Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

No i didnt queue, walked in at about 8 45

Forza too

how much was forza?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Picked up mine in Tesco Clearwater at 7:30. They only had 4 as Staff took the other 6.

Forza Day one edition! :) Just what i was looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

Any update on Xtra Vision forcing you to buy a game with your pre order Xbox One??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

No i didnt queue, walked in at about 8 45

Forza too

Ah, I'd already left by then, 7 left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Mikebyrne wrote: »
    Any update on Xtra Vision forcing you to buy a game with your pre order Xbox One??

They are not allowed to sell the console on its own. A game or accessory has to be purchased or no console, despite the pre-order only being on the console itself. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement

They are not allowed to sell the console on its own. A game or accessory has to be purchased or no console, despite the pre-order only being on the console itself. Absolutely ridiculous.

Who's not "allowing" them??

Who's not "allowing" them??

Head office. Refunds to anyone who doesn't want to buy a game or accessory.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

peteeeed wrote: »
    how much was forza?

Came with it

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

liamog wrote: »
    Both of mine were changed from UPS Saver to UPS Express Saver at around 3:30 this morning. Where do you see the In Transit: On Time info?

Here's my tracking page:

Head office. Refunds to anyone who doesn't want to buy a game or accessory.

I wonder what Microsoft think about this??

How legal is this, doesn't sound right to me

• Advertisement

I wonder what Microsoft think about this??

How legal is this, doesn't sound right to me

It's absolutely ridiculous. Plenty of pissed off parents this morning I would imagine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Strange, mine don't say on-time and don't have an entry for scheduled delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

If I preordered a console in Xtravision and was not told this at the time then i would not be leaving the shop until i had my console. There is no way people should let them get away with that.

If I preordered a console in Xtravision and was not told this at the time then i would not be leaving the shop until i had my console. There is no way people should let them get away with that.

There's no point in giving out to the staff about it, it has come directly from head office. You're 100% right though, your pre-order would have been on the console not the console+a game. It's even more ridiculous considering fifa or forza come bundled in the box so you have to buy a second game before they'll give you your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 harry4jmjk

How frustrating are Microsoft??

Firstly they have my shipping address listed as Waterford when in fact I live in Wexford. Tried calling UPS to change the delivery address but they can't do anything until the item arrives at the Depot in Dublin. UPS are also saying that it won't be delivered until Monday before "End of Day". This is useless to me. Me and my house mate both work full time jobs. There isn't going to be anyone here on Monday to sign for the package.

You would think that a company as huge as Microsoft would be able to honour it's promise of delivering "ITS OWN PRODUCT" to customers who have waited since June on the day of release.

Very frustrating service. :mad:

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Here's my tracking page:

mine is identical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

mine is identical
    Same here.

Can't wait to fill in their 'how was your order experience' survey they just sent me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭_MadRa_

harry4jmjk wrote: »
    How frustrating are Microsoft??

Firstly they have my shipping address listed as Waterford when in fact I live in Wexford. Tried calling UPS to change the delivery address but they can't do anything until the item arrives at the Depot in Dublin. UPS are also saying that it won't be delivered until Monday before "End of Day". This is useless to me. Me and my house mate both work full time jobs. There isn't going to be anyone here on Monday to sign for the package.

You would think that a company as huge as Microsoft would be able to honour it's promise of delivering "ITS OWN PRODUCT" to customers who have waited since June on the day of release.

Very frustrating service. :mad:

Can you pick it up at the depot on saturday?

Same here.

Can't wait to fill in their 'how was your order experience' survey they just sent me.

i'm trying to contact their online support . one of the options is 'Console issues' i guess ...I DONT HAVE IT YET

i'm trying to contact their online support . one of the options is 'Console issues' i guess ...I DONT HAVE IT YET

Their on-line support just refers you to the Microsoft Store helpline. I don't mind waiting for the console, I just wish Microsoft hadn't screwed it up so badly e.g the wrong delivery address and the broken promise of delivery on release day.

Will never pre-order from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Same here.

A bit miffed ... Ordered from Microsoft because, you know, it being their product they could probably be relied upon to have their stuff together and organise that the "Day One" kit would be with you on Day One.

Nope: They have not been organised at all and the Xbox is still in the UK and it is listed as "In Transit: On Time" for delivery "Monday, 11/25/2013, By End of Day".

That's not on time - that's three days late.

harry4jmjk wrote: »
    Their on-line support just refers you to the Microsoft Store helpline. I don't mind waiting for the console, I just wish Microsoft hadn't screwed it up so badly e.g the wrong delivery address and the broken promise of delivery on release day.

Will never pre-order from them again.

will have to change ours to 'day 4 edition' what a load of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Just spoke with UPS about delivery, the earliest we can all expect them is Monday morning! There blaming Microsoft for not shipping on time.

Re extravision, if cash has exchanged hands then a contract was formed, legally binding. They have to sell to you what the contract was for within reasonable limits.
    Basically if they insist you buy a game tell them they are in breach of contract and therefore contravening the sale of goods act. Offer them the value for the console.
    Ultimately you have to decide what happens next though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That is some real dirty bullsh1t from Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

A bit miffed ... Ordered from Microsoft because, you know, it being their product they could probably be relied upon to have their stuff together and organise that the "Day One" kit would be with you on Day One.

Nope: They have not been organised at all and the Xbox is still in the UK and it is listed as "In Transit: On Time" for delivery "Monday, 11/25/2013, By End of Day".

That's not on time - that's three days late.
    I ordered with them for the exact same reason, could have ordered from Gamestop.ie and would have it already, won't be using the MS store again.

I don't have a delivery date on mine, just says in transit.

ch750536 wrote: »
    Re extravision, if cash has exchanged hands then a contract was formed, legally binding. They have to sell to you what the contract was for within reasonable limits.
    Basically if they insist you buy a game tell them they are in breach of contract and therefore contravening the sale of goods act. Offer them the value for the console.
    Ultimately you have to decide what happens next though...

Phone calls were made to all customers who pre ordered during the week to inform them of this ridiculous rule.

will have to change ours to 'day 4 edition' what a load of rubbish

You've concocted an entirely new marketing campaign for Microsoft, "order from us and no-one else and receive the exclusive day four edition". What a load of b******s. I also cannot believe a company like UPS does not have the facility to reroute a delivery before the item arrives in the depot. Therefore when it is scanned the delivery address is modified.

May just have to get it delivered into work.

One seriously unhappy MS customer.

Phone calls were made to all customers who pre ordered during the week to inform them of this ridiculous rule.

You can't change a contract without good reason or consent from all parties.

• Advertisement

ch750536 wrote: »
    You can't change a contract without good reason or consent from all parties.

I know that.

Advertisement