Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Thanks for that - it doesn`t specify that on their website, I bought FIFA 14 in smyths:-(
    they will take fifa with no receipt, its on their twitter feed

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

they will take fifa with no receipt, its on their twitter feed

Link? It is worth a try without a receipt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Maestro84 wrote: »

Yes it's on their Twitter feed several times. No receipt needed for fifa 14 Only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Will it be worth setting up a thread for those like me who want to trade their free Fifa for Forza and vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Will it be worth setting up a thread for those like me who want to trade their free Fifa for Forza and vice versa?

We are allowed to do so in the game swap thread. I can imagine more people are looking to get Forza than the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

I think they will start shipping to Ireland tomorrow, I was shopping around on there just now and saw this when viewing a 4tb internal hard drive:

Want it delivered to Ireland by Friday, 22 November? Order within 19 hrs 52 mins and choose Two-Day Delivery at checkout.
    Thor wrote: »
    We are allowed to do so in the game swap thread. I can imagine more people are looking to get Forza than the other way around.
    I would but kinda gamme doing that since there code and if someone gives you the wrong code on purpose you end up given up your free game main reason I wouldn't do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Just pre-ordered on Gamestop today.

Heard those that pre-order this week will be getting theirs around the 5th of december, anyone hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Won't be getting mine until the 27th or 28th. Don't really mind because I want to play through TLOU again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Heard those that pre-order this week will be getting theirs around the 5th of december, anyone hear this?

Yea that sounds about right it said something like that on there FB page.

rob808 wrote: »
    Yea that sounds about right it said something like that on there FB page.

Brilliant! Cheers man.

• Advertisement

Looks like 12th December for your order

All customers who pre-ordered an XBOX ONE console in any GameStop store before August 27th 2013 will receive their console on launch.

All store Managers have been instructed to call each individual customer who pre-ordered a console in their store before this date to invite them to our Mid-night launch to collect their console. If you have NOT been contacted but did pre-order you X1 before 27th of August please bear with us while we endeavour to contact you. Please feel free to contact the store that your pre-booked your console in to confirm that you can collect for launch as ALL store managers will be working in store for the rest of this week and can answer any questions you have". All stores will open from 8am to 9pm on Friday 22nd of November to allow extra time for customers to collect their consoles.

We will receive a 2nd delivery of XBOX ONE console for next weekend and these will be allocated to customers who pre-booked up until the 20th of September 2013. Again Store Managers will call customers to confirm this but feel free to call the store you pre-booked your console in to confirm your collection date.
    Everyone that has pre-booked up until the 21st of Oct 2013 will receive their console by December 5th and all other customers who pre-booked from the 22nd of Oct onwards will receive their consoles on the 12th of December.

irishchris wrote: »

All customers who pre-ordered an XBOX ONE console in any GameStop store before August 27th 2013 will receive their console on launch.

All store Managers have been instructed to call each individual customer who pre-ordered a console in their store before this date to invite them to our Mid-night launch to collect their console. If you have NOT been contacted but did pre-order you X1 before 27th of August please bear with us while we endeavour to contact you. Please feel free to contact the store that your pre-booked your console in to confirm that you can collect for launch as ALL store managers will be working in store for the rest of this week and can answer any questions you have". All stores will open from 8am to 9pm on Friday 22nd of November to allow extra time for customers to collect their consoles.

We will receive a 2nd delivery of XBOX ONE console for next weekend and these will be allocated to customers who pre-booked up until the 20th of September 2013. Again Store Managers will call customers to confirm this but feel free to call the store you pre-booked your console in to confirm your collection date.
    Everyone that has pre-booked up until the 21st of Oct 2013 will receive their console by December 5th and all other customers who pre-booked from the 22nd of Oct onwards will receive their consoles on the 12th of December.

Cheers. My own fault for not pre-ordering i'll just have to wait it out.

Any word on Xbox One bundles in gamestop? Not day One bundles but for all non day one orders

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

I went looking...

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/399815421572173824

Nice one.

irishchris wrote: »

I pre ordered mine the 30th of August with my friend ordering it a minute later. I got the call and the Gamestop worker said I was the last name on the list. I assumed my friend must have got the call before me but no he's not getting the Day One edition. I am blessed haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I pre ordered mine the 30th of August with my friend ordering it a minute later. I got the call and the Gamestop worker said I was the last name on the list. I assumed my friend must have got the call before me but no he's not getting the Day One edition. I am blessed haha.

Tell your friend to keep his phone on, surely someone will cancel their pre-order as they either sourced one elsewhere or are decided not to get it, meaning he moves up the list.

At least that should be the case if he was right after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Thanks for that - it doesn`t specify that on their website, I bought FIFA 14 in smyths:-(

For FIFA you DONT need a reciept.

It's the only title that's upgradable with out the reciept.

Thor wrote: »
    Tell your friend to keep his phone on, surely someone will cancel their pre-order as they either sourced one elsewhere or are decided not to get it, meaning he moves up the list.

At least that should be the case if he was right after you.
    Literally 30 seconds after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Amazon.com sent me this. Maybe an indication for UK...
    Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who signed up to be notified of Xbox One console availability might like to know that we will have units of the Xbox One available for pre-order on Wednesday, November 20.

Quantities are limited so you will need to pre-order while supplies last, starting at 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

did anyone get an invute to the Gamestop midnight launch by text yet? Williams Street Limerick at that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does the console need to be paid off in full before collecting or can it be done when up there? I only ask as I heard somewhere before that that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does the console need to be paid off in full before collecting or can it be done when up there? I only ask as I heard somewhere before that that was the case.

You can pay the rest off when you're picking it up, I only have €20 payed off both the xbox and the ps4 and I plan on fully paying the both of them off tomorrow **(should probably of said I'll be paying them off early in the evening before they close and not at the midnight launch)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think they said payment by cards only on the day, no cash

I'm remembering that from a post on here, could be wrong

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has anyone managed to pre-order a controller from Gamestop?

Want a second one so my brother can play with me, but everytime I've gone in to Gamestop, they tell me it isn't on their systems. Going to try again today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Want a second one so my brother can play with me, but everytime I've gone in to Gamestop, they tell me it isn't on their systems. Going to try again today...
    Yeah, I did it last week. There were no problems, there was even a game box on the shelf with a controller advertising the preorder on it that I could have brought to the counter if I'd wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

It's definitely on the system.

Standard controller €59.99 (i think that's the price)

And

Controller & play and charge kit (€74.99)

And a separate play and charge kit is €24.99

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nolimits wrote: »
    Yeah, I did it last week. There were no problems, there was even a game box on the shelf with a controller advertising the preorder on it that I could have brought to the counter if I'd wanted to.

Hmm, Drogheda shop has been saying it's not on their systems, but it's been 2 weeks since I asked. Will go in and ask again...

If anyone gets a dispatch email from gamestop let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ordered a second controller myself weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I believe smyths are doing some bundles. Console + game for 550/560 ? or console+game+controller. Anyone got anymore info ?

Advertisement