Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gman0174

I guess it is good to have something to look forward to. Remember with the 360 launch, waiting months for Oblivion to come out. Always a dry few month right after a console launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

niallon wrote: »
    If you ordered before early September as far as I remember, you're Fifa. After that it's Forza. If you were given the impression you could choose on the day that's wrong, as the Forza packs are booked out now.

Go in and check what date you're down for is my best advice.

EDIT: Now that I think about it properly, if you're down for it since before Fifa was announced you're down for Fifa. If you don't want Fifa though, I'd imagine there's plenty of parents would happily swap bundles given the lack of interest I'm seeing regarding the Forza bundle

I'm happy with FIFA, I was just worried that as I hadn't specified a preference they wouldn't give me either.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Tweeted Gamestop the other day to find out what the story was with Fifa\Forza and pre-orders,and their response;

"No further information at this time"

Trust Gamestop to leave it this late :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

niallon wrote: »
    If you ordered before early September as far as I remember, you're Fifa. After that it's Forza. If you were given the impression you could choose on the day that's wrong, as the Forza packs are booked out now.

Go in and check what date you're down for is my best advice.

EDIT: Now that I think about it properly, if you're down for it since before Fifa was announced you're down for Fifa. If you don't want Fifa though, I'd imagine there's plenty of parents would happily swap bundles given the lack of interest I'm seeing regarding the Forza bundle

Forza for free was announced on Sept 9th (10th) so it be tough to pick up Fifa 14 after that date, i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Shopto got in some more day one Forza editions so i went with them. Only thing is they charge 22 pounds for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Not sure what the demand for xbox 1 is but gamestop in the parkway in limerick are back taking orders

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Anybody getting confirmation emails for the xbox 1 from online orders at GS yet? I notice they have started sending out the emails for the PS4

Ronan wrote: »
    Anybody getting confirmation emails for the xbox 1 from online orders at GS yet? I notice they have started sending out the emails for the PS4

Yep

I got it this morning.
    We are delighted to confirm you will be receiving your order for the Xbox One Console on the launch date of the 22th November 2013.

The Xbox One will be shipped out to you by courier and payment will be taken on the date of shipment.

Please make sure that someone is present at the delivery address to sign for the delivery. If nobody is at the address you may miss out on having your order on the launch date.

If you have any questions or queries about your order or delivery please do not hesitate to contact us at hello@gamestop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Grand, Ordered mine June 21st so would hope to get an email soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

hardweir wrote: »
    Tweeted Gamestop the other day to find out what the story was with Fifa\Forza and pre-orders,and their response;

"No further information at this time"

Trust Gamestop to leave it this late :mad:

I spoke to the manager in Mullingar today and he said that they are getting no information from Micro$oft reps about quantities of day one consoles and total consoles, whereas they have all the info on the PS4:mad:

• Advertisement

amazon Germany have standards editions with Forza in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Anyone know where's the best place to get cod ghosts hardened edition? dont want to pay 120euro for it at GS...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

podgemk wrote: »
    Anyone know where's the best place to get cod ghosts hardened edition? dont want to pay 120euro for it at GS...
    Well you could chance play Asia .com preorders hasn't open let probably be abit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Traded in pretty much all my 360 games into Xtravision and got €240 off the console, so pretty pleased about that. Thinking Forza, Fifa & Battlefield at launch? Although realised I'll be working in the UK when it's released, damn.

Are playasia reliable ? Look sort of dodgy. they have xbox one games for €43. Seems too good to be true ? And does anyone know how much shipping to Ireland is ?

Are playasia reliable ? Look sort of dodgy. they have xbox one games for €43. Seems too good to be true ? And does anyone know how much shipping to Ireland is ?

Well some people have order off them so yea there reliable but you migth be waiting 7 to 10 days for delivery there coming from Hong Kong.

Wouldn't mind too much FIFA and battlefield would keep me occupied from launch. How much is the shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jbodkin

Hey.

Im assuming im too late to pre-order a Day One Edition anywhere? Is there anywhere i'd be guaranteed to get a standard edition on launch day? Would I be able to trade in my xbox 360 with the red rings of death?

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't mind too much FIFA and battlefield would keep me occupied from launch. How much is the shipping?
    I say €5 to €7 so no more than €50 it better than 65-70 here you can also try videogamesplus there also suppose to be good €47 with delivery.

jbodkin wrote: »
    Hey.

Im assuming im too late to pre-order a Day One Edition anywhere? Is there anywhere i'd be guaranteed to get a standard edition on launch day? Would I be able to trade in my xbox 360 with the red rings of death?

Thanks in advance.
    The Xbox 360 try cash converters doh don't think they give you much for it . I say it be hard finding anywhere now for a launch Xbox 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hey.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to pretend you're being serious, LOL NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

DaLad wrote: »
    I'm going to pretend you're being serious, LOL NO.

HMV Henry St had a few left this morning.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    HMV Henry St had a few left this morning.

In case you hadn't noticed. I had highlighted the part where they asked could they trade in an Xbox 360 with the RRoD...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hey.

Thanks in advance.

argos
    can't pre order it, first come first serve
    but theirs 3 in town, one in jervis,illac and stephens green shipping centre

you wil most likely get one

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jbodkin

Cheers for the replies. Aside from the smart ass of course. DaLad obviously im not looking to get much for it but figured someone might throw me a few quid and possibly try and repair it themselves. Thanks anyways though, Have a wonderful evening.

Cheers for the replies. Aside from the smart ass of course. DaLad obviously im not looking to get much for it but figured someone might throw me a few quid and possibly try and repair it themselves. Thanks anyways though, Have a wonderful evening.

Well you said trade in. You can of course try to sell it on Adverts.ie or e-Bay and hope to get 20-30euro from it. Or you could break it, as in sell off the controllers, HDD & power brick/lead from it separately as well as sell the RRoD'd console itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Hey.

Thanks in advance.

Gamestop, had a notice up that all pre-orders after 5th of September is not guaranteed. But there still taking pre-orders, but you go on a reserve list. I think it be hard to get one now, but you can try, but make sure you ask is guaranteed on the 22th of November?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Gamestop, had a notice up that all pre-orders after 5th of September is not guaranteed. But there still taking pre-orders, but you go on a reserve list. I think it be hard to get one now, but you can try, but make sure you ask is guaranteed on the 22th of November?

I preordered 5 weeks ago with gamestop and told not likely to get it on release day but hopefully before Christmas. Still hoping though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well to give you a measure of worth for it , I was offered €45 cash or €65 credit in Gamestop for a fully working 120gb Elite. Needless to say I declined the kind offer.

• Advertisement

I have a 250 gb Xbox that I will probably just give away to some mother who can't afford to get her child a console for Xmas. I'd feel a lot better doing it this way than being ripped off by GameStop.

Advertisement