Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin - concidering to move

Options
  • 23-08-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi there, im concidering moving there next month.

How is the village reg. shops, is there for example Dunnes or Supervalu?

Propably going to rent a house approx 2 km from city center, that has landline installed, how about the internet speeds in the area? I assume that its only Eircom and companies who resell their broadband i can get in that area?

Going to drive to Blanchardstown to work, what is the approx time to get there? Is there any busses to Blanch/City? How long it takes to reach Blanc/City w the busses?

Thanks for answers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joedared

No Dunnes. There is a Supervalu but it has no competition. Good bus service to dublin, Navan, Ratoath, Ashbourne and the Airport. 5 pubs : O'Briens, Peters, Carberrys, Lawlesses, An Sibhin. 7 places to dine : Chinese, An Sibhin, Fontanas,(Italian) Macaris, Indian, Village Grill, Peters. Couple of café and coffee shops. 2 barbers approx 5 hairdressers. 2 large hardwares.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Bus timetable information:

Bus Éireann Route 109 to Blanchardstown/ Dublin (and other way to Navan/ Cavan)

Bus Éireann Route 109A to Ratoath, Ashbourne, Dublin Airport and DCU (and other way to Navan and Kells)

Dunshaughlin - Maynooth (mainly aimed at students)

Fare info:
    Dunshaughlin to Blanchardstown 10 journey ticket €33.25 online (5% more if bought from bus driver). Valid for 5 journeys each way. Buy any day and it's valid until the night of the 6th day e.g. bought today, Saturday, will be valid till next Friday evening.

Leap card expected to be introduced on the route in near future.

Dunshaughlin to city centre 10 journey is €38.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thanks! Where is the Blanchardstown slip road stop located excatly?

EDIT: found the location from boards.ie's another thread, now i just need to figure out how to get to the Ballycoolin from there.
    Im normally driving a car, but planning a reserveroute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Thanks.
    There's a Dublin Bus route 236 from Blanchardstowwn Shopping Centre to Ballycoolin (the shopping centre is just a short walk from the 109 set-down stop) which may be suitable.

Thank you all. It was confirmed today, that i will move in there within 2 weeks :) Area looks real nice.
    Checked the broadband with current tenant, and he is with Eircom, and getting in around 4mb/s, called Sky and they tested the line, and told that i should get in around 14mb/s.. Littlebit surprising, since as far i understand, they are using the same lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Congrats! You will be in for the Harvest Festival so :-) That's a great annual festival in the village. I wouldn't get your hopes up about BB speed if the current tenant only gets 4Mb.

And moving completed,loving it so far..

One question, living ab. 2 km outside the village center, how is the bin/waste bag collection working around here. Do i buy bin/bag tags somewhere, what is the collection timetable, and what company is supplying it?

Tried to google it, but info provided was not so good..

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Sounds like a good time to call in and meet the neighbours :-) They should be able to help on the bins front. Any luck with broadband ?

hmboards wrote: »
    Sounds like a good time to call in and meet the neighbours :-) They should be able to help on the bins front. Any luck with broadband ?

Yeh, just talked to the neighbours, its every monday morning :)

And yes, going to get around 15 mb/s for speeds. The prev. acc. holder had just basic broadband package, that was never upgraded etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kath murphy

Considering making a move to dunshaughlin. Would be grateful for any advice on the area. thanks

• Advertisement

Considering making a move to dunshaughlin. Would be grateful for any advice on the area. thanks

Hi, i have now been living here a month, some info in this thread, but feel free to ask if you have some specific questions in mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

If you are buying rather than renting, it might be worth your while checking out "The Willows" site located on the right as you come into Dunshaughlin from Dublin.
    Whilst building work has been suspended there for quite a while now, rumour has it that work will re-start shortly. Good news, anyway, because it has been an eye-sore up to now. They are being built by the same outfit that are building presently in Peyton in Rathcoole and they are well-finished, solid houses.
    There seems to be a fair bit of unfulfilled demand for houses (as distinct from apartments) in the area generally so watch this space!

Advertisement