Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

I can now confirm that Hmv are pulling the same stunt.

As I said for anyone buying please be aware we(the staff) had no idea until this morning that this would be the case!

Edit: it's an extra game or accessory( I hope play and charge packs count).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 david.ol

We better at least get a free year of Gold for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    Xtravision made you buy ANOTHER game, even if you had additional game paid off with it.

I want to believe this is false...

Yep, a friend of mine got told that at lunch, he had AC4 pre ordered with them and they are making him buy another game or controller before they will give him his PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

HMV and XV get a second chance and now they hustle their customers.

Stupid companies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never felt bad about buying 99% of my games from online retailers, but now I'm going to feel particularly good about it.

Pathetic from HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just been chatting to an ms operator
    i was giving him all the info on ireland not getting their orders

last replay from him
    lewis:
    'So, I would suggest you to please understand our situation and helps us to serve you better.'
    and he stop the conversation . unbelievable

Yolly: at 14:45:38
    I do apologize for the confusion about the email confirmation, you will still received this XBOX ONE DAY ONE order today, until the end of the day.

Still dont believe a word out of these Live Chat employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i contacted the tech journo from the irish times, shes going to look into the ms non delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

So did anyone in Ireland get their pre-order from the MS store?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Keep in mind that in MS' eyes, it's UPS who have failed to deliver.

Think I said as much earlier yesterday, in that if the console was not in Ireland by the early hours of today (more especially being a Friday), then Monday would be the most likely delivery. MS made no allotment for any, and I mean any kind of natural delay in the workings through the UPS system, even though they could have processed delivery earlier in order to overcome any unforeseen issues.
    Case in point, second pad which left Tamworth UPS at 9pm last night is on time for today.......console itself, which left after 11:30pm, is not. Operating delay on UPS' part, probably due to volume, probably due to some lad on a break etc etc
    Happens a lot of the time with Friday deliveries, something which MS should have anticipated and allotted time for, rather than leaving stuff down to the wire........poor form, but not altogether unexpected.

Some might have got through on time, some might not have.........not that big a deal personally, but it'll no doubt annoy some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 yekrallum

Non delivery from Microsoft / UPS - The tracking number says that the unit is in Tamworth outside Birmingham.

I called UPS 4 hours ago and the chap told me:
    - to ignore the tracking information
    - that it was wrong, that it was a MS scanning mistake
    - I was the 25th call in a row about the same thing
    - that all xbox's would be delivered today

I called them again 30mins ago and a lady (Emily) told me it would be delivered on Monday and that it was currently still in the UK. If there is a failed delivery you can organise collection. I explained the earlier conversation that I had with her colleague, she acted surprised and she put me on hold. 2-3mins later she came back and reaffirmed what she had already said about Monday’s delivery. I told her that I was surprised that she wasn’t up to speed on this whole thing as her colleague had got 25 calls in a row about it. She just said it was her first.

I then called MS and spoke to a very helpful lady. She said that as far as her system tells her the package is on time and will be delivered today but that it could be up to 8:30pm

I asked her if "on time" means UPS Express Saver 1-3 days or delivery today. She confirmed that "on time" is today. I asked "does that mean that UPS were contracted to deliver today?" and she said "yes".

Does that mean I'll get my xbox today? Who knows? I'd say that every person you call will have a different story. She gave me a case number to call back with if I need to but then she also said that one chap called who had been on to UPS and was told he wouldn't get his xbox today but then got it an hour later.

Fingers X'd

Both UPS and MS support people are just telling customers things to get them off the phone. Nothing more. If it says it's coming Monday, it's coming Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For those who've ordered on Amazon -- have you received your console yet? If so, what delivery option did you choose?

Have a PS4 on my way next week, and wondering if I'll get it for the Friday or the Monday...

Amazon shipped mine yesterday evening by UPS, it was in Dublin this morning but still waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Been on chat for over an hour and a half. I have a damaged power brick and it isn't powering on the console at all. Guy is very nice to be fair, obviously working 5/6 chats at a time but he is sending a replacement. Only going to take 19 days to get a new brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Doomofman wrote: »
    Both UPS and MS support people are just telling customers things to get them off the phone. Nothing more. If it says it's coming Monday, it's coming Monday.
    Very true, very sad and very disappointing all at the same time.

Microsoft blame UPS
    UPS blame Microsoft
    We're €500 down and no Xbox. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well, probably not much use for those of you in Ireland waiting on UPS, but they just delivered to me in London.

Guy said it was mental today.

My UPS has just changed from on time to Exception with an update saying it's in Dublin with the status 'Late Trailer'

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

My UPS has just changed from on time to Exception with an update saying it's in Dublin with the status 'Late Trailer'
    Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So it may be coming after all, patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Amazon shipped mine yesterday evening by UPS, it was in Dublin this morning but still waiting for it.

Same here, my mate in carlow got his from UPS at 10.30 this morning. I called UPS to confirm my delivery today and they stated that it was out for delivery and will arrive today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just noticed an update on the UPS site

Shipment Progress
    Dublin, Ireland 11/22/2013 3:30 P.M. Late trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

UPS deliver up until 7/8pm don't they? I often got a delivery late in the evening.

Looks like we're all on the Late trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Same here.
    maximoose wrote: »
    So it may be coming after all, patience!

You never know guys !

Might have been a right ding-dong between MS and UPS over it and this is the result.........casual explanation for a later than expected mass shipment.

MS should get UPS to deliver them tomorrow at the very least. Seems there's a lot of disappointed MS customers in Ireland today

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

My tracking has updated with a new status
    Dublin, Ireland 22/11/2013 15:38 Late trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Mine is the same too, haven't heard back from the MS rep who said he'd ring me but I'll post if I do. It'll be a very late delivery for me if it does arrive today.

Eyes to the sky boys, any moment now I'm expecting a UPS helicopter to **** a package through my window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

david.ol wrote: »
    Looks like we're all on the Late trailer

We could be on the Late Late trailer and there's be one for everyone in the audience :) (Sorry, I tried to resist)

Although I may have to take back some of the bad things I thought about MS and UPS today if it all works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Anyone know options if they don't make my office by 5:30 and no-ones there?
    Doubt they'd call me.

Advertisement