Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic forecast

Options
  • 23-08-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

The picnic just been sold out completely meaning 35,000 people including me will be on the way if not already at stradbally this time next week! What's the verdict on the weather? I hear its to improve into sunny conditions again :cool::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Might see you there so! Forecast is currently looking very good and the trend has remained, if not improved over the past few days. no heatwave but currently looking like some decent amounts of sun, light winds, temps in the low 20's during the day and coolish night....perfect festival weather!!! And dry for the preceeding few days or so which means not much, if any mud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

highdef wrote: »
    Might see you there so! Forecast is currently looking very good and the trend has remained, if not improved over the past few days. no heatwave but currently looking like some decent amounts of sun, light winds, temps in the low 20's during the day and coolish night....perfect festival weather!!! And dry for the preceeding few days or so which means not much, if any mud :D

All of the above better be true or we will hunt you down.

I can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

After reading both MTs and met eireanns forecast today am I right in saying its changed a bit for rain possible at times?

Well the forecast for Saturday (based on the latest runs) does not look so good at all!!! Really hoping things do change as would not fancy a cool wet day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Gazebos are €20 in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Well the forecast for Saturday (based on the latest runs) does not look so good at all!!! Really hoping things do change as would not fancy a cool wet day!

It seems to be changing with every model run so I wouldn't give up hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15 freelance2013

Are the gazebos allowed? I know back in the days when Oxegen was good they weren't allowed in. That €20 Argos one seems good.

Just reserved one there - should be essential if it rains. No one else is allowed under it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Are the gazebos allowed? I know back in the days when Oxegen was good they weren't allowed in. That €20 Argos one seems good.

Just reserved one there - should be essential if it rains. No one else is allowed under it though.

There are always several gazebos in the campsites & have brought in a few myself over the years but with it being sold out they could take it off you coz they say they take up space. This used to happen back in the day when it sold out all the time but you'd still see them in campsites so my advice would be maybe not to have it on show real obvious on the way in but even so you should be fine :)

Forecast appears to be improving somewhat over recent runs.....hopefully this will continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 freelance2013

It's going to be fierce mild according to Met:

Headline : Overall, a good deal of dry weather for the rest of the week, but with some patchy rain or a few showers at times. Mild at first, but turning cooler and fresher over the weekend.

Thursday night: Mostly dry on Thursday night with clear periods but some patchy mist or possibly fog developing in places.

Friday : Dry in many central and eastern areas at first on Friday, but scattered outbreaks of rain in western areas will spread eastwards during the day but rainfall will be light and patchy and many southern and eastern areas will hold mostly dry and brighter weather with a few showers will develop in the west and north later. Breezy in western and northern areas and top temperatures 17 to 20 degrees.

Weekend : Fresher and cooler conditions expected over the weekend especially in western and northern areas, where it will be breezy also. Many areas will be dry, but some scattered showers likely on Saturday in the west and north, where there may also be some patchy rain and drizzle later Sunday. Afternoon temperatures of 14 to 17 degrees coolest in northwestern areas, where it will be windy at times

Further outlook: Early indications suggest mild, humid breezy conditions developing on Monday and Tuesday with some patchy rain in more northwestern and northern areas at times, but mostly dry elsewhere with the chance of some warm sunny spells at times in southern and southeastern areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement