Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Wambo

Naas Tesco are getting only 10 xboxes but they aren't likely to stay open til midnight tomorrow for such a small amount. They'll confirm either way tomorrow what they're doing
    Nass tesco told me they were all booked out of xbox ones. Same for harvy norman. all they say is they'll be getting more stocks in week by week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

dor83 wrote: »
    Nothing from MS yet either, it still says in process and when I check my card the transaction has not shown up yet but the credit has been taken, my limit has been reduced by the amount that MS are taking. Hopefully we get an email today but I have a feeling they are going to ship them tomorrow and overnight them.

Seem to be conflicting stories from people regarding MS direct orders.
    Support chat enquiries range from 'definite delivery for Friday' to 'they're not sure if all orders will get out by tomorrow so it may not dispatch till Friday' etc etc.
    Yesterday, some people were being informed that dispatch emails/charges would start going out 'Wednesday or Thurs at the very, very latest'. Certainly they don't appear to have a handle on maintaining their order history pages, so you'd hope they're on their game behind the scenes.
    Having dealt with MS Store before, I'd find them average at the best of times re: orders, so it'll be interesting to see them handle mass product deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Order online? I just ordered Ghosts, BF4, DR3 and Forza 5 collectors and got free express shipping from Gamestop. I'm guessing/hoping they'll arrive on Friday.

If it doesnt arrive by friday then itll be monday and ill be gutted :o

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

D_turbo wrote: »
    If it doesnt arrive by friday then itll be monday and ill be gutted :o

Then for me it's either dash to the shops and pick them up (if any or available), download or just play FIFA. I really want the collector cars though. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Then for me it's either dash to the shops and pick them up (if any or available), download or just play FIFA. I really want the collector cars though. :mad:

Yeah Last resort Ill buy a code off some one, But Like yourself Id like the collectors pack...have Had them all since Forza 1, keep the tradition going

I just presumed with the size of the town theyd have loads in, Not 8...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Wambo wrote: »
    Nass tesco told me they were all booked out of xbox ones. Same for harvy norman. all they say is they'll be getting more stocks in week by week.

Nah it's first come first serve (providing the staff don't bagsy them first). The shop opens 6am Friday so imagine there'll be a queue and a dash to the back of the shop. But if that's what your thinking of doing call them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

McDermotX wrote: »
    Seem to be conflicting stories from people regarding MS direct orders.
    Support chat enquiries range from 'definite delivery for Friday' to 'they're not sure if all orders will get out by tomorrow so it may not dispatch till Friday' etc etc.
    Yesterday, some people were being informed that dispatch emails/charges would start going out 'Wednesday or Thurs at the very, very latest'. Certainly they don't appear to have a handle on maintaining their order history pages, so you'd hope they're on their game behind the scenes.
    Having dealt with MS Store before, I'd find them average at the best of times re: orders, so it'll be interesting to see them handle mass product deliveries.
    They guaranteed me several times that I would receive it on launch day, during the phone call I made to change address I was told at least 5 times that it would be delivered on the 22nd. I might ring them again just to make sure, I bet they are being inundated with calls about it so could be on for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

24 hours time ill be geared up for the console launch.... YEOWWWW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Just got a call from Smyths in Drogheda they are opening for midnight launch and gave me the choice of fifa or forza. Picked forza will change the Fifa in Gamestop. Will have a very happy boy on Xmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PinkFly wrote: »
    Just got a call from Smyths in Drogheda they are opening for midnight launch and gave me the choice of fifa or forza. Picked forza will change the Fifa in Gamestop. Will have a very happy boy on Xmas morning.

Wtf, how come other Smyths stores are giving people the option but the Waterford store aren't :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

OK I rang MS and they basically told me it will be shipped tomorrow or Friday morning and it will arrive by the end of the day Friday. I'm not hugely confident that it will arrive Friday if they only ship it that morning but I'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

some good news lads for anyone doing a walk in
    argos will have consoles for in for friday launch day

although their will only be about 10-15 consoles at most for every store so make sure your their very early other wise you will be disappointed

then they will have scattered deliveries over the course of December one date is the 9th of December

still unknown if they will be day one editions or not
    their will also be bundles available (but they are far overpriced and not worth it in my opinion, cheaper to buy separate)

Nah it's first come first serve (providing the staff don't bagsy them first). The shop opens 6am Friday so imagine there'll be a queue and a dash to the back of the shop. But if that's what your thinking of doing call them tomorrow
    I hope its true. cause tesco in tallaght were giving me another story saying they were all booked out. be a trip and a half going to nass though hope i can pick one up.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    some good news lads for anyone doing a walk in
    argos will have consoles for in for friday launch day

although their will only be about 10-15 consoles at most for every store so make sure your their very early other wise you will be disappointed

then they will have scattered deliveries over the course of December one date is the 9th of December

still unknown if they will be day one editions or not
    their will also be bundles available (but they are far overpriced and not worth it in my opinion, cheaper to buy separate)
    where did you hear that from? argos told me the only way to get one would be by pre ordering it through their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

where did you hear that from? argos told me the only way to get one would be by pre ordering it through their site.

