Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone who bought in Tesco today, are they selling games/accessories?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone who bought in Tesco today, are they selling games/accessories?

No just forza day 1 for €499 but that was from a warehouse cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

last bit of business i do with xtravision. they can all shut down now for all i care.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

ch750536 wrote: »
    No just forza day 1 for €499 but that was from a warehouse cage.

Is this like an online version you could swap with someone who got FIFA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Did anyone who ordered the Xbox from Amazon get it today or likely to get it today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Butsymarc

Ordered mine online with gamestop on Nov 7th. Got an email about a week ago to say I would get it on the 29th but got a call the other day to say it would be this weekend. No dispatch email yet. I'm guessing it will be the 29th by the time I get it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Semi-related: has anyone who's ordered from MS checked their online banking?

Since midnight the charge for the Xbox has disappeared from mine. Not "charged then cancelled." Gone.

At this stage I haven't a clue what's going on or if I'm ever going to receive this console.
    Stranger still, on Commerce.Microsoft.com I'm showing as having been charged twice ... Once on 18/11 and once on 21/11 ... and I didn't even get an Xbox on day one :-/

[EDIT]
    Microsoft Store support say that it is not actually a double-charge, but a quirk on the Commerce site (one showing them blocking off the money for the Xbox and one for actually taking the money afterwards).

I'll still keep an eye on my Credit Card bill, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I just got one from Tesco in Wilton Cork at about half 12. Day One Edition with Forza. They have one left if anyone is looking still?

Tried ringing a number of places in Galway in the hope I could get the FIFA edition.

All said no, so it's back to waiting for a PS4 for me as I've no interest in paying E500 just for the console alone.

Would have liked to play some FIFA this weekend though, oh well. :(

Amazingly bad market move by MS, they get the earlier launch on PS over here.
    Supposedly had far less pre-orders and couldn't make sure every shop had extra day one editions to tempt fence sitters/impatient FIFA players like me.

I'm hoping Sonys launch isn't like that as I don't have a pre-order and want to play FIFA(least Im not looking for a specific version next week).

I'll keep an eye on here to see do any FIFA Day ones pop up, but it looks unlikely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Stranger still, on Commerce.Microsoft.com I'm showing as having been charged twice ... Once on 18/11 and once on 21/11 ... and I didn't even get an Xbox on day one :-/
    Didn't even think to check there. Mine's showing the same two charges on the same days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Tried ringing a number of places in Galway in the hope I could get the FIFA edition.

All said no, so it's back to waiting for a PS4 for me as I've no interest in paying E500 just for the console alone.

Would have liked to play some FIFA this weekend though, oh well. :(

Amazingly bad market move by MS, they get the earlier launch on PS over here.
    Supposedly had far less pre-orders and couldn't make sure every shop had extra day one editions to tempt fence sitters/impatient FIFA players like me.

I'm hoping Sonys launch isn't like that as I don't have a pre-order and want to play FIFA(least Im not looking for a specific version next week).

I'll keep an eye on here to see do any FIFA Day ones pop up, but it looks unlikely now.

If you fancy a drive, I've just seen xtra vision in Shannon have some for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I think that the first one was just an authorisation and that the actual charge was made when it shipped, that was what they told me when I was talking to them on Wednesday.

If you fancy a drive, I've just seen xtra vision in Shannon have some for sale.

Cheers but I'm in the city so it's over an hour drive. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

me wrote:
    Microsoft Store support say that it is not actually a double-charge, but a quirk on the Commerce site (one showing them blocking off the money for the Xbox and one for actually taking the money afterwards).

I'll still keep an eye on my Credit Card bill, though.

I edited my initial comment after talking to Microsoft, but the thread had moved on.

Also, Microsoft said that "Microsoft sent the product out on time, once they gave it to UPS it became UPS's responsibility to deliver it. Please follow up with UPS directly for further information on delivery".

Following up with UPS, they are back to saying "Monday 25/11 end of day" for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

For those who've ordered on Amazon -- have you received your console yet? If so, what delivery option did you choose?

Have a PS4 on my way next week, and wondering if I'll get it for the Friday or the Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

People who are tweeting @Xtravision should use #xboxone #oxbm and any other hash tags you can think off were only a whisper compared to other countries
    get this sorted its actually bullying tactics #hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 23 david.ol

Also, Microsoft said that "Microsoft sent the product out on time, once they gave it to UPS it became UPS's responsibility to deliver it. Please follow up with UPS directly for further information on delivery".

