Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davegd78

Tesco have only about 10 per store but are only selling them (first come first served) at 8:00am in the morning. Even at the stores that are 24 hours they are waiting until 8am :mad:

i rang tesco in nutgrove and dundrum and they said they werent getting them in... any other tescos in that area that people know of??

or does anyone think the customer help desk not know?

also was told today Argos in nutgrove/dundrum/liffey valley wont have them till after launch... about the 4th or 6th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

My UPS number from Microsoft is working now, says it's in Tamworth, United Kingdom. I'm in London by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

If they are in the UK still will we get them tomorrow?

EDIT: Didn't read that you were in London.

There is a message on the xbox forums saying tracking numbers would be updated at midnight so hopefully that is for Ireland too

Jez I'm tempted to try the shops in town tomorrow and see have they any FIFA editions for general sale.

I don't have the PS4 pre-ordered but fancy my chances in getting one despite the hysteria.

But I really want to play FIFA and the main reason I was swaying for the PS4 was due to the cost.

Getting FIFA included makes it a lot more appealing as I'd be paying E60-65 on top of the E400 for the PS4 for that for sure.

I also just realised they sorted the controller issue in regard to needing batteries, I actually thought they went with that system again and that alone is a very off putting feature(even getting FIFA free) so guess I can strike that off.

Might look into it tomorrow, I'm sure some shops will have uncollected pre orders and it came with all of them right?.
    Buying though would come down to getting that FIFA edition.
    Certainly wouldn't pay E100 extra over a weeks wait, no interest in Kinect for E100, could stomach it for E35.

The only sickening thing would be I had 200k UT coins for Xbox as I played 14 on the 360 for a few weeks, couldn't sell them for E20 on here so just blew them on coins and only have 10k :(... has switched to trading on my 'PS4' account to be ready to play on release.
    Would be sickening starting the whole thing over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

To anyone who got it early, can you tell me the size of the packaging. Trying to judge whether or not I can fit it in a small travel suitcase so as I can take it home safely tomorrow morning via public transport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

CatInABox wrote: »
    My UPS number from Microsoft is working now, says it's in Tamworth, United Kingdom. I'm in London by the way.

Mine is in Tamworth too, but I'm in Ireland:mad:

I also just realised they sorted the controller issue in regard to needing batteries, I actually thought they went with that system again and that alone is a very off putting feature(even getting FIFA free) so guess I can strike that off.

The xbox one controller still needs batteries, a play and charge kit or to be plugged in.

dor83 wrote: »
    The xbox one controller still needs batteries, a play and charge kit or to be plugged in.

I thought that initially, then thought otherwise after an online search a few minutes ago.
    But now after another search I see they go inside the controller now hence the thinner back.

How could they make that mistake again?.

It's the only offputting thing about the Xbox. Bad enough to do it once, but in 2013?!.

I see the play and plug is an extra E25... hmm would have to think it over, but I'm seriously itching to play FIFA.
    Will ask around tomorrow and see the story, the main thing for me is getting FIFA free, paying E500 for the console alone is a total no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Surely there is a twin pack of batteries included in the pack?

ShaunC wrote: »
    Surely there is a twin pack of batteries included in the pack?
    There are two AA's in the box alright but I think gilberto is talking about a permanent battery being built in like with PS controllers. I don't mind the P&C kits, had a couple of batteries in my launch PS3 controllers pretty much give up after a few years and had to replace the controllers, with xbox I just had to replace the battery packs so worked out cheaper in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

davegd78 wrote: »
    i rang tesco in nutgrove and dundrum and they said they werent getting them in... any other tescos in that area that people know of??

or does anyone think the customer help desk not know?

also was told today Argos in nutgrove/dundrum/liffey valley wont have them till after launch... about the 4th or 6th

you were lied too
    we are getting them in , in every store although only about 10 consoles in each store
    all will be taken before the shop is even open due too staff claiming them:pac: next expected deliverie is the 9th
    ps4 next expected deliverie is the 6th (all will be claimed before the 29th by staff as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Can the charge packs from the 360 work on this? As a Mammy on this thread for Santa purposes I think I need a crash course on all this lingo! I never realised I was so out of the loop until now :)

There are two AA's in the box alright but I think gilberto is talking about a permanent battery being built in like with PS controllers. I don't mind the P&C kits, had a couple of batteries in my launch PS3 controllers pretty much give up after a few years and had to replace the controllers, with xbox I just had to replace the battery packs so worked out cheaper in the long run.

Ya that's what I meant.

