Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rob808 wrote: »
    Oh ok buy my ps3 at Smyth on launch in blachardstown and they didn't but that was along time ago wonder what kinda bundle shops will do since MS don t wanna do bundles :eek:

They did a midnight launch for FIFA recently, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a midnight launch for the XBOX One and PS4.

When they announced the FIFA midnight opening I checked the store list to see the place I pre-ordered mine was opening - it was, and I was happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

There's a big difference in opening at Midnight for a game worth €60 and a console launch worth €500+

From a security point of view it's a non runner I reckon.

I'd say an 8am opening will be the way they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

From what I've been told, for Gamestops midnight launch its invite only and there'll be security at the door for the event. Makes sense considering the money involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

madcabbage wrote: »
    From what I've been told, for Gamestops midnight launch its invite only and there'll be security at the door for the event. Makes sense considering the money involved!
    Well that good wouldn't bring much money either way don't know if xtravision doing mid night launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

As I am a complete jackass and kept putting off pre ordering a console :rolleyes: Could anyone recommend somewhere I could still pre order one or am I too late? Also am I right in thinking that all the non day one editions come with a soft copy of Forza 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Also am I right in thinking that all the non day one editions come with a soft copy of Forza 5?

Afraid not. There was a choice of day ones with fifa, or day ones with forza. The 'standard edition' comes with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Jast pre-ordered from Smyths in Carrickmines, Dublin. Not the day One edition but comes with Forza.

6 weeks and two days away, itching I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

6 weeks and two days away, itching I am!

Wish I had the cash to get it on release but sadly its looking like a 2014 purchase for me.

logik wrote: »
    Wish I had the cash to get it on release but sadly its looking like a 2014 purchase for me.

ordered it in the summer and been putting a hundred on a gift card every pay day since. have 400 on it now, and will have it at the 500 mark at the end of this month, so on the day I only have to find the cash for an extra game or two and a controller. Makes it a bit easier to do, though it is all the same really.

Will probably look to sell my PS3 in the next few weeks (have to finish Last of Us and Uncharted 3 first!) and then maybe my 360 around christmas - depending on whether I like Pro Evo 2014 or Fifa 14 (next gen) more. Should generate some cash to pay back the console purchase.

• Advertisement

ordered it in the summer and been putting a hundred on a gift card every pay day since. have 400 on it now, and will have it at the 500 mark at the end of this month, so on the day I only have to find the cash for an extra game or two and a controller. Makes it a bit easier to do, though it is all the same really.

Will probably look to sell my PS3 in the next few weeks (have to finish Last of Us and Uncharted 3 first!) and then maybe my 360 around christmas - depending on whether I like Pro Evo 2014 or Fifa 14 (next gen) more. Should generate some cash to pay back the console purchase.

Clever! But with a mortgage and car etc, its not that easy :(

I will get BF4 on the Xbox360 and that will get me into the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Ranjo wrote: »
    Not the day One edition but comes with Forza.
    I wish the day one editions came with forza :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Ranjo wrote: »
    Jast pre-ordered from Smyths in Carrickmines, Dublin. Not the day One edition but comes with Forza.

Cool, Thanks. I might try the two Smyths stores down here! Would love to get a copy of forza thrown in since its the first game I was planning to get anyway, followed by Titanfall :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wexdevil wrote: »
    I wish the day one editions came with forza :(

I pre-ordered a day one edition in Smyths and they said I can have a choice of Fifa 14 OR Forza on the day of release. Not sure how they'll work that as I thought Fifa came on a code in the box :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DaLad wrote: »
    I pre-ordered a day one edition in Smyths and they said I can have a choice of Fifa 14 OR Forza on the day of release. Not sure how they'll work that as I thought Fifa came on a code in the box :/

I doubt that any codes will be in the box. They will probably just hand them out with your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm hoping it will be the same with gamestop but they have no information about it so I'm not getting my hopes too high

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I doubt that any codes will be in the box. They will probably just hand them out with your console.

Yeah the FIFA 14 is a digital download aka a code.

I just read this, saying FIFA 14 pre-orders were full and new pre-orders from the date of the article were getting FORZA 5 instead so maybe Smyths are just a bit relaxed about which game you can have. I'd prefer Forza anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

pre ordered mine in august in smyths carrickmines, was told i was something like 24th on the list so i presume mine is day one with fifa. better be cause thats the only game i want, do u guys reckon i'l need to go back up and pre order an extra controller or would they be easily picked up on launch morning?

blink44 wrote: »
    pre ordered mine in august in smyths carrickmines, was told i was something like 24th on the list so i presume mine is day one with fifa. better be cause thats the only game i want, do u guys reckon i'l need to go back up and pre order an extra controller or would they be easily picked up on launch morning?
    I say it be easy enough and make sure you get a play and charge kit greed MS and there add ons:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Anyone heard of any good deals on Xbox1's?

• Advertisement

2009_ wrote: »
    Nah not really MS not doing bundles other than day one people getting standard get Notting which suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

2009_ wrote: »
    Still to be announced by retailers. When it gets close to launch retailers will make their own bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Still to be announced by retailers. When it gets close to launch retailers will make their own bundles.

Preordered on 2nd October. And told this week that will be probably after Christmas at earliest before I see one. Hoping that gamestop are exaggerating with me but maybe not. Anyone heard anything about any preorders since September going to be honoured on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Preordered on 2nd October. And told this week that will be probably after Christmas at earliest before I see one. Hoping that gamestop are exaggerating with me but maybe not. Anyone heard anything about any preorders since September going to be honoured on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

That's not the case at all, I'd suggest popping back in and clearing it up. At one stage, when the pre orders were slow enough people looked like having a choice on the day but now both editions are booked up.

irishchris wrote: »

Smyths pre orders are still guaranteed before Christmas, not necessarily launch day though. Couldn't be that great a divide between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

niallon wrote: »
    Smyths pre orders are still guaranteed before Christmas, not necessarily launch day though. Couldn't be that great a divide between the two.

Quick question as you seem to know what the deal is with Smyths.
    I pre-ordered with them before FIFA/Forza deals were announced, am I wrong to assume I'm on the list for one of them?

mcgovern wrote: »
    Quick question as you seem to know what the deal is with Smyths.
    I pre-ordered with them before FIFA/Forza deals were announced, am I wrong to assume I'm on the list for one of them?

If you ordered before early September as far as I remember, you're Fifa. After that it's Forza. If you were given the impression you could choose on the day that's wrong, as the Forza packs are booked out now.

Go in and check what date you're down for is my best advice.

EDIT: Now that I think about it properly, if you're down for it since before Fifa was announced you're down for Fifa. If you don't want Fifa though, I'd imagine there's plenty of parents would happily swap bundles given the lack of interest I'm seeing regarding the Forza bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gman0174

Watch dogs has been pushed back till next spring! That was my chosen game! Looks like Dead Rising 3 now....

• Advertisement

Gman0174 wrote: »
    Watch dogs has been pushed back till next spring! That was my chosen game! Looks like Dead Rising 3 now....

Shame alright but would rather it was pushed back to get the game right rather than release the game when it was not finished.

Advertisement