Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

ch750536 wrote: »
    Re extravision, if cash has exchanged hands then a contract was formed, legally binding. They have to sell to you what the contract was for within reasonable limits.
    Basically if they insist you buy a game tell them they are in breach of contract and therefore contravening the sale of goods act. Offer them the value for the console.
    Ultimately you have to decide what happens next though...

What options do we have?? Ive only 500 for the console and theyre sending them all back Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

Regarding the delivery. These should have been all processed & dispatched, at the latest yesterday afternoon. The Express Saver delivery in a next business day delivery service. Seems Microsoft were late processing them and they will be sitting at the UPS depot in the UK or Ireland until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Mikebyrne wrote: »
    What options do we have?? Ive only 500 for the console and theyre sending them all back Saturday

You have the option of walking away and officially complaining, knowing you are in the right. Does not help you.

Try standing your ground & sound like you know what you are talking about. Be polite, write down names in a little book. Have head office number at hand and call them from in the store where others may hear. Ask the employees for the name of the person who told them to only sell with a game & contact them. Ask them the same question. Basically kick up a very polite but nasty fuss so they do the right thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

No consoles are being sent anywhere.
    If you don't want it with a game or accessory, you get a refund on your deposit and the console goes to open sale, it's not even passed on to 2nd or 3rd wave customers.

Wait for someone to buy 2 games with a console and them ask them nicely to split the games up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

dor83 wrote: »
    I ordered with them for the exact same reason, could have ordered from Gamestop.ie and would have it already, won't be using the MS store again.

I don't have a delivery date on mine, just says in transit.

Hmm, was just on to Microsoft Store support ... Still not launch day, but at least I might get some of the weekend out of it - if this is accurate.
    MS Store Support: Oh I see. Let me provide you the tracking number for it.
    MS Store Support: It's 1Z************
    You: Yep. It says that it will not be delivered until Monday 25/11/13
    MS Store Support: Please expect to receive it on Monday.
    You: The order was for a "Day One" console.
    You: To be available on release day.
    MS Store Support: Yes. It is.
    You: However, Monday is not the release day.
    MS Store Support: Just give a minute or two.. Let me check this one for you...
    You: It is three days after release day, and is therefore not on the day for which it was ordered. (The original order placed 21. August)
    MS Store Support: Thank you for waiting.
    MS Store Support: Upon checking you will receive your XBOX One tomorrow Fingleberries.
    You: Thank you for looking into it. Are you sure? The UPS site lists Monday, 11/25/2013, By End of Day
    MS Store Support: Yes. I'm really sure about this Fingleberries/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

Wait for someone to buy 2 games with a console and them ask them nicely to split the games up.

That was my plan today actually!

Returns policy

'You can return any item to us for a refund as long as it is in its original packaging within 7 days of you receiving your order.'

Borrow a few quid off someone for a day. When you buy the console insist on 2 receipts.

Returns policy

'You can return any item to us for a refund as long as it is in its original packaging within 7 days of you receiving your order.'

Borrow a few quid off someone for a day. When you buy the console insist on 2 receipts.

Refunds only available if the game is faulty. Change of mind is only given store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

You have the option of walking away and officially complaining, knowing you are in the right. Does not help you.

Try standing your ground & sound like you know what you are talking about. Be polite, write down names in a little book. Have head office number at hand and call them from in the store where others may hear. Ask the employees for the name of the person who told them to only sell with a game & contact them. Ask them the same question. Basically kick up a very polite but nasty fuss so they do the right thing.

Also, I would call the National Consumer Agency this morning. Explain what is happening and ask them if they feel that if Xtra-Vision implement this policy would they consider it to potentially be a misleading commercial practice under the Consumer Protection Act. I'd guess that the NCA will tell you that Xtra Vision are probably on shaky ground and that you should explain to them that you want the console for the price agreed without having to buy extra items.

Armed with this, i would insist on speaking to a manager/supervisor and explain calmly that you have spoken to the NCA and that you certainly be pursuing the matter further if they won't provide the console as initially agreed.

Alternatively, Joe Duffy is also a good threat for this sort of behavior :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow just reading the thread about xtra vision some shocking stuff there, did HMV pull the same stunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Hmm, was just on to Microsoft Store support ... Still not launch day, but at least I might get some of the weekend out of it - if this is accurate.

That would be a lot better than Monday but I thought UPS didn't deliver on Saturday?

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow just reading the thread about xtra vision some shocking stuff there, did HMV pull the same stunt?

Same owners, same head office, I'd imagine it will be the same in hmv.

D3sperado wrote: »
    Also, I would call the National Consumer Agency this morning. Explain what is happening and ask them if they feel that if Xtra-Vision implement this policy would they consider it to potentially be a misleading commercial practice under the Consumer Protection Act. I'd guess that the NCA will tell you that Xtra Vision are probably on shaky ground and that you should explain to them that you want the console for the price agreed without having to buy extra items.

Armed with this, i would insist on speaking to a manager/supervisor and explain calmly that you have spoken to the NCA and that you certainly be pursuing the matter further if they won't provide the console as initially agreed.

Alternatively, Joe Duffy is also a good threat for this sort of behavior :o

There is no point in asking a manager. You will be told there is nothing he/she can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ive taken to my tweet machine

#XboxOneLaunch #xboxireland everyone who ordered from microsoft ireland is not getting the console till monday , dreadful service

peteeeed wrote: »
    ive taken to my tweet machine

#XboxOneLaunch #xboxireland everyone who ordered from microsoft ireland is not getting the console till monday , dreadful service
    The same here, I see that there are a couple of #DayFourEdition tweets already out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

There is no point in asking a manager. You will be told there is nothing he/she can do.

