Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I still think we should all get a free Fifa/Forza code for the troubles

• Registered Users Posts: 23 david.ol

Just spoke to UPS, the trailer arrived late. We'll get it Monday.

Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 harry4jmjk

david.ol wrote: »
    Just spoke to UPS, the trailer arrived late. We'll get it Monday.

Bull****.

When you call them though do they seem to know what is going on? I rang them just then to see what the status of the order was, they told me that they had " a problem at Dublin Depot (her words not mine) and that they will "gladly" get it to me on Monday!

This isn't what I want!!!

Seems like the address on the package is Wexford though, so that's at least something!! :)

I'll be raging if it comes on Monday when I'm not here!! Do you suppose if I call them Sunday they may deliver it to my works address instead?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What gets me is this comment posted on Facebook this morning by a random girl who lives in Tamworth.

Georgina Mclaren
    Any 1 who has ordered an xbox 1 and is being deliverd by ups thay r goning to be late as microsoft for got to do the paperwork and wont be leaving the uk till tomorow thats cork dublin and shannon not BT post codes most of them left .

harry4jmjk wrote: »
    When you call them though do they seem to know what is going on? I rang them just then to see what the status of the order was, they told me that they had " a problem at Dublin Depot (her words not mine) and that they will "gladly" get it to me on Monday!

This isn't what I want!!!

Seems like the address on the package is Wexford though, so that's at least something!! :)

I'll be raging if it comes on Monday when I'm not here!! Do you suppose if I call them Sunday they may deliver it to my works address instead?
    The man I spoke to seemed like it was his routine reaction to a trailer arriving late which I imagine isn't all too irregular an occurrence. I didn't press him for any info on the circumstances of the delay.

Like the person I spoke with earlier, he said no changes could be made until after the first delivery attempt. This included depot collection, change of address or Saturday delivery. When I asked if Microsoft themselves could call and release the package from delivery so I collect it he said "even the shipper" cannot request such an action. (I assume Microsoft are 'the shipper')

My guess is that the only way any of us get something today, is if Microsoft kick up a fuss with UPS and judging by their involvement up until this point, I have absolutely zero faith that anyone in Microsoft is even aware the shipment has arrived in Dublin.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    What gets me is this comment posted on Facebook this morning by a random girl who lives in Tamworth.
    SRC: https://www.facebook.com/xboxie/posts/10151862515579132

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Microsoft should really step in and get them delivered tomorrow BUT seeing as they didn't bother giving UPS the consoles until yesterday I have zero faith in them doing anything useful at all

I'm pucking fissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hanlon01

info: Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
    info: Privacy Statement
    You are now chatting with 'John'.
    John: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! My name is John, how can I help you today?
    John: We have not heard from you for some time. If you do not respond in one minute the chat will close automatically. Do you still wish to continue chatting?
    You: I have to say I am extremely disappointed that I won't have my xbox one order today after taking off work to accept delivery Order number *****
    John: I would be happy to help you with your order!
    John: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
    John: Before I'd be able to discuss anything about an order I'd need to confirm some information with you. I'll need the name on the card that you used to place the order, the billing address, the phone number, your email address, and the last four digits of the card that you used.
    You: ***** name on card
    You: Billing Address: *****
    You: *****5 phone number
    You: *****
    You: last 4 digits *****
    John: Thank you.
    John: It looks like there was an issue on UPS end with a late trailer.
    You: No the issue is I have been promised all day by your colleagues that I would have delivery today and it is Microsofts fault and not UPS because these should have been shipped earlier
    John: They were good to go with UPS, we cannot account for a delivery issue once the item is given to them.
    You: Here is some of transcript from earlier today: You: at 13:17:55 Am I right in saying my order will be delivered today?Also is there a game bundled with my xbox one order? Mihai: at 13:18:22 Our managers contacted them this morning. Mihai: at 13:19:18 You get Fifa 14. And yes, it will be delivered today, exactly as we promised. Mihai: at 13:19:40 We apologize for the confusion but rest assured, nothing has changed.
    John: I am looking at your order, and I am seeing a late trailer issue by UPS, which is why it was not shipped to your home yet.
    You: This is a joke and I don't blame you personally but my day one edition is now really gonna be a day four edition because delivery will not be till Monday.What compensation can I expect?
    John: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
    John: You will need to contact UPS about any kind of compensation issues or other issues regarding their late shipment.
    You: No my order is with you so it is your responsibility to get it delivered to me today. Look I know my rights as I have worked in customer service myself and the responsibility is Microsoft store
    John: Once the item leaves the Microsoft Store warehouse, the issue is left with UPS to deliver.
    You: So the issue is now yours to deal with UPS
    You: NOT MINE
    John: I can redirect you to customer service if you like./
    You: Are you not customer service?
    John: No, I am a sales rep.
    You: Please transfer me.
    info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.
    info: Privacy Statement
    You are now chatting with 'Vin'.
    Vin: Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Store website! My name is Vin and I will be handling your case from here. Please give me 2-3 minutes to review your previous conversation.
    You: Ok Thank you Vin
    Vin: I'm sorry to hear that your having issue with your pre order shipment, however, I'll be more than happy to do my best and assist you with this one. Before we continue, can I have your full name and a good callback number?
    You: *****5
    You: I would prefer to keep conversation on this chat though
    Vin: Thank you Michael!
    Vin: I think I have an order here however it's just partially opened. For me to completely open this order, I will need to verify the Microsoft Account or the email address that you used for the order. May I have the email address please?
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ***** at the end of your chat.
    You: [email][/email]
    You: Are you still there?
    Vin: Yes, I am checking your account
    Vin: Thank you! I was able to pull your account, to verify this, I'll just need to send you a verification code and once you have it, you just have to read it back to me. I have 3 ways to send the code to you, thru your email, I can ask you to access a web to retrieve a code or I can send it to your phone also, however, if I'll send it to your phone, standard charges may apply depending on your service provider. So what will be the best option for you?
    You: email it to me
    Vin: There you go, I jsut sent you an email, can you please check it?
    Vin: Thank you! I was able to verify your account and was able to pull the order. To verify the order, may I have the last 4 digits of the credit card you used for the purchase?
    Vin: Thank you for that information!
    Vin: Since this is a replacement Xbox One Day One pre order, you will still get it today (November 22, 2013) you just have to wait till the end of day for the delivery of your product.
    You: Can you please tell me how this is going to be delivered today when shipment is in Dublin and I am on other side of the country while it is 16:34
    You: I wish you would apologise and stop making me wait at home for a delivery that is not going to happen today
    Vin: I do apologize however, since this is already on the hands of the courier, they are gonna be the one who will deliver this at the shipping address you provided. However, I assure you, they will deliver this to you, you just have to wait til end of day.
    You: I know it is not your fault and I don't want to give you a hard time but what compensation can I expect if it is not delivered today?
    Vin: We cannot provide any compensation for that, since we know here that the product will be delivered today.
    You: You must have a lot of upset customers today in Ireland which is a pity. Can I get a reference number for our conversation. Thanks. Also is there any chance I can get forza 5 instead of fifa 14 at this stage
    Vin: Since the product have been shipped, we cannot change the products that are included on it. Before I provide the case number, Is there anything else I can help you with today aside from this one?
    You: No thanks Vin I guess I will just have to wait it out for the rest of the evening.
    You: P.S. Happy Launch Day
    Vin: Thank you! I'll just send the case number on your email. Thanks again for chatting here in Microsoft Store. Have a great day ahead!

Same nonsense. Typical MS support crap. You're not getting your X1 til Monday despite what he says

• Advertisement

Yeah I know. Was just trying to push for some compo :) like free xbox live or something. What a waste of time talking to these fellas tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

First post in the XB thread I'm a PS man and have had my PS4 for teh last week but I just wanted to say that the tactics that XV are using is nothing short of disgraceful I hope they are fined HEAVILY for this. Hope all that got their XB1's are enjoying your first day of next gen gaming.

W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Why is everyone whinging about Xtravision?

All you had to do was buy a play and charge kit that you are going to need anyway.

If you insist on using batteries instead, you've blown my mind.

Hope everyone's enjoying their consoles. I don't get one until the 15th of December, but knowing Gamestop that'll be the 15th of January.

People are complaining because it's extortion

Doomofman wrote: »
    People are complaining because it's extortion

Making you buy something you'll most likely buy anyway?

That's extortion?

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Mine was just deliver by UPS I ordered from MS

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »
    Mine was just deliver by UPS I ordered from MS

Where are you, and what did the UPS tracking say before it showed up?

Good for you finno where are you located?

Why is everyone whinging about Xtravision?

All you had to do was buy a play and charge kit that you are going to need anyway.

If you insist on using batteries instead, you've blown my mind.

Hope everyone's enjoying their consoles. I don't get one until the 15th of December, but knowing Gamestop that'll be the 15th of January.

What if you've been saving all year to get it for your kid and dont have anything extra to get their forced sale. It's illegal plain and simple.

Finglas and my tracking was the same as everyone else

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement

finno wrote: »
    Finglas and my tracking was the same as everyone else

That gives me some hope

i just checked my tracking and its still saying it's in Dublin with the status 'Late Trailer'

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    What if you've been saving all year to get it for your kid and dont have anything extra to get their forced sale. It's illegal plain and simple.

They didn't force you to buy 15 packets of tissues, a bar of chocolate, and some cigarettes.

You bought something that you would be buying at a later date anyway.

Try not to get so emotional about it and instead do something.

They didn't force you to buy 15 packets of tissues, a bar of chocolate, and some cigarettes.

You bought something that you would be buying at a later date anyway.

Try not to get so emotional about it and instead do something.

They still forced you to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Making you buy something you'll most likely buy anyway?

That's extortion?

Sure.

No charger packs in my store and my friend already had the games he wanted ordered from VGC, so he was forced to spend an extra €70 on something he did not need before they would give him his console, a console that he had already paid for.

Yes that is extortion, so come back when your logic is a little better.

Xenji wrote: »
    No charger packs in my store and my friend already had the games wanted orders from VGC, so he was forced to spend an extra €70 on something he did not need before they would give him his console, that he had already paid for.

It a terrible idea and there should be some consequences for the people that thought it was a "good" idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks for the info finno, gives the rest of us a bit of hope. I'm onto MS live chat right now and the rep told me it would be delivered in the afternoon until the evening, just told her it is almost 6pm here will it still be delivered and she said she needs to verify. I'm still thinking I probably won't get it tonight because I'm so far from Dublin.

Xenji wrote: »
    No charger packs in my store and my friend already had the games he wanted ordered from VGC, so he was forced to spend an extra €70 on something he did not need before they would give him his console, a console that he had already paid for.

Nothing wrong with my logic.

You're sitting on an internet forum whinging about something instead of going back to the store and kicking up a stink.

I think the lack of logic resides on your side of the fence bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nothing wrong with my logic.

You're sitting on an internet forum whinging about something instead of going back to the store and kicking up a stink.

I think the lack of logic resides on your side of the fence bud.

I have been back to the store with my friend, nothing can be done on their end, but he has been in contact with trading standards and has brought it to the attention of the Joe Duffy show, hopefully if more people know about and kick up a fuss then it will not happen with the PS4 launch, but that is not likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just got tweeted this from Irish times journo

@ciaraobrien: @peteed @liamog @MicrosoftStore will pass that on - asked Microsoft people in studio and they said that you should have had them today

Advertisement