He works there.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

How long usually? It's been 4 hours and still nothing. Is CE00000000IE (numbers where the 0s are) a normal type tracking code?
    Should show up some time this evening.

Interestingly the tracking codes I got for 2 games and an extra controller all work (got Ryse today), but the code for the console itself is not showing anything... but it is the more expensive item.

Ronan wrote: »
    Interestingly the tracking codes I got for 2 games and an extra controller all work (got Ryse today), but the code for the console itself is not showing anything... but it is the more expensive item.

Exact same with me. My tracking number is showing up for the controller I ordered but nothing as of yet for the Xbox.

Ill let you know if anything shows up on an post for the xbox tonight.

Xenji wrote: »
    He works there.

what argos does he work at? i wouldnt mind using argos. it'd be better than going to naas to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Smyths carrickmines confirmed for midnight launch :D I presume there's no need to que early? Il prob only leave the house 11.45

what argos does he work at? i wouldnt mind using argos. it'd be better than going to naas to get one.

I work in Jervis but also do cross checks and sometimes work in the Illac
    go where you think your most likely going to get one whether it be tesco , argos etc... as their will be very few units available to the public after the staff have their first pick at getting one on the day yano :/

They say pre order but they actually mean reserve, you can't pre order off an argos website, unless they some how add the function to do for the consoles
    can't see why they would
    its really who is their first on the day
    I'll be their first thing in the morning to get my own console anyway
    then I'll be throwing the rest of what ever is left after employees book theirs down to the public:pac: its unfair but thats the really only perk of the job that we can get first dibs on anything

I remember one girl from the illac saying she needs 4 ps4's on the launch day
    when their will be only 10-15 available
    after every employee gets theirs their would be none left
    so simple fact is she won't be getting 4 of them but she has the choice of getting 1 first

• Advertisement

Ronan wrote: »

Its showing up now mate. In a sorting office in Dublin :D:D:D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I work in Jervis but also do cross checks and sometimes work in the Illac
    go where you think your most likely going to get one whether it be tesco , argos etc... as their will be very few units available to the public after the staff have their first pick at getting one on the day yano :/

They say pre order but they actually mean reserve, you can't pre order off an argos website, unless they some how add the function to do for the consoles
    can't see why they would
    its really who is their first on the day
    I'll be their first thing in the morning to get my own console anyway
    then I'll be throwing the rest of what ever is left after employees book theirs down to the public:pac: its unfair but thats the really only perk of the job that we can get first dibs on anything

I remember one girl from the illac saying she needs 4 ps4's on the launch day
    when their will be only 10-15 available
    after every employee gets theirs their would be none left
    so simple fact is she won't be getting 4 of them but she has the choice of getting 1 first
    Ah I see, do you know what time ill be able to reserve one through the argos site? also will tallaght argos be doing this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Shopto eventually processing my order

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Its showing up now mate. In a sorting office in Dublin :D:D:D

same here :) Looking good for tomorrow. Herself is under instructions not to leave the house tomorrow!

Ah I see, do you know what time ill be able to reserve one through the argos site? also will tallaght argos be doing this too?

To be honest I have not got a clue
    check tomorrow and tomorrow night if it does not show up then go into the store very early
    but like I said theirs very few units available for each store and most likely the first batch of each console the ps4 and the one will be sold out before the shop opens due to staff wanting them
    but who knows
    I don't think it will be updated on the site until the second batch myself
    but see I work on a different system, so I can reserve for myself on the store system but the argos website works on a different system so I can't reserve on that
    its how staff can insure they have theirs first
    which is unfair but its a perk of the job
    best of luck getting one though mate

2nd delievery will be on the 9th december and if you miss out, you will surely get one then :)before xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Good to know, thanks 2mad

I'm hoping the site gets updated, If not I live right beside an Argos extra so hopefully I might be able to snag myself one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

blink44 wrote: »
    Smyths carrickmines confirmed for midnight launch :D I presume there's no need to que early? Il prob only leave the house 11.45

See you there! I'll be the fella trying to get my Xbox one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

To midnight launch or to not midnight launch...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    To midnight launch or to not midnight launch...

I want to play it on Friday, not wait hours for downloads, so I'll get mine at midnight and set it up for the downloads, then head to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Shopto eventually processing my order

Just got an email from them myself. Nice to see some movement on it. I already paid manually last week, but looking forward to seeing a tracking number tomorrow.

Did you order with Global Express or Global Enconmy?

Advertisement