Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Orientation 2013

Options
  • 23-08-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Anybody else really nervous about this? I really don't want to go.

Does anyone know what we'll be doing? Are we allowed drink while staying because that'll probably be the only way for me to relax :p

Also, is anyone else bringing their parents to the Welcome Meal? I don't want to be the only one with them there haha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I was there last year and there was no drinking allowed. It's not worth worrying about, you will be touring the campus, going to various lectures on how to cope with college life etc. along with a few other things, but I don't want to ruin the surprises :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Poppy121

Owen_S wrote: »
    I was there last year and there was no drinking allowed. It's not worth worrying about, you will be touring the campus, going to various lectures on how to cope with college life etc. along with a few other things, but I don't want to ruin the surprises :p

Come on, give me a few spoilers, I need to know what I'll be getting myself into :p

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Poppy121 wrote: »
    Anybody else really nervous about this? I really don't want to go.

Does anyone know what we'll be doing? Are we allowed drink while staying because that'll probably be the only way for me to relax :p

Also, is anyone else bringing their parents to the Welcome Meal? I don't want to be the only one with them there haha.

I'm super excited for the cooking challenge, no one is going to get food poisoning at all :pac:

I'm not bringing anyone to the welcome meal but that's because everyone in my family has work that day, a friend of mine is bringing her parents so you won't be the only one :)

We're not allowed drink at all they're really strict about that, it was repeatedly emphasized to me when I rang them :P

I know in the NIUG orientation they have activities like Ceilis and icebreaker games which sound horrendous so I hope ours aren't as bad as that!

I'll see you there :D

Aeternum wrote: »
    I'm super excited for the cooking challenge, no one is going to get food poisoning at all :pac:

I'm not bringing anyone to the welcome meal but that's because everyone in my family has work that day, a friend of mine is bringing her parents so you won't be the only one :)

We're not allowed drink at all they're really strict about that, it was repeatedly emphasized to me when I rang them :P

I know in the NIUG orientation they have activities like Ceilis and icebreaker games which sound horrendous so I hope ours aren't as bad as that!

I'll see you there :D

Not at all! I'll feel sorry for whoever has to eat my undercooked chicken, curry and rice :p

Okay at least I won't be the only one :)

Awh no, I was hoping I could do it sneakily but knowing my luck I'd get caught :p

I'm dreading these activities!

I'll see ya :D I'll be the awkward girl quivering in the corner hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Going to HEAR too :)

My parents are going to the meal so we won't be the only one's with parents there :D

When they rang me the girl mentioned orienteering (map reading things and you find places etc.) lol so that should be interesting :D

I'm fairly awkward too so don't be worried :)

• Advertisement

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Going to HEAR too :)

My parents are going to the meal so we won't be the only one's with parents there :D

When they rang me the girl mentioned orienteering (map reading things and you find places etc.) lol so that should be interesting :D

I'm fairly awkward too so don't be worried :)

Okay that's good to know :)

That doesn't sound too bad. There's going to be a lot of lost first years roaming around the campus that day lol :p

Haha I'll just befriend other awkward people and we can awkward together :p

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Oh you'll be grand! I was there last year and really really didn't want to go but it was actually a lot of fun and really helpful. I think some colleges have ceilis and fancy dress etc but we didn't have anything like that. I don't remember there being anything I felt awkward about. I got along really well with the people I was staying with and it was SO great to be walking around campus on the first few weeks and actually know a lot of faces!

Lots of people brought their parents, I had my mother there. I don't think we even really saw them, they all go off on their own and the students hang out on their own.

Anyway you'll enjoy it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Well it wasn't as bad as first expected :) Actually quite beneficial in getting to know other people and getting to know my way around campus :p People were generally nice and friendly and there were no activities that were boring or pointless :) Shur it was graaaaand :p

Yeah it actually wasn't that bad but I wouldn't say it was amazing either!

The activities were grand and I got the chance to talk to loads of different people, I don't think I'll be good friends with any of them though :p I really enjoyed last night :)

At least I'll be flying around the campus on Wednesday while no one else will have an iotta of what's going on :p

Advertisement