Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is iPhone stolen?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

Hi
    So a family member bought an iphone on done deal (we've done this before twice actually and it was fine), anyway the phone looks fine, but when you go to make a call there is no reception and nothing happens, its like the call drops before ringing.

Wondering is it possible the phone was robbed and locked by apple? (i will ring them later when I am finished work, but just wondering if anyone knows).
    And is it totally uselss now?
    Wifi can be used and works fine etc, so not sure whats going on.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi
    So a family member bought an iphone on done deal (we've done this before twice actually and it was fine), anyway the phone looks fine, but when you go to make a call there is no reception and nothing happens, its like the call drops before ringing.

Wondering is it possible the phone was robbed and locked by apple? (i will ring them later when I am finished work, but just wondering if anyone knows).
    And is it totally uselss now?
    Wifi can be used and works fine etc, so not sure whats going on.

Any ideas?

IMEI could be blocked

or

If the phone was previous activated to say o2 and you are trying to use it with vodafone then it wont work. All depends on what activation policy the phone has.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement