their reply

"We will be stocking Xbox One Bundle with Fifa 14 in selected stores on the release date. However, we have no information at the present which stores will be selling these. If you email us around a week before its release we'll be able to check for you.

Alternatively, when you’re next at store enquire at the Electrical Desk.

Should you require any assistance in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Sarah Melly
    Tesco Ireland Customer Service"

I was informed by a friend who works in Tesco that they'll be receiving limited stock, and a lot of that stock will be bought up by staff. Just something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

5........:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Amazon UK have the Fifa 14 bundle available and will be delivered before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i pre ordered a one last Wednesday from dabs.ie. when i emailed them to inquire when would i receive it.... they told me i would would receive my console the week after the 22nd of November. http://www.dabs.ie/learn-more/electronics/xbox-one-12598.html

i know its 30 odd euro more expensive but if its for a christmas gift it is worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

What are the best shops to try walk in and get an xbox one on launch day? Cancelled my ps4 pre order and fancy an xbox one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

emo72 wrote: »
    I rang Smyth's on fonthill road and they couldn't tell me if I was getting one. I think I ordered in august. Also said I would get a text. I wish we could be told something more concrete.

I was in there today and they said that they had enough orders to cover everyone, and they were doing a midnight launch.
    I ordered in July though, and he thought I wouldn't get FIFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

bush wrote: »
    What are the best shops to try walk in and get an xbox one on launch day? Cancelled my ps4 pre order and fancy an xbox one now.

Tesco, limited stock but your only option really

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Just got the call from Gamestop, I can pick up my XBox One on the 29th. I had been told I had just made the cut for the 22nd but apparently their stock has been cut back due to a new store opening up.

Who pre-ordered from an unopened store though? :confused:

Not too miffed though, a week won't kill me and I knew I hadn't booked early enough to guarantee a day one console.

I'll have a week to suss out what the best bundle is too ;)

4..............:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ShaunC wrote: »
    4..............:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Good job you're not counting as number of sleeps. I'm so excited I can barely sleep :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

missus is buying me an ipad air for xmas and I'm supposed to get it this week as she's waiting on sister to drop it into her...Friday for the Xbox...happy days indeed :pac:

• Advertisement

Good job you're not counting as number of sleeps. I'm so excited I can barely sleep :-)

I was at the ONE tour last night and finally got my hands on the new controller, talk about super sensitive, I was firing without realising it, I think the new thumb sticks are a little too small, anyway that's my excuse for finishing a game of CoD with a 6k 15d :o, I did a bit better on laguna seca but would have liked to have seen a choice of tracks.
    BTW I got a call to midnight launch in GameStop Mullingar, so I might change my countdown:D

Advertisement