Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Just got told by a rep on the MS live chat that they will be delivering until 10pm tonight, so maybe there is still a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

More horrible waiting, not knowing

Doomofman wrote: »
    More horrible waiting, not knowing
    Yeah, I've been in the house all day today not wanting to leave in case the UPS site was wrong and it arrived, I'm seriously bored right now too.

The rep also told me to call them if it doesn't arrive after 10pm and they will escalate it and get on to UPS, so anyone who doesn't get it should do that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Making you buy something you'll most likely buy anyway?

That's extortion?

Sure.

Its making people pay for something they didnt ask for with their preorder. Its also illegal and changing the terms of the original purchase. Stop trolling the forum with your non helpful posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nothing wrong with my logic.

There is though. You shouldn't force people to buy stuff they didn't order, to get the thing they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

my ups now says

Exception

Change Delivery
    Request Status Updates
    Last Location:
    Dublin, Ireland, Friday, 11/22/2013

peteeeed wrote: »
    my ups now says

Last Location:
    Dublin, Ireland, Friday, 11/22/2013
    and there is no mention of 25/11.13 delivery

Mines been like that since like 3.30 today when the trailer showed up in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15 harry4jmjk

Do we reckon they'll be delivered tonight?

Sounds to me like more claptrap from Microsoft Store (I'll take that back if it eventually does get delivered) living in Wexford, that's 2 hours away from Dublin on a good day!

Anyone else had their's delivered?

UPS tracking has deleted the date of 25/11/2013 End of Day.

Waiting in all day has me feeling all Cabin Feverish!

Be worth it if it arrives though!!! :)

Yeah, I'm in Castlebar so even further than you, I'm remaining optimistic that I'll receive it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Mines been like that since like 3.30 today when the trailer showed up in Dublin
    Same with my play and charge kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Dublin area and nothing here yet.

I'll post back if it arrives tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just to anyone that has gotten their xbox one ? Is it worth it ? After reading the thread all day and with all the problems occurring I'm really considering cancelling my preorder ? What do you all think ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just to anyone that has gotten their xbox one ? Is it worth it ? After reading the thread all day and with all the problems occurring I'm really considering cancelling my preorder ? What do you all think ?

Mine works great, really liking FIFA, and that's from someone who last bought a FIFA game in the 90's.

The kinect works superbly. I'm surprised at few times that I have to repeat myself.

I'd recommend it. I'd also recommend waiting a year, buying it then and enjoying a years worth of games. That's advice that I always give out, but don't necessarily follow myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »

It's absolutely class. Very responsive, very quite, stays cool. Games look amazing, BF4 looks as good as BF3 did on very high settings on PC with the extra settings such as 64 players and extra vehicles. Voice commands work flawlessly. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Making you buy something you'll most likely buy anyway?

That's extortion?

Sure.

If i had paid a month ago with Xtra Vision or HMV and went in to buy it today i would not have had the money as i don't get paid till next week.

So they would have said no you can't get it.

And yes you would have bought anyway but say XV charge €80 for a game and shop down the road is charging €60 which are you going to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks catinthebox and dalad. Mine will be available to collect on the 6th from xtravision :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

My tracking number had scheduled delivery for Monday has just been updated to being delivered today.

Its so late though there's no chance of it getting here even though Im 10 mins from their Finglas depot

miju wrote: »
    My tracking number had scheduled delivery for Monday has just been updated to being delivered today.

Its so late though there's no chance of it getting here even though Im 10 mins from their Finglas depot

MS rep told me they will be delivering until 10pm so you should get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I'm delighted with it too, switching between everything is fluid and fast. Kinect is pretty damn cool and mowing down thousands of zombies with no slow down is deadly, i'm loving dead rising 3. Fifa is great too.

Latest tweet from xbox support

@XboxSupport2: Arg, that's is frustrating. I'm afraid we're going to have to ask for your patience on it though. It is super appreciated ^JN

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dor83 wrote: »
    MS rep told me they will be delivering until 10pm so you should get it.

Its now changed back to its previous state this time with no delivery date.

Not looking good again

miju wrote: »
    Its now changed back to its previous state this time with no delivery date.

Not looking good again
    No Idea mate, I'd say there is still some hope for people in Dublin but no hope at all for people further out like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Still. Not checked in parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Did anyone get theirs delivered by the Microsoft store? Still waiting around given up hope now

Still nothing here. Have given up myself. Guess I'll wait til Monday. Such a disappointment from Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Did anyone get theirs delivered by the Microsoft store? Still waiting around given up hope now

Yep i got mine around 5:30 I'm in the Finglas area

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Just got mine now. Wasn't a UPS van though so keep an eye out... My pizza arrived at the same time though so I must eat first

Just got mine now. Wasn't a UPS van though so keep an eye out... My pizza arrived at the same time though so I must eat first

Wow , nice one , what did you get on it ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 david.ol

Where in Dublin are you?

• Advertisement

david.ol wrote: »
    Where in Dublin are you?

Artane. D5.

Advertisement