Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Picking up tonight from Gamestop Crescent Limerick!! Cant wait! I see alot of people are charging batteries you lot not getting the play and charge kit/controller bundles?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Picking up tonight also but in Cavan. Only 33 of them sold in Cavan too

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Wohoo, mine has arrived from GameStop, next couple of hours in work are sure going to drag...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Mine arrived this morning first thing - but I'm at work :/

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

9hrs, and counting...............:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone heading to any Tesco Extra's tomorrow for 6am?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

DaLad wrote: »
    Still plenty of time left before tonight to receive a text. I'm also getting from Smyths, I was 11th person to pre-order in their Waterford store. I''m pretty certain you will be able to walk in as long as you have it pre-ordered. It's not invite only like Gamestop, just a mere reminder.

Grand so, not picking it up until the morning anyways as no one to come with me and I don't fancy walking from Jervis with the console at midnight :D Thanks for the reply though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Stab*City wrote: »
    Picking up tonight from Gamestop Crescent Limerick!! Cant wait! I see alot of people are charging batteries you lot not getting the play and charge kit/controller bundles?

The play and charge kits get nowhere near the same length as actual rechargeable batteries from the likes of Duracell and Energizer.

A charger and 4 AA batteries can be got for around €15 so they are cheaper as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

Davexirl wrote: »

Doesn't a third-party stock the shelves for video games in Tesco Extras? I doubt somehow that those guys are going to arrive in at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are only getting 15 consoles in each of the Extra Stores so count how many people are ahead of you when you get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Tempted... will probably go to Clarehall. I picked up a PS3 on launch from Tesco Dundrum but they aren't an "Extra" store

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bundles for Smyths are:

It says for people who are getting the Xbox One FIFA or Forza Pack, add the following extras for the deal price:

Any 1 game
    Deal price: €549.99

Any 1 game & Extra Controller
    Deal price: €594.99

Any 2 games: €609.99

Not sure what the story is for people who are getting a regular edition. The above is just what was on a sheet a Smyths employee gave me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bundles for Smyths are:

It says for people who are getting the Xbox One FIFA or Forza Pack, add the following extras for the deal price:

Any 1 game

Not sure what the story is for people who are getting a regular edition. The above is just what was on a sheet a Smyths employee gave me today.

Got treated very well by Smyths over the years and just this time I decided to go with Gamestop for a console, that'll teach me.

Their prices might have crept up with the rest of the market since the €45 days but at least they're not as bad as the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine has been dispatched by amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have to sneak out at midnight and get it :)
    good job you mentioned batteries...must charge mine now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dispatch email for games and console from amazon just now. Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    Did anybody get their DPD tracking data for their SimplyGames.com order?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Dpd generally collect the items in the evenings and then the retailer will provide the tracking number. Some retailers get the tracking number first and then forward it to the consumer, but it won't work until the item is scanned at its first depot.

I just a dispatch email from shopto, but again they are very fcoused on the UK orders and mine says it's being shipped with DPD (template email to be honest) but they ship internationally with TNT.

Not tracking info there, at least nothing that works as they list the reference number as the tracking info.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

For anyone noticing that the UPS numbers from MS not working..... chances are the numbers are just the generated shipping from MS on UPS' system i.e. they've not being picked up yet and scanned.
    I guess the chances of getting it tomorrow depends on where they ship from......If in Ireland by early hours (or originate from here), I'd say it'll be on, at least in urban areas. But Friday is always a rush and any kind of delay would rule it out.......wait and see where they're picked up later on I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

FIFA is only 8gb which isn't to bad. Forza on the other hand!!! Now that'll be quiet the download

Angry Birds: Star Wars - 1.81GB
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag – 20.25GB
    Battlefield 4 – 34.3GB
    Call of Duty: Ghosts – 39.5GB
    Crimson Dragon - 6.88GB
    Dead Rising 3 – 19.9GB
    FIFA 14 – 8.7GB
    Fighter Within – 9.22GB
    Forza Motorsport 5 – 31.76GB
    Just Dance 2014 – 22.79GB
    Killer Instinct – 3.25GB
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 6.38GB
    LocoCyle – 13.17GB
    Madden NFL 25 – 12.51GB
    NBA 2K14 – 43.6GB
    NBA Live 14 – 9.13GB
    Need For Speed: Rivals - 15.35GB
    Powerstar Golf – 3.92GB
    Ryse: Son of Rome – 34.94GB
    Skylanders: Swap Force – 15.72GB
    Xbox Fitness – 252.13MB
    Zoo Tycoon – 2.62GB
    Zumba World Party – 24GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

1 gig on a 1 megabit connection takes 150 mins
    so
    2 gig on 1 megabit = 150 * 2 =300 mins
    1 gig on 3 megabit = 150/3 = 50 mins

So for me forza would be
    32gig on 4 megabit = 150*(32/4) = 1200mins (20 hrs)

However....

The net will be well slow this weekend I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ch750536 wrote: »
    NBA 2K14 – 43.6GB
    NBA Live 14 – 9.13GB

This is interesting. Pretty much similar games with crazy different sizes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This is interesting. Pretty much similar games with crazy different sizes!!

They really aren't.. NBA Live is terrible compared to NBA 2K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Xenji wrote: »
    They are only getting 15 consoles in each of the Extra Stores so count how many people are ahead of you when you get there.

Good thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

ch750536 wrote: »
    1 gig on a 1 megabit connection takes 150 mins
    so
    2 gig on 1 megabit = 150 * 2 =300 mins
    1 gig on 3 megabit = 150/3 = 50 mins

So for me forza would be
    32gig on 4 megabit = 150*(32/4) = 1200mins (20 hrs)

However....

The net will be well slow this weekend I reckon.

should take me just over the hr to download FIFA14 so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

maximoose wrote: »
    Dispatch email for games and console from amazon just now. Sweet :)

Did you get a tracking number so you can see where it is? Do you think you will get it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Bundles for Smyths are:

Any 1 game

Awesome. I'm going to pick up Forza 5 and BF4 I think. Going to sell the FIFA code on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

My wife who is 7 months pregnant is coming to the midnight launch with me...i've yet to figure out her angle and why she is going!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dricko_lim wrote: »
    My wife who is 7 months pregnant is coming to the midnight launch with me...i've yet to figure out her angle and why she is going!:D

She wants to get in on the buzz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Console and madden on the way from amazon but controller with play and charge kit hasnot any1 else with this problem ordered it the same day as madden

Advertisement