Did you leave the controllers plugged in with the USB?.
    I remember hearing that could ruin the batteries but I can honestly say from the ones I had I never lost one bit of power with the PS3 controllers(though I will say I had one that bricked and then a slim for a year i.e never used a controller for longer than 2 years maybe) I had or heard anyones say there's died.
    They were prone to wear alright, but the batteries would run like clockwork(and 360 would get probs with the battery pack being loose and them knocking off etc coupled with buying them).

I'll probably look around a few places tomorrow and see what the story is. Will be dependent on any FIFA editions going for E500 though. Otherwise I'll wait a week.

PinkFly wrote: »
    Can the charge packs from the 360 work on this? As a Mammy on this thread for Santa purposes I think I need a crash course on all this lingo! I never realised I was so out of the loop until now :)

No, unfortunately you won't be able to use them and will have to by new ones for the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks, im raging we only bought new charge packs two weeks ago..another quick question anyone know if theres a time limit to change the fifa from 360 to the edition?

Ya that's what I meant.

Did you leave the controllers plugged in with the USB?.
    I remember hearing that could ruin the batteries but I can honestly say from the ones I had I never lost one bit of power with the PS3 controllers(though I will say I had one that bricked and then a slim for a year i.e never used a controller for longer than 2 years maybe) I had or heard anyones say there's died.
    They were prone to wear alright, but the batteries would run like clockwork(and 360 would get probs with the battery pack being loose and them knocking off etc coupled with buying them).

I'll probably look around a few places tomorrow and see what the story is. Will be dependent on any FIFA editions going for E500 though. Otherwise I'll wait a week.
    I didn't leave them plugged in for prolonged periods but they got a lot of use, I got mine from the US around their launch and had them for a good few years until they weren't dead but I was only getting a couple of hours out of them and that wasn't enough for me. Good luck getting a console tomorrow anyway.

I didn't leave them plugged in for prolonged periods but they got a lot of use, I got mine from the US around their launch and had them for a good few years until they weren't dead but I was only getting a couple of hours out of them and that wasn't enough for me. Good luck getting a console tomorrow anyway.

I'm guessing in Galway there'll be one place with some extra copies of that edition.
    Or else pre-orders aren't picked up.

I'll chance a few places anyway and ask them in the morning. Would try later but I need to loan the money from the CU so no funds tonight :(.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davegd78

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you were lied too
    we are getting them in , in every store although only about 10 consoles in each store
    all will be taken before the shop is even open due too staff claiming them:pac: next expected deliverie is the 9th
    ps4 next expected deliverie is the 6th (all will be claimed before the 29th by staff as well)

****!!!!

i guess Harvey Normans is my best shot tomorrow then....

Cheers!!

Thanks, im raging we only bought new charge packs two weeks ago..another quick question anyone know if theres a time limit to change the fifa from 360 to the edition?

There is a limit, I think it might be March but am not sure so it would be worth your while asking in Gamestop. If you are buying an extra controller there is one that comes with a play and charge kit that works out a little cheaper than buying them separate.

Nevermind_ wrote: »

Same for me, I'm just hoping that they sent it express because we could still get them tomorrow if they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

dricko_lim wrote: »
    My wife who is 7 months pregnant is coming to the midnight launch with me...i've yet to figure out her angle and why she is going!:D

Guess what you might be getting for Xmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Nevermind_ wrote: »

Same here. Status also says "Exception" with no explanation, so that's fun. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think you have 'till December 31st in Gamestop to avail of the upgrade offer, but only if you purchased it from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

DaLad wrote: »
    I think you have 'till December 31st in Gamestop to avail of the upgrade offer, but only if you purchased it from them.

Don't have to have bought the fifa game in gamestop to avail as its the only game that no receipt is needed to trade up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Same here. Status also says "Exception" with no explanation, so that's fun. :mad:

I'm outside in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

irishchris wrote: »
    Don't have to have bought the fifa game in gamestop to avail as its the only game that no receipt is needed to trade up

Ok so every other game needs to have been purchased in Gamestop to avail of the offer bar FIFA?

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Mine says that too and says to check the shipment progress which has "In Transit" under activity, In Transit is described as
    Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the scheduled delivery date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered.
    So hopefully that means they should be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I am hoping to get a xbox one someday, i suppose it will be 2014 before i will be able to get one without pre-ordering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Backfire wrote: »
    I am hoping to get a xbox one someday, i suppose it will be 2014 before i will be able to get one without pre-ordering?

Pre-order with gamestop now and you'll have one by December 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Pre-order with gamestop now and you'll have one by December 12th.

Really? Must i pre-order on their website or should i go into my local gamestop?

Advertisement