Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

i did the survey and based it on the whole end to end process.
    No emails, no contact, no console. Last time i order anything from them.
    Yeah I did the same, plus I wrote a quite lengthy amount in the boxes they had at the bottom asking why I rated the way I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Anyone know how long Gamestop are holding pre-orders for?

Anyone know how long Gamestop are holding pre-orders for?

2 days as far as I know.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is a load of ****, same thing happened to my friend last night and he was told it was thought up by the head of the company, heard from another friend at lunch that he was told Microsoft forced them to do it, which is more ****.
    Killinator wrote: »
    If this is true for hmv aswell(I haven't been to work yet today) please bear in mind as of 10 o 'clock last night we(the staff) were unaware of this policy and I agree it's an absolute disgrace.

But given how the management( top management/not store management) wanted to treat pre order customers I'm not overly surprised!

Friend is in the process of getting his money back and staff aren't making it easy on him. Really shocked by how they've treated customers. Went into Smyths to look for a console and they called Xtravision's policy "total bull****. My friend wont have an XboxOne before Christmas but he'd sooner wait than let Xtravision away with the crap they're trying to pull

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Its fairly handy to get an Xbox One before christmas tbh

One of the lads only pre ordered his last week in gamestop and was told it's confirmed before christmas and most likely early december. All current pre orders are for before christmas right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

I would advise anyone who is unhappy with the Hmv/Xtra-vision policy to complain to consumer affairs or Joe Duffy or put it all over their fb page, and I say that as a staff member of the 3 letter store.

Its the only way of letting those in control of policies like that, that it's just not good enough and is whittling down any bit of good will either store had with its consumers.

All the ACTUAL staff in our store were appalled by the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'm happy for everyone that got their xbox one today, I hope you are all enjoying them!

For those still waiting for MS \ UPS to deliver, do you think they are going to deliver tomorrow? I can't see anything on the UPS site

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I'm happy for everyone that got their xbox one today, I hope you are all enjoying them!

For those still waiting for MS \ UPS to deliver, do you think they are going to deliver tomorrow? I can't see anything on the UPS site

thanks

Saw a ups tweet
    @UPSHelp: @BadBarrister Unfortunatley, no. :( The next delivery day is on Monday, Nov 25, 2013. ^LK @UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Lads where do I buy this live subscription?

thanks

During my last conversation with a MS rep, after being told it was going to be Monday I asked about tomorrow and I was told in no uncertain terms that it would not be delivered tomorrow. Given that and the fact that UPS would charge extra for it, I would not expect it tomorrow but then they were telling me all day that I would receive it today.

EDIT: just saw peteeeeds post, no chance at all then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would advise anyone who is unhappy with the Hmv/Xtra-vision policy to complain to consumer affairs or Joe Duffy or put it all over their fb page, and I say that as a staff member of the 3 letter store.

Its the only way of letting those in control of policies like that, that it's just not good enough and is whittling down any bit of good will either store had with its consumers.

My friend was on to one of Joe Duffy's researchers today and they are very interested in the story and would be looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

PinkFly wrote: »
    Lads where do I buy this live subscription?

I think there's a week free in the box on a slip to be scanned with Kinect....

Failing that, maybe one of the online code stores you can buy them, I think Amazon are fairly cheap at the moment, and some sellers may instantly email you the code...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

And you lads are the ones who will get it in the neck from customers as well.

I used to work for Xtravision and the stuff that used to come down from head office was baffling most of the time, they literally haven't a clue about gaming and probably didn't think anyone would mind, I bet they thought "Sure you need a game to use the console!".

Nothing worse than a customer going off on a rant and all you can say is "I agree with you but I can't do anything."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    And you lads are the ones who will get it in the neck from customers as well.

I used to work for Xtravision and the stuff that used to come down from head office was baffling most of the time, they literally haven't a clue about gaming and probably didn't think anyone would mind, I bet they thought "Sure you need a game to use the console!".

Nothing worse than a customer going off on a rant and all you can say is "I agree with you but I can't do anything."

yeah i bet the staff will get terrible abuse by this! sadly, a customer has nobody to let their anger out on but the staff.

do you think they will get rid of this bull**** before friday?(i shouldnt be mentioning ps4 here, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Xenji wrote: »
    My friend was on to one of Joe Duffy's researchers today and they are very interested in the story and would be looking into it.

Great to see Joe getting involved, should be sorted in no time so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

MarkY91 wrote: »
    do you think they will get rid of this bull**** before friday?(i shouldnt be mentioning ps4 here, right?)

I fear it will be the same policy unless perhaps the Company receive a public backlash against it( if there's no backlash then they'll think they're on a winner).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

That's it. We need a public backlash. As the money for the game is quite small. Not really worth going to the small claims for. It's still has to be legally wrong. Maybe they will do a Uturn if enough pressure is applied to them.

Let start the process of official complaints. If people can go here http://www.consumerhelp.ie/complain-to-a-business

Most of us that preordered there did so to support them. As they did feel like a risk. And they done that to us. I will never use them again.

well folks just had mine delivered by ups, talking to the fella , sounds like they will try and deliver them all today if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

peteeeed wrote: »
    well folks just had mine delivered by ups, sounds like, talking to the fella , sounds like they will try and deliver them all today if possible

Bet your glad you were up early and didn't miss him.

Davexirl wrote: »
    Bet your glad you were up early and didn't miss him.

yeah , he rang my phone , i was conked out , nice bit of OT for him , said he never works saturdays but was given a van full of xbox one's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 hanlon01

well folks just had mine delivered by ups, sounds like, talking to the fella , sounds like they will try and deliver them all today if possible

Nice one, where you located? I guess this means another day of waiting for me in Tralee. Although I don't have much hope it will arrive.

hanlon01 wrote: »
    Nice one, where you located? I guess this means another day of waiting for me in Tralee. Although I don't have much hope it will arrive.

bray , id say i'm the first , not a clue where's he's headed , you would like to think its more than one guy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hanlon01

Enjoy your xbox, I have to say at this point I am kinda sorry I didn't wait till next year to purchase next gen, hopefully when I receive a shiny new xbox I will change my mind.

hanlon01 wrote: »
    Enjoy your xbox, I have to say at this point I am kinda sorry I didn't wait till next year to purchase next gen, hopefully when I receive a shiny new xbox I will change my mind.

looks the business so far , unpacking but that for a another thread , kind of funny that the first booklet inside says ; welcome to day one, you are one of the first to experience ' how about DAY 2 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

bray , id say i'm the first , not a clue where's he's headed , you would like to think its more than one guy
    That's promising. I'm in Ballybrack, so mine could be on that van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

just been onto ups, who are no help whatsoever until i kicked off a bit.
    Told him ppl are receiving them today and he said it was impossible so you must be lying about receiving today :rolleyes:
    Managed to get him to tell the depot to call me, dont think it will do much as its my work address delivery but we'll see. Not giving up on these fckers.

just been onto ups, who are no help whatsoever until i kicked off a bit.
    Told him ppl are receiving them today and he said it was impossible so you must be lying about receiving today :rolleyes:
    Managed to get him to tell the depot to call me, dont think it will do much as its my work address delivery but we'll see. Not giving up on these fckers.

The ups guy told me all he's got in his van is xbox's and he never gets to work Saturday , he's on OT . Maybe the guy in the office doesn't know , I'd hold tight today just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

yeah , he rang my phone , i was conked out , nice bit of OT for him , said he never works saturdays but was given a van full of xbox one's

So you have his number then...

ch750536 wrote: »
    So you have his number then...

ups weren't born yesterday, its was 'no caller ID'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Did your tracking info update before it arrived?

Advertisement