People generally tend to listen a bit more intently if you sound like you know what you're talking about and are potentially going to drag their name in to an official complaint you are making to someone like the NCA. At the very least, it might at least get them to ring head office and flag the issue.

Other than try to get someone buying two games, and getting them to split it with you or else walking away, there is probably not much more can be done. Pretty outrageous selling tactics though, I'll never pre-order anything from them after reading the stories on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

So ups say definitely Monday and MS support say tomorrow. I know which one I believe.

So ups say definitely Monday and MS support say tomorrow. I know which one I believe.
    My head believes UPS; My heart hopes MS Support.
    Probably UPS are more accurate and I'll believe that, anything else would be a bonus at this stage :(

on twitter , someone was told by MS that it will be monday , joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazon order just arrived in Parcel Motel, whammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 david.ol

Make of this what you will...
    Microsoft
    info: at 10:18:12 Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
    system: at 10:18:16 You are not currently connected to an Answer Tech.
    system: at 10:18:17 You are not currently connected to an Answer Tech.
    info: at 10:19:35 Privacy Statement You are now chatting with 'Mihai'.
    Mihai: at 10:19:47 Thank you for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! My name is Mihai. How can I help you today?
    You: at 10:19:46 Hi Mihai, I preordered a Day One Edition Xbox One and is meant to arrive today. However, the tracking ays it isn't arriving until next Monday.
    Mihai: at 10:20:10 I understand that and I will do my best to help you check the order.
    Mihai: at 10:20:16 May I please have your full name and e-mail address ?
    You: at 10:20:25 [name]
    You: at 10:20:29 [email]
    Mihai: at 10:22:00 Thank you.
    Mihai: at 10:22:07 I am changing right now.
    Mihai: at 10:22:14 *checking
    Mihai: at 10:22:19 For security reasons, I also need to check with you the last 4 digits of the card you used and your contact number.
    You: at 10:22:19 thanks
    You: at 10:22:25 [card]
    You: at 10:22:33 [phone]
    Mihai: at 10:23:17 Indeed Scheduled Delivery is Monday, 11/25/2013, By End of Day. But this is standard on the UPS site, But as far as the Xbox One Day One orders, they will be delivered today.
    Mihai: at 10:23:21 We have already has customers who received it today, even though Monday was specified. That is more of a timeframe but we are also working hard on making sure you will have it today, as promised.
    Mihai: at 10:23:48 Nothing has changed.
    Mihai: at 10:24:08 It's just that the details were not updated on their site.
    You: at 10:24:25 I'm confused, I spoke to UPS and they said that since Microsoft only processed the order yesterday, it shipped today, and therefore wouldn't arrive until next working business day
    Mihai: at 10:24:27 Our managers got in contact with them early this morning.
    You: at 10:24:53 So you believe my order should still arrive today?
    Mihai: at 10:25:31 Yes, it will. The point is that normally this is what they do.
    Mihai: at 10:25:45 But we had an arrangement with them.
    You: at 10:26:07 I understand.
    Mihai: at 10:26:17 As I mentioned before, there are customers in the same situation who already received it.
    Mihai: at 10:26:29 We will make sure you will have it today.
    You: at 10:26:34 Thanks Mihai
    Mihai: at 10:26:37 But do not hesitate to contact us again for any questions you might have.
    Mihai: at 10:26:49 It was my pleasure.
    Mihai: at 10:26:55 I wish you a great weekend.
    You: at 10:26:58 You too
    You: at 10:27:00 Goodbye
    info: at 10:27:29 Thank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.
    [/email]

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

My head believes UPS; My heart hopes MS Support.
    Probably UPS are more accurate and I'll believe that, anything else would be a bonus at this stage :(

Unless Microsoft have arranged with UPS to save them alot of embarrassment and deliver these tomorrow I would say UPS are more accurate. Usually Saturday delivery with UPS is a premium service for deliveries mostly in Dublin city centre area. Although, Microsoft is an important account for UPS and this may have an effect.

Xbox Support (1-5) ‏@XboxSupport 21 Nov
    Join us tomorrow as we begin the next generation of gaming and entertainment with the Xbox One! http://xbx.lv/1fXtyFD ^ST
    Expand

@XboxSupport i wish , i ordered mine direct from microsoft ireland in august and my UPS tracker says 11/25/2013, By End of Day.NOT HAPPY
    Reply Delete Favorite More Collapse
    1:09 AM - 22 Nov 13 · Details
    Xbox Support (1-5) ‏@XboxSupport 3m
    Oh no, what a bummer. Do you live near a large city? ^LL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Well mine is going to work so if they do try tomorrow there won't be anyone there to accept so it will probably go back to bloody Tamworth.

I don't believe anything Mihai says tbh. Pure fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

david.ol wrote: »
    Make of this what you will...

Well that conversation nearly took an interesting twist......
    Mihai: at 10:22:07 I am changing right now.

New to XBox, spangly new Xbox one. XBox live gold - where is the best deal? Can I purchase US xbox live and use it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Semi-related: has anyone who's ordered from MS checked their online banking?

Since midnight the charge for the Xbox has disappeared from mine. Not "charged then cancelled." Gone.

At this stage I haven't a clue what's going on or if I'm ever going to receive this console.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Anyone else who was scheduled to get their console from Gamestop on the 29th get bumped up the queue?

Ever since that lad earlier in the thread said that he got bumped up to day one I've been checking my phone every two minutes :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure how reliable the UPS website is for times lads, I'm in London and the estimated delivery Midday on Monday.

The status of the package is out for delivery though, so I'd expect to get it today sometime. Seems a bit of a joke that they couldn't have organised this better.

That Xtravision thing is unreal though.

Advertisement