Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just got a text from Smyth's:
    Your Xbox One will be available for collection from midnight tonight until 7pm Mon 25th Nov. Please present this text and deposit receipt when collecting.

If I went tomorrow morning instead, is there a chance I could miss out on any free stuff or bundles etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

shuffles03 wrote: »

If I went tomorrow morning instead, is there a chance I could miss out on any free stuff or bundles etc?

All depends there could be limit stock of games if you have not pre ordered any

All depends there could be limit stock of games if you have not pre ordered any

Preordered Ryse...I think. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Preordered Ryse...I think. :confused:

Look at the reviews first in the main thread, mainly 5/10's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

"free stuff", do people reckon there might be free stuff :D

• Advertisement

T-shirts or something. Doubt it though but was just wondering :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone got a console yet?

srumball wrote: »
    Anyone got a console yet?

A few have got it from Gamestop Online in the main thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anybody with one or two day delivery to Ireland with an estimated release date of 22nd/23rd have their Amazon order dispatched yet?

Having to wait until Monday would be a major kick in the balls, as I don't think they'll deliver on Saturdays unless you've Parcel Moteled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

v3ttel wrote: »
    Anybody with one or two day delivery to Ireland with an estimated release date of 22nd/23rd have their Amazon order dispatched yet?

Having to wait until Monday would be a major kick in the balls, as I don't think they'll deliver on Saturdays unless you've Parcel Moteled it?
    Nope - Still waiting on the housemates to be dispatched, Parcel Motel might save him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

Paying off my console for tonight and a woman comes in asking can she get one tonight. The manager took five minutes explaining to her that they have been booked out since the start of October to which she incessantly replied ''I will pay cash!''. As opposed to the peanut currency the rest of us use! Neck like a jockeys bollocks this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Okay so here are some things:

Controller can be powered with any micro USB cable, even without the batteries.
    Not really feeling the One's bumpers, there isn't enough feedback from them IMO. Still prefer the 360 controller (I have a wired one) overall. Tried to plug the 360 wired controller in just to see what happens, just the lights flicked and then turned off.

Still wish there was a downloads section with a percentage meter and a place to find what you have downloaded/what's queued for organisation, can't find it anywhere.

Found the settings through the Pause button on the dashboard. TV I was playing on was only 720p, and there were no other resolution/aspect ratio settings.

FIFA 14 was ready to play after about 25%, can only play the demo (exhibition with about 8 teams) though.
    Sorry just 1 more question.

Do voice commands work over here?

Nope, not as far as I can tell. They worked on FIFA for substituting players and stuff, but when I turned it off (in idle mode) and tried the "Xbox On" command, nothing happened. I also tried the "Xbox, snap Internet Explorer" and nothing happened. I chose the Ireland option during setup, so maybe it's worthwhile changing it to the UK if you're interested in the voice commands, although snapping is very easy even without the voice commands.

Any commands you want me to try? Saying "Xbox..." didn't even give me the prompt up in the right hand corner that it's listening, so I don't know what's up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Okay so here are some things:

Controller can be powered with any micro USB cable, even without the batteries.
    Not really feeling the One's bumpers, there isn't enough feedback from them IMO. Still prefer the 360 controller (I have a wired one) overall. Tried to plug the 360 wired controller in just to see what happens, just the lights flicked and then turned off.

Still wish there was a downloads section with a percentage meter and a place to find what you have downloaded/what's queued for organisation, can't find it anywhere.

Found the settings through the Pause button on the dashboard. TV I was playing on was only 720p, and there were no other resolution/aspect ratio settings.

FIFA 14 was ready to play after about 25%, can only play the demo (exhibition with about 8 teams) though.

Nope, not as far as I can tell. They worked on FIFA for substituting players and stuff, but when I turned it off (in idle mode) and tried the "Xbox On" command, nothing happened. I also tried the "Xbox, snap Internet Explorer" and nothing happened. I chose the Ireland option during setup, so maybe it's worthwhile changing it to the UK if you're interested in the voice commands, although snapping is very easy even without the voice commands.

Any commands you want me to try? Saying "Xbox..." didn't even give me the prompt up in the right hand corner that it's listening, so I don't know what's up with that.