Microsoft sent me my shipping confirmation yesterday. I guess they consider delivering consoles to UPS 36 hours before they're meant to be in another country "on time".

What an avoidable situation, I might be able to stomach this a little better if they'd accept responsibility and apoogise.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's a pity you can't ring UPS and find out exactly where the package is? We know it left the depot in Tamworth, so is it sat in layby somewhere whilst the UPS man eats some sandwiches?

Went into Xtravision to ask about te whole having to buy an additional game in order to get your console. Friend was told earlier today that if he wanted his XboxOne had to buy a game or accessory. He had his consolewith Forza and Dead Rising paid off for months and they flat out refused to give it to him unless he bought an additional product. Was told that if he did not buy it before tomorrow evening they would sell it in

I went in to see what the story was and the first two staff members had no idea what I was talking about. I asked why my friend could not get his console and finally a third member of staff came over to clarify the situation. If you do not buy a game or accessory when collecting the console you can not get your preorder. If you have two games preordered you must still buy another one. She tried to justify it by saying, " the reason for it is because the console is new, you need games to play on it." I asked why were those with games already included in their preorder being forced to buy it and her reply was pretty much "take it or leave it."

She also said that the sane policy will apply to the PS 4. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a real nasty thing to do. How many people paid off their bundle months back and now can't take it home as they can't afford the additional €70 to buy another game or accessory n

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

david.ol wrote: »
    Microsoft sent me my shipping confirmation yesterday. I guess they consider delivering consoles to UPS 36 hours before they're meant to be in another country "on time".

What an avoidable situation, I might be able to stomach this a little better if they'd accept responsibility and apoogise.

yeah i got my shipping email at 8am yesterday then checked UPS and the tracking number was not recognized until today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Ok, For any one waiting on MS shipments. Having rang UPS and being told that it was shipped late yesterday and not on time to arrive today I rang MS to find out, they guy I was talking to said that it should arrive today and that UPS are wrong in what they said, shouldn't be saying that to people as they are supposed to be delivering them today. When I said that others had been told the same he put me on hold for a few mins and told me that he has brought the situation to the attention of the escalation team and they will try to sort it out. He also took my number and said he would call to let me know what is happening after it is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Went into Xtravision to ask about te whole having to buy an additional game in order to get your console. Friend was told earlier today that if he wanted his XboxOne had to buy a game or accessory. He had his consolewith Forza and Dead Rising paid off for months and they flat out refused to give it to him unless he bought an additional product. Was told that if he did not buy it before tomorrow evening they would sell it in

I went in to see what the story was and the first two staff members had no idea what I was talking about. I asked why my friend could not get his console and finally a third member of staff came over to clarify the situation. If you do not buy a game or accessory when collecting the console you can not get your preorder. If you have two games preordered you must still buy another one. She tried to justify it by saying, " the reason for it is because cons

It is a load of ****, same thing happened to my friend last night and he was told it was thought up by the head of the company, heard from another friend at lunch that he was told Microsoft forced them to do it, which is more ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Butsymarc

That is a ridiculous move by Xtra-Vision. I feel like buying a game for someone who needs it. Then return it for store credit and help out the next person. Should keep me busy until I get mine next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Went into Xtravision to ask about te whole having to buy an additional gamditional product..........

If this is true for hmv aswell(I haven't been to work yet today) please bear in mind as of 10 o 'clock last night we(the staff) were unaware of this policy and I agree it's an absolute disgrace.

But given how the management( top management/not store management) wanted to treat pre order customers I'm not overly surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

I rang UPS to see if I could collect it from the warehouse in Dublin, they said it wont be there until Sunday night. I took time off work to be here for the courier. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

For those who've ordered on Amazon -- have you received your console yet? If so, what delivery option did you choose?

Have a PS4 on my way next week, and wondering if I'll get it for the Friday or the Monday...

I'm hoping their silence on the matter is because they all got their Xbox One and busy playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 david.ol

Zico-PES wrote: »
    I rang UPS to see if I could collect it from the warehouse in Dublin, they said it wont be there until Sunday night. I took time off work to be here for the courier. :mad:
    I did the same and they told me I couldnt collect from the depot until after the first delivery attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Same as, I'm almost afraid to leave the house now just in case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

My Amazon one has been sitting on "Preparing for Dispatch" since yesterday I choose free shipping and only ordered at the end of October so wasn't expecting it before next week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Xtravision made you buy ANOTHER game, even if you had additional game paid off with it.

I want to believe this is false...

Advertisement