Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor shops in Cork

Options
  • 23-08-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I want to make sure I didn't miss any good shop..

53 deg north (next to TK MAXX),
    Mahers on Oliver Plunkett,
    The Outdoor Adventure Store on Paul Street,
    There is also one on Coal Quay, but I don't remember the name

Any more shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Mathews as well.

When on Paul Street, go down the narrow lane between Paul Street Shopping Centre and Boots. When you come out onto the quay, it is on your left. It's right beside the new Vibes and Scribes.

https://maps.google.ie/?ll=51.900521,-8.473704&spn=0.000003,0.001725&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.900521,-8.474218&panoid=O0mejJnBsghTs-R4NfzyLA&cbp=12,200.98,,0,1.23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I want to make sure I didn't miss any good shop..

53 deg north (next to TK MAXX),
    Mahers on Oliver Plunkett,
    The Outdoor Adventure Store on Paul Street,
    There is also one on Coal Quay, but I don't remember the name

Any more shops?

Matthews Centre, Lavitt's Quay
    The Edge, North Main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

is the scouting one still there up by the collisum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Scouting shop is on Paul St. now.
    http://www.thescoutshop.ie/contact_us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

There's the one on MacCurtain street near the Spar which was very well stocked when I was there recently. Good helpful service too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Lemag wrote: »
    There's the one on MacCurtain street near the Spar which was very well stocked when I was there recently. Good helpful service too.

That's the guy that used to be round the corner on York Street (or York Hill, I'm always confusing the two). It's well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

Don't forget the Hillwalkers part of Union Chandlery on Penrose Quay, I'm on the lookout for a new pair of walking boots at the moment & they are €25 cheaper than Mahers for the exact same pair. Might be dearer for other stuff of course so you'll need to check.

Advertisement