Wasn't aware you could substitute players using voice

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

v3ttel wrote: »

Just been onto a rep via Amazon Chat:

Hi There, I received confirmation this week that my order would arrive on Friday 22nd and I received a mail last night indicated it would arrive between the 23rd and 25th..... can you please confirm my delivery for tomorrow?
    Lee Robert:Hello, thank you for choosing Amazon Chat. My name is Robert, I'll be happy to help you today.
    I'm sorry to hear this. Please give me a minute while I check on it.
    Me:Thank you
    Lee Robert:Thanks for holding. You ordered the FIFA edition correct?
    Me:I did indeed
    Lee Robert:Yes, it should be delivered tomorrow on release day.
    Me:That is great news - I have the day booked off:-)
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Ryse 64.99
    Ghosts 69.99
    Just Dance 49.99
    Dead Rising 3 64.99
    Black Flag 69.99
    Battlefield 4 69.99
    Madden 69.99
    Need for Speed 69.99
    NBA 2K14 59.99
    NBA Live 14 69.99
    Zoo Tycoon 69.99
    Xbox Fitness FREE

Arcade games are 19.99, but Angry Birds is 34.99

All prices Euro.

The Lego game doesn't have a price for some reason. Also can't tell FIFA price as I already own it.

Any price for Forza Motorsport 5? Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I've got a brand new surge protector with enough extra sockets to fit XBO and all my other junk. Sanyo Eneloop batteries charged and ready to go, my tv all shined up and nice, and my girlfriend told to hit the bricks for a few days, and my chair set up all nice.

What am I missing? Grab a few snackypoos on the way to wait outside Gamestop, anything else?

JoePie wrote: »
    I've got a brand new surge protector with enough extra sockets to fit XBO and all my other junk. Sanyo Eneloop batteries charged and ready to go, my tv all shined up and nice, and my girlfriend told to hit the bricks for a few days, and my chair set up all nice.

What am I missing? Grab a few snackypoos on the way to wait outside Gamestop, anything else?

Ha thanks for reminding me to charge my batteries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

JoePie wrote: »

A few Chicagotown pizzas and some beers

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

DaLad wrote: »
    Any price for Forza Motorsport 5? Much appreciated.

Oops apologies, 64.99 for Forza. VIP pass is 19.99 and the Forza membership is 49.99 (includes 10 car packs).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

For anyone who ordered from Microsoft and got a shipment confirmation email today: is your UPS tracking number working yet?

I know they've promised free launch day delivery, but this part of the email is a bit concerning:
    Shipping Method and Delivery Time

Standard - FREE (7-10 business days)
    It's probably a standard copy and paste, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

TweekeewT wrote: »
    For anyone who ordered from Microsoft and got a shipment confirmation email today: is your UPS tracking number working yet?

I know they've promised free launch day delivery, but this part of the email is a bit concerning:

Mine is the same, I wonder if i can picked it up at UPS as i live near UPS.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Ditto for me, not active yet and hoping that the 7-10 day delivery is a cut&paste error.

If I recall, it was similar for my 360 coming back from RRoD repair. It was at home before the UPS search actually activated.

As for redirecting the UPS delivery to another location, or picking it up from UPS, they don't seem to like that:
    Microsoft Store does not permit a carrier to redirect a package to a new address after it has been shipped. This helps fight online fraud. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

At least you guys got the email, still nothing for me, I'm beginning to hate the words "In Process".

TweekeewT wrote: »

Nobody on Neogaf has had theirs dispatched either from the MS store and that is internationally as well, not just Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Hmm haven't received my text from smyths even though I was told in store yesterday that I'm down for tomorrow. If it doesn't arrive do you think they'd accept deposit receipt and passport to confirm who I am on their Preorder sheets?

Xenji wrote: »
    Nobody on Neogaf has had theirs dispatched either from the MS store and that is internationally as well, not just Ireland.
    It's crazy that they are leaving it this late, they should all be sent out by now. I chose MS store because I thought it would be a safe bet for getting it launch day and they have guaranteed me several times that it will arrive tomorrow, regret not having ordered from gamestop.ie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Amazon console is preparing for dispatch since last night, dead rising is down as pre ordered, play and charge kit was dispatched today and call of duty arrived yesterday.

EJ22 wrote: »
    Hmm haven't received my text from smyths even though I was told in store yesterday that I'm down for tomorrow. If it doesn't arrive do you think they'd accept deposit receipt and passport to confirm who I am on their Preorder sheets?

Still plenty of time left before tonight to receive a text. I'm also getting from Smyths, I was 11th person to pre-order in their Waterford store. I''m pretty certain you will be able to walk in as long as you have it pre-ordered. It's not invite only like Gamestop, just a mere reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

No change with shopto order. Will says porcessing. They are putting unbelievable focus on uk orders and have notcies on the site regarding tracking and everything, but only for uk orders.

Any one woth shopto order hear anything or see any change.

• Advertisement

Finally got my shipping confirmation from MS, hopefully it will arrive in the morning.

Advertisement