Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa First for Canada

• 23-08-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,
    Anyone with experience of using Visa First?

Ordinarily, if you were to apply for a visa yourself for Canada, what's the cost?
    is it 150 euro?

regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Have no experience with Visa First.

It's fairly easy to complete yourself, most people on here including myself applied directly when the visas were released and the fee was €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭willabur

do it on your own - these visa companies are no help whatsoever.
    You just need to get all the documents together, the process is well documented on these boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

These boards were a great help when I was applying for the visa and the use of a third party in my opinion is not necessary and a waste of your money which can be better used towards your flight to canada :D.

I was stupid enough to sign up for a visa program with a certain company which I won't name. They were worse than useless.
    After paying I made an appointment at the earliest opportunity with them to go through all the forms necessary and send them off. Between making the payment and having my appointment the actual visa program opened up and they sent me an email saying to get my documentation into the program authority asap. Took a couple of hours to get everything together but when I did I sent it in, like an oaf I turned up for the scheduled appointment only for them to tell me that I had everything done correctly so it was a complete waste of time. They then started on the spot to put pressure on me ot book a flight and insurance through them. They had a 100 euro deposit from me but still wanted far too much money from me.
    At that stage I was so annoyed with myself that I just walked out and booked a flight on Air Transat and picked up a cheap backpackers insurance package.

Moral of the story lads, DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brainy Smurf

Sounds like USIT - nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Anyone got a link for application form ? USIT say they wont be taking applications for 2014 till the end of this year so going to do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fredchest

willabur wrote: »
    do it on your own - these visa companies are no help whatsoever.
    You just need to get all the documents together, the process is well documented on these boards

what documents would be required, bank statement, Passport?

I changed my address, last year nov 2012, would that have an impact?

A friend is going on the IEC 2014. He was going to do it himself but in the end decided to use Visafirst (his sister went through them before). They sent him out a list of documents that would be needed. Don't know if application forms were included or not though.
    He mentioned something about information on getting work lined up before he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

A friend is going on the IEC 2014. He was going to do it himself but in the end decided to use Visafirst (his sister went through them before). They sent him out a list of documents that would be needed. Don't know if application forms were included or not though.
    He mentioned something about information on getting work lined up before he leaves.

Tell him to walk away and do it himself! The checklist for the IEC2014 will NOT be released to Jan 2014! So I doubt visa first or any other scamming company have access to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Tell him to walk away and do it himself! The checklist for the IEC2014 will NOT be released to Jan 2014! So I doubt visa first or any other scamming company have access to this!

I agree with this statement, the IEC for 2014 is not open until Dec/Jan so its better to wait until then and applying yourself is straightforward.

• Advertisement

Yeah - I think he got a checklist for some of the main things to start collecting - I guess to save time but they advised him that the forms may be probably be updated and that there may be some changes made soon before the program opens.

But I guess he is happy to take their advice and get as much stuff together now to have it ready.

fredchest wrote: »
    what documents would be required, bank statement, Passport?

I changed my address, last year nov 2012, would that have an impact?

just go to the IEC website
    create a MYCIC account - even google those words and you will find all you need.
    They will ask for addresses for the last 10 years, police statements if you lived in a country for more than 6 months. they will ask to see bank statement at the border when you enter the country

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SteveOwen

wendydoll wrote: »
    Have no experience with Visa First.

It's fairly easy to complete yourself, most people on here including myself applied directly when the visas were released and the fee was €120.

Hi there I applied last year but really didnt what I was doing when filling up the application, but I have the WTN from last year when I applied... Will this have an impact on applying next year?? I was refused!!

just to clarify: this thread is about a simple one year/two year visa to Canada right? it's nothing to do with sponsorship/residency etc?

willabur wrote: »
    just go to the IEC website
    create a MYCIC account - even google those words and you will find all you need.
    They will ask for addresses for the last 10 years, police statements if you lived in a country for more than 6 months. they will ask to see bank statement at the border when you enter the country

thanks,
    they will look for a current bank statement, showing you have adequate funding for your stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Hi im thinking of applying for a visa to go work in Canada. I dont want to go through USIT as they seem very expensive. What is the official website to apply directly and how much does it cost ? Also what are the main documents i will need as I want to start working on that now.

Thanks!

All the information you need really is in the IEC thread, its long but have a look through that.

Then go to IEC website - just google IEC Canada and find the visa that suits you - prob the 2 year u35 visa. Create a profile and it will tell you all you need to know. It isn't complicated

sorry, but where do you create a profile? here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

also in the required documents, there is no mention of a police report?
    just a scanned copy of your passport....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

fredchest wrote: »
    sorry, but where do you create a profile? here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

also in the required documents, there is no mention of a police report?
    just a scanned copy of your passport....

This is the important paragraph
    You can only create a Kompass account when IEC is open for your country. The creation of a Kompass account does not mean that you have been allocated a place in the quota. You must complete and submit the online application in order to receive a place. You will use your Kompass account to manage your IEC application process.

There is two parts to the application first you do the IEC application to determine eligibility for the program and then you apply to the CIC for the work permit it is for the second stage you need the police certificates

• Advertisement

thanks, the so first part is the questionaire:
    e.g. are you married, where do you intend to stay in Canada, DOB etc....

Advertisement