Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

liamog wrote: »
    Check commerce.microsoft.com, it shows all your MS transactions and is updated way before the store site.

Source: Reddit

Thank you! Very helpful site

Just checked it and its shows recent transactions Charge 18/11/2013 -€499.99 EUR - which is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From their Facebook page

14wd4pi.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thank you! Very helpful site

Just checked it and its shows recent transactions Charge 18/11/2013 -€499.99 EUR - which is nice

Yup, seems I'm good to go too. I also had to phone up and change my billing and shipping address, so I'm glad that finally worked out as well.

Bit of an ordeal changing over actually, Microsoft really don't like when you change regions, even if they support it now. The woman told me that because I was using an English card with an Irish account, I'd need to change the region and then order again. I politely told her that I've changed every possible setting to the UK, and that she should check again. Turns out that being polite works, even when you are holding back a load of rage.

Another downside of changing region: Xbox Rewards doesn't see my Gold Subscription, because it's now a "Change Region Offer" subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Finally paid off my Xbox One today in Gamestop. Traded in GTA V and was given €30 off the Xbox and this included an extra 25% credit. Roll on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Finally got a call from Smyths Kinsale Rd. They confirmed my day one and asked if I'd go to a midnight launch.

Awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Does anyone know if Killer Instinct Ultimate Edition will be available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

3.........:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Wambo

nowhere at all to pre order it at all for day one. Anywhere where you can just walk in and buy it on midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Wambo wrote: »
    nowhere at all to pre order it at all for day one. Anywhere where you can just walk in and buy it on midnight launch?

I don't know about walking in and getting it at the midnight launch but Tesco and Argos are looking like the places to stake out, but a poster on here said that Argos won't have stock until the 6th of December I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone got any word from amazon about a delivery date? Only ordered mine last month so wasn't expecting it on launch day but would like a date from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone got any word from amazon about a delivery date? Only ordered mine last month so wasn't expecting it on launch day but would like a date from them.

Check your order on Amazon,mine is showing a dispatch and estimated delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Your order history in your account on amazon should have an expected delivery date detailed

Mine is:
    Delivery estimate: 22 Nov 2013 - 23 Nov 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

rang smyths fonthill today. said that texts might be sent out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

have ps4 pre ordered since march, but after seeing both launch titles, I am a bit envious about people getting the xbox1... dead rising, ryse and forza look excellent launch day titles compared to playstation with killzone and knack...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Finally got a call from Smyths Kinsale Rd. They confirmed my day one and asked if I'd go to a midnight launch.

Awesome!
    I got a similar call from Smyths :D

Anybody who swapped from Fifa to Forza should double check what your getting, my changeover wasn't properly logged on their system but was easily cleared up with the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

I went into smyths there in galway to check my preorder. They said i can pick it up midnight thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Anyone know if Drogheda Smyths is doing a midnight launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Your order history in your account on amazon should have an expected delivery date detailed

Mine is:
    Delivery estimate: 22 Nov 2013 - 23 Nov 2013

No mine still shows Not Yet Dispatched: Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My Amazon order is showing
    DISPATCH ESTIMATE Thursday 21 Nov 2013
    DELIVERY ESTIMATE Tuesday 26 Nov 2013 - Wednesday 27 Nov 2013

I ordered June 10th. Was tempted to change delivery for something faster earlier today but then realised I'd have to do the same for each separate game order I have,no point having the console a coup!e of days without games.

Last few times I ordered expensive ele tronics from Amazon and selected free shipping they bumped it to next day via UPS - am guessing for security/tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Has anyone heard from Xtra vision yet. That have preorders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Anyone else order from Shopto hear anything or see any movement. I'm already confirmed to receive a day one console and have already paid, but haven't heard any info regarding shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I got a similar call from Smyths :D.

same here, last week they were telling me no midnight launch!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Killer Instinct Ultimate Edition will be available in Ireland?

Nope. From what I understand it is only available from the online Microsoft store.

Yeah. I know. Makes zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone have any info on Smyth's midnight launch? I'm down for midnight in Bray on Thurs but not sure if it's worth the hassle - got work on Friday. Is there anything special about it - free stuff etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info on Smyth's midnight launch? I'm down for midnight in Bray on Thurs but not sure if it's worth the hassle - got work on Friday. Is there anything special about it - free stuff etc?

Have they confirmed it? Carrickmines rang the other day about interest for it, but didn't say they are definitely doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Yeah I got a call last week confirming the midnight launch - for Bray anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

No mine still shows Not Yet Dispatched: Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time. :(

I changed my payment option for the order as since I placed the order, I got a new visa debit card. Then to my horror my dispatch status changed to the same message you have detailed, i.e. Not yet dispatched......

I was on chat with an amazon rep this morning and she confirmed this was a known issue and that my status would be updated by tomorrow. She confirmed my order would arrive by the 22nd (I have an email transcript of the chat in case of non-delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Smyths Blanchardstown just rang me.

They are doing a midnight launch. I'm getting day one edition with FIFA. I pre ordered on 29th August.

They will hold it until Monday.

Looks like I wont be eating dinner for a while......

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Does anyone know who Gamestop deliver with? Might head to their depot and pick it up if it's not too far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I preorderd with Gamestop on the 26th of June, after seeing on here what they posted yesterday about their deliveries being staggered I gave them a call yesterday. I'm getting it launch day, and they're doing a midnight launch that's Gamestop, Balnchardstown shopping center.

I'm at work fairly early on the Friday, think I'll go to the midnight launch, get home download the update, maybe spend a few minutes messing around with the UI and then go to bed leaving it downloading Fifa so it'll be ready to play when I get home.

Edit: What's with the red thumbs down, I didn't do that :(

Advertisement