Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nolimits wrote: »
    I preorderd with Gamestop on the 26th of June, after seeing on here what they posted yesterday about their deliveries being staggered I gave them a call yesterday. I'm getting it launch day, and they're doing a midnight launch that's Gamestop, Balnchardstown shopping center.

I'm at work fairly early on the Friday, think I'll go to the midnight launch, get home download the update, maybe spend a few minutes messing around with the UI and then go to bed leaving it downloading Fifa so it'll be ready to play when I get home.

Edit: What's with the red thumbs down, I didn't do that :(

Yeah that will be a long few minutes I bet, next thing you'll look at the clock ant it will say 7am :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah that will be a long few minutes I bet, next thing you'll look at the clock ant it will say 7am :pac:

And I'm in work in an hour :eek:

I have a fast internet connection, but I've promised myself I won't start downloading FIFA until I'm going to bed, I don't want to be looking at it thinking I can get in just one match before I go to sleep.

Also I'm hoping there won't be too much to do with the UI, and I won't feel like I want to spend an hour or so on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Edit: Sorry, double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

getting mine in symths blanchardstown, they called earlier to confirm it will be ready from midnight thursday and will come with fifa. friday evening will be good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just on to smyths carrickmines - guy on the phone wasn't sure about a midnight launch for either console. DAMN THEM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

My Amazon order is showing
    DISPATCH ESTIMATE Thursday 21 Nov 2013
    DELIVERY ESTIMATE Tuesday 26 Nov 2013 - Wednesday 27 Nov 2013

I ordered June 10th. Was tempted to change delivery for something faster earlier today but then realised I'd have to do the same for each separate game order I have,no point having the console a coup!e of days without games.

Last few times I ordered expensive ele tronics from Amazon and selected free shipping they bumped it to next day via UPS - am guessing for security/tracking.

just posted this on another thread but amazon are posting out today

phpf2xp2y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ciaran75 wrote: »
    getting mine in symths blanchardstown, they called earlier to confirm it will be ready from midnight thursday and will come with fifa. friday evening will be good enough for me.

Nothing yet from Smyths fonthill for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just been on to Gamestop in Crescent shopping centre in Limerick. They are having a midnight launch so will open 10pm on Thursday night and start giving out consoles at midnight until 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Went into my local xtravision they don't know if there doing a midnight launch yet.i inquired about my standard Xbox one she the said you have the Forza Xbox one does that mean I'm getting Forza free with my Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

gamestop blackpool cork are opening at 11.30, the manager forgot to ring me with my invite, cheers pal

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know who Gamestop deliver with? Might head to their depot and pick it up if it's not too far.

I think Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

gamestop bray have "reserve yours now" stickers over their xbox one window today , might not be sold out , dont think it was up yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

The William St Branch in Limerick keep saying you'll get a text for the midnight launch. My fear is I wont get one as I never got one for GTA when I booked it. they better let me in thursday night lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone going to the Smyths midnight launch in Waterford and want to swap Forza for FIFA?

(I have FIFA, want Forza)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Seems everybody here wants Forza instead of Fifa.

Anybody got an update from the MS Store yet, mine is still showing as charged on the commerce site, but In Process on the MS Store.

liamog wrote: »
    Seems everybody here wants Forza instead of Fifa.

Was never into FIFA myself! But enquired in Smyths about it yesterday and they told me a few people were interested in FIFA who have the Forza bundle so if no one on here wants to swap, might get someone willing to do so on the night :p

Got a text after posting this, that my console will be ready for collection at midnight. Hopefully, if its a forza one, someone there will want to swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

mcgovern wrote: »
    Got a text after posting this, that my console will be ready for collection at midnight. Hopefully, if its a forza one, someone there will want to swap!

Ill happily give you my FIFa for your Forza if thats what you want?

Ill happily give you my FIFa for your Forza if thats what you want?

I want FIFA alright, but the guy in Smyths didn't know what console I was down for, so I won't know if I need to swap until I get it. I'll let you know if I do though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Anyone know where I can trade in my copy of FIFA 14 on the 360 for a copy of a different game on the Xbox One?

Gamestop are doing a deal where it`s €14.99 to trade for a copy of the same game...

Anyone know where I can trade in my copy of FIFA 14 on the 360 for a copy of a different game on the Xbox One?

Gamestop are doing a deal where it`s €14.99 to trade for a copy of the same game...

You could always trade it in for store credit?

DaLad wrote: »
    You could always trade it in for store credit?

yeah I was planning on doing that before I saw the offer on gamestop, I`ll check what I can get for it on friday so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

liamog wrote: »
    Anybody got an update from the MS Store yet, mine is still showing as charged on the commerce site, but In Process on the MS Store.

No update here either, still in process on the store and my card has been charged. Should be shipped tomorrow I'd say, unless they are planning on sending them on Thursday by overnight delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

yeah I was planning on doing that before I saw the offer on gamestop, I`ll check what I can get for it on friday so

You will need a receipt from gamestop showing you bought the 360 version there.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    You will need a receipt from gamestop showing you bought the 360 version there.

Thanks for that - it doesn`t specify that on their website, I bought FIFA 14 in smyths:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Well, money is gone from my Paypal account for xbox 1 and games/extra controller I ordered and got a shipment notice that Ryse has been posted... getting close...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon would want to start shipping tomorrow to get it here for the estimated delivery date they gave me, Friday 22nd. I went for the 2 day express option as I didn't have a PM account at the time. I don't think I'll get it till Monday or Tuesday though. Don't know why they won't ship early for over seas customers yet the likes of Gamestop here do ship early and they are in country.:confused:

Amazon would want to start shipping tomorrow to get it here for the estimated delivery date they gave me, Friday 22nd. I went for the 2 day express option as I didn't have a PM account at the time. I don't think I'll get it till Monday or Tuesday though. Don't know why they won't ship early for over seas customers yet the likes of Gamestop here do ship early and they are in country.:confused:

I think they will start shipping to Ireland tomorrow, I was shopping around on there just now and saw this when viewing a 4tb internal hard drive:

Want it delivered to Ireland by Friday, 22 November? Order within 19 hrs 52 mins and choose Two-Day Delivery at checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

2.........:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement