Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

After being alerted to the fact that Amazon.de (Germany) had Day One consoles with FIFA 14 available for pre-order, I decided to hop around Europe and see what I could find. Amazon.fr (France) also have Day One FIFA 14 editions, and Amazon.it (Italy) had the Forza 5 Day One Edition, which I was looking for, so I snapped it up.

I'm in no rush to get it as it is for Xmas so I chose standard delivery, and the confirmation page said to expect it Nov 25th-Dec 1st... Well actually thats what the translated Italian text from Google Chrome said. Hopefully all goes well.

Came to €511 including delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Does anyone who has ordered from the Microsoft store know if they have taken the money from your account?

I got the email saying that they were starting to process the transaction on the 15th, but no money has been taken out yet.

Also, around that time, my bank became super sensitive about my transactions, and have stopped a few card purchases on the basis that they thought that they were fraudulent.

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, be it would be nice to know if other people have had money taken out, so I can decide to call or not.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

I got a call From Gamestop Cork Blackpool today for my pre order (Ordered 10th of October) for xb1 and was told with great joy itll be here Dec 5th.

So My Shopto one gets here saturday after launch monday at the latest will have one up for grabs 5th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

CatInABox wrote: »
    Does anyone who has ordered from the Microsoft store know if they have taken the money from your account?

Nothing on my account either, I'd expect it to be either tomorrow or Tuesday when they actually take the money because that would be about when I'd expect them to ship them. I'll be keeping an eye on when other people get charged though because I had to change the delivery address and to do that they needed to cancel my original order and put another one through, they assured me that it would still be delivered on the 22nd but I'm going to keep an eye on it to make sure they don't mess it up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

dor83 wrote: »
    Nothing on my account either, I'd expect it to be either tomorrow or Tuesday when they actually take the money because that would be about when I'd expect them to ship them. I'll be keeping an eye on when other people get charged though because I had to change the delivery address and to do that they needed to cancel my original order and put another one through, they assured me that it would still be delivered on the 22nd but I'm going to keep an eye on it to make sure they don't mess it up.

I had to do the same, did you get a confirmation email about the cancellation of the original order?

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    I had to do the same, did you get a confirmation email about the cancellation of the original order?

Yeah I got a cancellation email a few hours after the phone call but the email for the new order came while I was still talking to the representative. If you didn't get the email just check your order history on the MS store and it should show both the canceled and new order there.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Don't suppose anybody can confirm how much Tesco will stock the xbox one with Fifa14? Presume its the day one/digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Superfint wrote: »
    Don't suppose anybody can confirm how much Tesco will stock the xbox one with Fifa14? Presume its the day one/digital download.

Sadly, there is no way to know. Tesco will get a limited supply of consoles which will then be split among stores and what stores and how many per store is still undetermined.

Considering how many people Tesco have working per store, I wouldn't be surprised if all units available were bought by staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Thor wrote: »
    Sadly, there is no way to know. Tesco will get a limited supply of consoles which will then be split among stores and what stores and how many per store is still undetermined.

Considering how many people Tesco have working per store, I wouldn't be surprised if all units available were bought by staff.

I can get a staff member to keep one (its for a mate anyhow) Just wondering/hoping any staff here from Tesco might have heard if its (For example) 500 euro with Fifa 14.
    Prob be early to find out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah I got a cancellation email a few hours after the phone call but the email for the new order came while I was still talking to the representative. If you didn't get the email just check your order history on the MS store and it should show both the canceled and new order there.

Mine are both still showing as In Process. I guess another call to MS may be in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone know if Tesco will be getting in games/accessories stock too?

Have €40 in vouchers I think I'll stick towards an extra controller if Tesco get them in

Tescos for launch day are receiving 200 consoles to be divided amongst Tesco extra stores ( Got this from manager employee in Dublin).

Harvey normans seem to have a low queue count called them to be told 50 in the queue and that they would call me back - no call back was made.
    My order from gamestop is was made Oct 10th and was told DEc 5th for its arrival - ill pick that up and sell it on the bay I would say.

Shopto.net i made an order on 25th of October and guaranteed for launch so go go UK.

I just got the PayPal charge for my order. I ordered as soon as the site became available so any time now guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

BLissIRL wrote: »
    Tescos for launch day are receiving 200 consoles to be divided amongst Tesco extra stores ( Got this from manager employee in Dublin).

Whats that, about 10 each?

13 Tesco Extra stores I think, so about 15 each if they are doing it evenly

I just got the PayPal charge for my order. I ordered as soon as the site became available so any time now guys.

Did the status change on the MS store? My CC doesn't show charges until the next day when I check online. Also , did you manage to cancel the old order? you don't want to be charged twice or end up with it being sent to the wrong address.

It's showing as a PayPal charge, so maybe not fully there yet. The cancelled order is the one that seems to be going through, ones delivered to work and the other to home so worse case scenario is that they both come through. I've already a mate to sell it to at cost price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87558130#post87558130

I have added a thread that will attempt to beat the scalpers now popping up on adverts.ie.

If you know anywhere that has Xbox Ones available at launch, plase post there!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I just got an e-mail from Microsoft Store that they had tried to charge my PayPal account for the second controller that I ordered (as a separate order), but the payment method expired - because it had been greater than 45 days from when I had placed the pre-order. I had to go to their site to authorise the payment again.

I guess that means they've started charging accounts for shipments :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone hear anything more form Smyths about a midnight opening? rang me last week when they were assessing interest.

I also have another contact for gamestop friend of mine rang on my behalf his buddy who is the area regional manager to discredit what one manager told a customer .

Manager stated the following " We will have plenty of consoles on the shelf for launch day MS have stopped us from taking pre-orders so as to allow units on the shelf on launch day"

I can confirm from the area manager this is a load of rubbish .

Most online places are still guaranteeing for b4 xmas but that will only last a few days at best.

My order with gamestop was done on the 10th of Oct, so i can see long wait lists with them , In my opinion the online warehouses are getting much larger numbers so it would seem wait time is shorter with them.

Shopto is who i have gone with and they confirmed day one edition pre ordered 25th of Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Anyone with an order with Amazon get charged yet?

I`m hoping they will deliver it to me on friday (I`ve booked the day off work and ensured wife and child will be out that afternoon :-) ), paid extra for two-day delivery:
    DELIVERY ESTIMATE Friday 22 Nov 2013 - Saturday 23 Nov 2013

Not sure yet, I paid the console off with gift cards. I think they have charged me this morning for the games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

For the MS Store.

I still have the Status:Order in Process and no pending transactions on bank account.

I imagine its quite the task to process all the orders at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Check commerce.microsoft.com, it shows all your MS transactions and is updated way before the store site.

Source: Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Check commerce.microsoft.com, it shows all your MS transactions and is updated way before the store site.

Nice one: Charged today.

(Although I never thought I'd be so happy to see €500 getting added to my credit card! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

• Advertisement

Just checked that and it says I have been charged for the console today, now to wait for the shipment email.

Advertisement