Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickweed in new lawn

• 23-08-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

I have rotovated and reseeded a 1 acre lawn. I reseeded approx 4 weeks ago with good new growth. However its also getting infested with chickweed. Anyone any suggestions on how to remove. Since there is 1 acre Its out of the question to get on hands and knees! Doxstar says do not apply with knapsack sprayer....

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barneymc4

not a problem - after a couple of cuts the grass will take over from weeds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭green_bow

223vmax wrote: »
    I have rotovated and reseeded a 1 acre lawn. I reseeded approx 4 weeks ago with good new growth. However its also getting infested with chickweed. Anyone any suggestions on how to remove. Since there is 1 acre Its out of the question to get on hands and knees! Doxstar says do not apply with knapsack sprayer....

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

doxstar wont kill chickweed

pastor or hurler will however , both will kill clover though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Chickens are the best way to get it out apparently (if that's an option). It's very hard to remove once established and you probably reactivated a loss of it by rotavating. The stuff is a curse.

Advertisement