Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Thor wrote: »
    Just got an email from them myself. Nice to see some movement on it. I already paid manually last week, but looking forward to seeing a tracking number tomorrow.

Did you order with Global Express or Global Enconmy?

paid manually weeks ago aswell. think im economy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Well lads if you ever want anything for launch day except GTAV do not use Amazon. Useless shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I want to play it on Friday, not wait hours for downloads, so I'll get mine at midnight and set it up for the downloads, then head to bed.

Just be careful the xbox doesn't turn itself off due to inactivity. My 360 turns itself off after about an hour if I'm not playing it.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Just be careful the xbox doesn't turn itself off due to inactivity. My 360 turns itself off after about an hour if I'm not playing it.

You can change that in the power saving options. I think the X1 will complete downloads in a low power state mode like the PS4 can though. Downloading something is considered activity though so it should not power down doing just that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

You can switch that feature off if you like ;) think it's called Auto-Off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

You can change that in the power saving options. I think the X1 will complete downloads in a low power state mode like the PS4 can though. Downloading something is considered activity though so it should not power down doing just that alone.
    360 does that already, if you turn it off it will continue downloading unless you sign out first or plug it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Even better, the Xbox One will continue downloading in stand by so your still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The 360 allowed downloads to complete after turning it off so I'm sure it will be the One too. Very handy feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Kevvv wrote: »
    You can switch that feature off if you like ;) think it's called Auto-Off

Yeah you can set it to 1 hour, 6 hour or disabled.
    You can also turn on background downloads that will continue to download updates/games you've initiated, even after you turn off your console. The green light in the centre blinks slowly every few seconds (on 360)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Xbox One's will always be turned on by default in a power saving mode. They will download / auto-patch / sync cloud saves in the mode, and are smart enough to do it while you sleep

MS recommend you use this mode instead of a full power down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I want to play it on Friday, not wait hours for downloads, so I'll get mine at midnight and set it up for the downloads, then head to bed.

Exactly what I'm doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Exactly what I'm doing!

Same here. And i am off work from 6pm Friday until 9am Tuesday :)

To those trusting late night downloads on a launch night, I would be very wary of Xbox Live going down under the strain due to the high volume of people on at one time. If you get disconnected during the night, nothing will be downloaded when you wake up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Xbox live will be even busier Friday morning as all the yanks will be downloading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tinodz wrote: »
    To those trusting late night downloads on a launch night, I would be very wary of Xbox Live going down under the strain due to the high volume of people on at one time. If you get disconnected during the night, nothing will be downloaded when you wake up :P

What's the alternative? Wait til Friday and definitely have no downloads done?

I have full faith in the Xbox Live service being able to handle the strain :D

What's the alternative? Wait til Friday and definitely have no downloads done?

The only alternative is to install of a disc. You can buy the game online, then install of a disc instead of doing a download - although this option is only valid if you have a friend that bought the Disc version - and can lend it to you for 20 minutes.

In, the last few years anything gaming related with a online component always had a shaky launch - Diablo III. Sim City, Battlefield 4 (PC), and PS4 US launch. I think the first 24 hours of Xbox One will be messy. I'd be happy if I was able to get online to get the Day One patch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

tinodz wrote: »
    The only alternative is to install of a disc. You can buy the game online, then install of a disc instead of doing a download - although this option is only valid if you have a friend that bought the Disc version - and can lend it to you for 20 minutes.

In, the last few years anything gaming related with a online component always had a shaky launch - Diablo III. Sim City, Battlefield 4 (PC), and PS4 US launch. I think the first 24 hours of Xbox One will be messy. I'd be happy if I was able to get online to get the Day One patch

Pretty sure you can just download the update and throw it in with USB. At least that should be the case. It's a pity that the Xbox One is useless until you get the update.

Here you go guys, download the Day One update now and have it ready on a USB stick for when you get your Xbox be it tomorrow night or Friday :D

Xbox One Day One Patch via USB

YouTube app is now actually coming on day one (apart from Ireland which will be a few days later)

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/xbox-one-will-have-a-youtube-app-available-at-launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Paid €450 balance on mine in Gamestop Galway yest.

Day One FIFA bundle. Not all that happy it's a download code for FIFA and not a disc. My monthly cap is 50GB...

Asked the manager again about exact prices for games, but he said once again that they had not been told yet.

I pre-ordered a 2nd controller, Forza, AC4 and BF4. I never intended to buy all 3 games. I just wanted to cover myself in case a stinker was revealed among them after the review embargoes passed.

Anyone have confirmed Gamestop launch game prices?

Forza 5 is €60, AC4 and BF4 are €65.

Im collecting mine at Smyths, but the housemate has ordered from amazon, not dispatched yet,completely unlike them!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

24hrs that is....:D
    And No I won't count down the hours, but I will stroll into my local GameStop at 12:15am for my ONE and hopefully not face a long queue:rolleyes:

Forza 5 is €60, AC4 and BF4 are €65.

That's the Gamestop.ie price which is usually a fiver cheaper than the store price so expect it to be €65, €70/€70 in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

BF4 & AC4 are both €64

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Im collecting mine at Smyths, but the housemate has ordered from amazon, not dispatched yet,completely unlike them!

Just as i said it ==> Order updated "Preparing for Dispatch"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DaLad wrote: »
    YouTube app is now actually coming on day one (apart from Ireland which will be a few days later)

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/xbox-one-will-have-a-youtube-app-available-at-launch
    If you open the Xbox One Smartglass app you can pin the Youtube app to your pins section. You have to search for the app in the search bar. Its a long shot if it syncs with the Xbox One but we'll see. Maybe it will sync the app but the app wont open.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Paid €450 balance on mine in Gamestop Galway yest.

Day One FIFA bundle. Not all that happy it's a download code for FIFA and not a disc. My monthly cap is 50GB...

Asked the manager again about exact prices for games, but he said once again that they had not been told yet.

I pre-ordered a 2nd controller, Forza, AC4 and BF4. I never intended to buy all 3 games. I just wanted to cover myself in case a stinker was revealed among them after the review embargoes passed.

Anyone have confirmed Gamestop launch game prices?

FIFA is only 8gb which isn't to bad. Forza on the other hand!!! Now that'll be quiet the download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Shipment mails from MS out and about this morning with UPS tracking numbers.

Advertisement