Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

dor83 wrote: »
    No idea mate, but it's free and it doesn't exactly take long to put the code in so you might as well. Now I need to figure out if I can change the order my games are downloaded, want FIFA first but I changed to wireless and it stopped and went to the end again.

EDIT: Figured it out, I'm a bit slow and didn't think about pressing the menu button.

You can start playin Fifa at 25% :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

bizz213 wrote: »
    You can start playin Fifa at 25% :-)

I had forgotten about that, it's 17% now so should be able to play it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

I had forgotten about that, it's 17% now so should be able to play it soon.

Its just exhibition games with a few team choices but passes the waiting time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just in case anyone who got FIFA edition doesn't know, there are two codes on it, one for the game and one for the pack, when I scanned it it only said game so I manually entered the code for the pack and it worked, not sure if you need to do that but they don't usually work a 2nd time so I'm thinking scanning the code only downloads the game. I might be wrong but it's better to be safe and enter it anyway.

Yeah same for the Forza day one edition. The QR code scan enters the full game code but it doesn't enter the Day one content code which I had to enter manually.

Btw, delighted a lot of you guys are receiving your Xbox, I felt your pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

DaLad wrote: »
    Yeah same for the Forza day one edition. The QR code scan enters the full game code but it doesn't enter the Day one content code which I had to enter manually.

I had to do the same, however, the day ona car pack didnt work, has it worked for you?

I read somewhere there is an issue at the moment with Car packs and VIP codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Need to download a few Forza Updates But Been flat out since i got set up yesterday

Load of bollix the way gamestop changed the " buy 2 and 3rd half price " to " Buy 1 Collectors edition and a normal game and get 3rd half price"

Had 50€ paid off i forgot about so was happy :D

Bohrio wrote: »
    I had to do the same, however, the day ona car pack didnt work, has it worked for you?

I read somewhere there is an issue at the moment with Car packs and VIP codes

Well the code entered and downloaded but I never checked in game to see if it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nightline just delivered mine (Balbriggan). Very nice bloke, said he had been on the road all morning and had a van load to drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 harry4jmjk

Xbox delivered here in rosslare, co. Wexford! Day two edition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone one with Amazon still have the status set at Preparing to Dispatch ??? :confused:

It's been sat on that for nearly 2 days now, hoping it's just due to volume of orders :(

• Advertisement

bizz213 wrote: »
    What do you get from the pack code?

A pack of cards for Ultimate Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone one with Amazon still have the status set at Preparing to Dispatch ??? :confused:

It's been sat on that for nearly 2 days now, hoping it's just due to volume of orders :(

Have you used Amazon Chat to see what the problem is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have you used Amazon Chat to see what the problem is?

Went out and arrived back to an email with an eta for delivery of wednesday :pac:

Much sooner than i was expecting given my order was only placed at the end of october.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

calex71 wrote: »
    Went out and arrived back to an email with an eta for delivery of wednesday :pac:

Much sooner than i was expecting given my order was only placed at the end of october.

I made my order from Amazon.it last Sunday and it dispatched for delivery on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, what are the options regarding getting an Xbox One and what sort of time scale am I looking at? I've asked a few people but can't seem to get a proper, definitive answer anywhere. Most have told me to probably forget about it until January though.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, what are the options regarding getting an Xbox One and what sort of time scale am I looking at? I've asked a few people but can't seem to get a proper, definitive answer anywhere. Most have told me to probably forget about it until January though.

Cheers.

Pre order with GameStop and you'll likely get one pre Christmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone get their console from Gamestop in Tallaght?
    How did it go?
    Were they quick getting people in and out?

Heading up there myself on thursday midnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone insterested in this whole XV thing - The Gaming Liberty are going to be on Matt Coopers The Last Word talking about it in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Poor from xtravision! Delighted they are getting terrible pr out of this. And now they are saying they won't force people buying the ps4 into buying an extra game for that launch. Looks like lessons learned

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

So apparently they are after giving Matt Cooper a one liner statement today saying they arent going to be doing the same on Friday for the PS4 launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Anyone here order from amazon actually get the console on Friday thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Evilbart wrote: »
    Anyone here order from amazon actually get the console on Friday thanks

Yep - Arrived at 16.36 friday afternoon - I paid extra for 2-day delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Yep - Arrived at 16.36 friday afternoon - I paid extra for 2-day delivery

Ah great thanks for the reply I also payed 2 day delivery for my ps4 and hope to get it by Friday,do you know when it dispatched,hope you are enjoying xbox one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Evilbart wrote: »
    Ah great thanks for the reply I also payed 2 day delivery for my ps4 and hope to get it by Friday,do you know when it dispatched,hope you are enjoying xbox one thanks

I am indeed, very impressive machine that will only get better.

I was very nervous last week about whether I would get my delivery on friday, but they delivered as promised:-)

P.s. Was dispatched on Thursday evening via UPS. The delivery goes through Germany from east midlands airport in England for some reason.
    Arrival to your home depends on where you live, my UPS guy seems to cover my house at the same time each day, as this wasn`t the only delivery i`ve received from UPS at that time this year. A friend of mine in Carlow got his at 10.30 am (I live in Dublin 15)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Still haven't got mine, it was supposed to arrive Friday but the trailer was late. Then today there was no sign of it, rang UPS who said there were no contact info on the address MS provided them so they brought it back to the warehouse! I checked my order and all my contact info was there.

Maybe my day 5 Xbox will arrive tomorrow :(

Um8M759.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

DaLad wrote: »
    Um8M759.png

too little too late

peteeeed wrote: »
    too little too late

Yup, sure is!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I've just pre ordered with Gamestop, what's the chances of it arriving before Christmas?

• Advertisement

I've just pre ordered with Gamestop, what's the chances of it arriving before Christmas?

Well the massive banner on their website says pre-order now and receive in time for Christmas so I'd say chances are good :D

My friend only pre-ordered his in Xtravision last week and he's getting his the 12th or so.

Advertisement