Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've never been to a midnight launch, do they usually wait until midnight to start selling (Smyths), or might they just start selling at 11pm? Especially since loads have them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mcgovern wrote: »
    I've never been to a midnight launch, do they usually wait until midnight to start selling (Smyths), or might they just start selling at 11pm? Especially since loads have them already.

They have to wait till midnight to start selling the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xenji wrote: »
    They have to wait till midnight to start selling the console.

Yup, MASSIVE fines on retailers for selling them early. I remember my cousin who worked for Xtravision telling me even if they sold one copy of CoD or something early they could be fined likr €50,000 or something ridiculous so they're not going to take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gotthebug wrote: »
    Console and madden on the way from amazon but controller with play and charge kit hasnot any1 else with this problem ordered it the same day as madden

Same here, my console says dispatching soon but the extra controller with p&c kit is sold out now with no delivery estimate.

Can't believe Amazon left it so late to ship though, they should have sent it yesterday afternoon. Gamestop shipped their pre orders yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Tesco have only about 10 per store but are only selling them (first come first served) at 8:00am in the morning. Even at the stores that are 24 hours they are waiting until 8am :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

DaLad wrote: »
    Yup, MASSIVE fines on retailers for selling them early. I remember my cousin who worked for Xtravision telling me even if they sold one copy of CoD or something early they could be fined likr €50,000 or something ridiculous so they're not going to take the chance.

This never happens.

They threaten to ban you from stocking their game the following year.

I don't think there has ever been a case where a video game shop that has broken street dates has been fined, let alone anywhere near 50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Did you get a tracking number so you can see where it is? Do you think you will get it tomorrow?

I did, my Xbox one is on it`s way to UPS and it`s classed as a UPS Express Saver delivery which according to UPS is:

Next business day delivery by end of day to every address in the country

So fingers crossed......

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

DaLad wrote: »
    She wants to get in on the buzz :D

She hates both football and computer games!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Stupid Amazon only after getting my shipping confirmation delivery is now changed to monday. why did they leave it so late to dispatch it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

D_BEAR wrote: »
    Stupid Amazon only after getting my shipping confirmation delivery is now changed to monday. why did they leave it so late to dispatch it :mad:

Same here, mongos!:mad:

• Advertisement

dricko_lim wrote: »
    She hates both football and computer games!

Looking to see how much you are spending :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does anyone know what time Smyths are open at tomorrow morning (Bray). It's fairly cold out there tonight so not sure if I want to stand out in the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

ch750536 wrote: »
    1 gig on a 1 megabit connection takes 150 mins
    so
    2 gig on 1 megabit = 150 * 2 =300 mins
    1 gig on 3 megabit = 150/3 = 50 mins

So for me forza would be
    32gig on 4 megabit = 150*(32/4) = 1200mins (20 hrs)

However....

The net will be well slow this weekend I reckon.

I think you can play games once they reach a certain point with the download.

Disk games. You just have to install to the harddrive, the game, so it such be way faster than digital downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time Smyths are open at tomorrow morning (Bray). It's fairly cold out there tonight so not sure if I want to stand out in the cold
    Wicklow - Bray
    Opening Hours
    Monday 9.00am to 7.00pm
    Tuesday 9.00am to 7.00pm
    Wednesday 9.00am to 7.00pm
    Thursday 9.00am to 7.00pm
    Friday 9.00am to 7.00pm
    Saturday 9.00am to 7.00pm
    Sunday 10.00am to 7.00pm

I'd never get a console online and i know you don't want to hear this. But Amazon UK knows if they ship out on 21th or 22th, most of the people who bought it online and live in the UK, will get it in one day. Ireland its takes least 2 to 3 days.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    They really aren't.. NBA Live is terrible compared to NBA 2K.

The Ignite engine EA is using is crap. Madden and Fifa 14 could look much better with the engine 2K games is using.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

I'd never get a console online and i know you don't want to hear this. But Amazon UK knows if they ship out on 21th or 22th, most of the people who bought it online and live in the UK, will get it in one day. Ireland its takes least 2 to 3 days.

Just Checked my delivery on UPS and saw the Following:

In Transit: On Time

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 22/11/2013, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Swansea, United Kingdom, Thursday, 21/11/2013

It is now officially my xmas eve:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

The ups tracking number just gone live says its still on time for delivery tomorrow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

http://forums.xbox.com/en-gb/uk_general_xbox_discussion/f/229/p/1623155/4197326.aspx

Nothing from DPD/Simply Games for me so I guess I'll be waiting until next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Manged to Book a copy Of forza

Typical My net is off the one weekend i need it

into the mothers on the 40Mb Connection and pray it doesnt take long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Finally Xtra vision rang me at 7 this evening. Telling me I'm getting the FIFA day one edition tomorrow.

The thing is. I was told there was just bundles and I had to buy a game. I said "I was never told this when I preordered and I don't want a game as I have FIFA" which he replied it an MS thing.

Then he mentioned the play and charge kit. Lucky enough I was getting that anyway. So I said I would take that. I never even knew that was a bundle?

I felt like he was lying and was Xtra vision are making people buy games.

Has anyone else had this from Xtra vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

According to an post, my ganestop pre-order has been delivered while I was at work. Been looking forward to playing it since I checked at lunch.

This is the longest journey home ever!

Finally Xtra vision rang me at 7 this evening. Telling me I'm getting the FIFA day one edition tomorrow.

The thing is. I was told there was just bundles and I had to buy a game. I said "I was never told this when I preordered and I don't want a game as I have FIFA" which he replied it an MS thing.

Then he mentioned the play and charge kit. Lucky enough I was getting that anyway. So I said I would take that. I never even knew that was a bundle?

I think Fifa was free with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

A friend of mine who is buying his from Xtra Vision was told the same thing. Seems like a dick move to me. Lest face it, Xtra Vision needs the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

3:58min.....nearly there........:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Parawind wrote: »
    According to an post, my ganestop pre-order has been delivered while I was at work. Been looking forward to playing it since I checked at lunch.

This is the longest journey home ever!

Mind me asking where you bought from to get it a day early?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Gamestop - People who ordered online got them delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mind me asking where you bought from to get it a day early?

Got it from gamestop online and didn't even select express shipping. +1 to An Post. :D

Unboxing it as I post.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    http://forums.xbox.com/en-gb/uk_general_xbox_discussion/f/229/p/1623155/4197326.aspx

Nothing from DPD/Simply Games for me so I guess I'll be waiting until next week..

I better not have to wait until next week:mad:

They could just be slow e-mailing overseas customers ??

• Advertisement

Gamestop told me yesterday they'll be opening at 10 till whatever time? I said how many on the list she said about 60, but she said i don't know yet how many will be turning up at Midnight. No way I'm going to stand in line at 10 lol, i'll go just after 11.

60 people if they all show up, shouldn't take more than an hour or less to get their console., anyways.

Advertisement