Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Killinator wrote: »
    We're not doing midnight as we didn't get enough orders to warrant one as we only reopened in September,

My advice would be to be there when shutters open at 9

Do you recon that'll be the same set up for the ps4 next week buddy

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Sitting in the car outside Smyths Bray. Not a soul in sight.

Have you pre ordered mate
    let us know if there's people there judt buying them without pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Do you recon that'll be the same set up for the ps4 next week buddy

I honestly don't know,
    I hope so as I'm waiting on one, yep, even working there doesn't guarantee me one :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Warning lads: be patient with the upload. Apparently the progress bar shows little signs of movement early. Someone turned it off thinking it had frozen and bricked the console.

Theres Bound to be impatient people that could fook there consoles up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Just got mine.now to read up on the downloading bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

PinkFly wrote: »
    Just got mine.now to read up on the downloading bit :)

80% come on! Only ten mins to be fair do far downloading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jabbaUK

Grats on the launch guys hope you all get one. Not getting X1 till early next year picking up the ps4 first this time round dreading that launch to be honest. Anyone who git X1 from smyths how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

Well anyone finished the downloads. What price are they going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

Well anyone finished the downloads. What price are they going for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jabbaUK wrote: »
    Grats on the launch guys hope you all get one. Not getting X1 till early next year picking up the ps4 first this time round dreading that launch to be honest. Anyone who git X1 from smyths how did it go?

There were 3 people plus security guard in the Derry store, two behind the counter serving and 3rd was asking the next two on the line what they had pre ordered and had it waiting for when they went up to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

PinkFly wrote: »
    Jees ye are all very early..will there be huge queues?

Not huge queues but limited stocks myths here only had 5 extra controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Well Argos have no stock either that or all booked up by staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Fifa 14 is going to take ages for me, just downloading it now (6 meg connection) Was messing around with the dashboard for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Borrow a nephew/lil' bro who can pretend to cry at the counter when they tell you they have none. If he can't pretend to cry, pinch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Have you pre ordered mate
    let us know if there's people there judt buying them without pre orders

Yeah, had a preorder. There were only 4 of us there in total. Pretty strict with letting us in so I'd say there wouldn't be a hope without a preorder. 9am tomorrow morning would be the best bet for Smyths I'd say.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Yeah, had a preorder. There were only 4 of us there in total. Pretty strict with letting us in so I'd say there wouldn't be a hope without a preorder. 9am tomorrow morning would be the best bet for Smyths I'd say.

Thanks man enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Anyone else finding it hard to use the dashboard without kinect voice commands :/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The JMC

shane7218 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding it hard to use the dashboard without kinect voice commands :/

I think once you know where everything is, it isn't as daunting as it first seems. The bumper buttons are definitely key to quick navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Stab*City wrote: »
    I see a lot of people are charging batteries you lot not getting the play and charge kit/controller bundles?

Getting the play and charge kit with the second controller I pre-ordered.

Pre-ordered in Galway. Will pick mine up after 5 tomorrow. Splitting the cost with my brother but he is waiting on wages, so I had to pay for the lot for now.

Will have to be just the FIFA download and a second controller for now.

Some games are €10 and even €15 cheaper online than Gamestop. I can wait, as long as we have FIFA. Just to shut up the lads that have FIFA 14 on 360 and felt the need to tease like children... haha.

I just started GTA V the second time and I still have to play The Walking Dead: 400 days and am playing through The Witcher on PC, so that I can have played that before getting The Witcher II on 360, so that I am all set for the Witcher III: Wild Hunt on Xbox One early next year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

shane7218 wrote: »

Change location to USA or UK and use away on voice commands. They work flawlessly :D

Can also gain access to UK & U.S non region locked apps and the YouTube app right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Fair play to everyone who got their console already.

It's going to be a long day in work refreshing the UPS page. :)
    Hmm ... Shipped by UPS Saver "Delivery commitment: 1-3 Business Days" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Status from the UPS tracking page:
    In Transit: On Time
    Ok...
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 11/25/2013, By End of Day
    That's not what "on time" means, UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Just picked it up in tesco in the crescent here in limerick, not sure how many they have!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Both of mine were changed from UPS Saver to UPS Express Saver at around 3:30 this morning. Where do you see the In Transit: On Time info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just picked it up in tesco in the crescent here in limerick, not sure how many they have!

Was it a day one console with Fifa or Forza?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Status from the UPS tracking page:

Ok...

That's not what "on time" means, UPS.

me too , what a load of crap if that is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Was me in the queue with you, they had 10, staff bought none apparently so they had 8 after we left. Day 1 forza's, €499

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

ch750536 wrote: »
    Was me in the queue with you, they had 10, staff bought none apparently so they had 8 after we left. Day 1 forza's, €499

No i didnt queue, walked in at about 8 45

Forza too

Advertisement