Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning down cao (gap year) HELP

• 23-08-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi . i recently got my cao offers and i have decided i dont want to do the course any more and im not really wanting to go to college this year. if i turn down my offers can i reapply next year the same way as this year using my 450 points or how does it work. i hadn't expected to get anywhere near 450 so i didnt even look at courses over 370 tbh so i want to take a year out to decide on my life .so can i just apply next year in the same way as i did this year using my leaving cert points

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

hi . i recently got my cao offers and i have decided i dont want to do the course any more and im not really wanting to go to college this year. if i turn down my offers can i reapply next year the same way as this year using my 450 points or how does it work. i hadn't expected to get anywhere near 450 so i didnt even look at courses over 370 tbh so i want to take a year out to decide on my life .so can i just apply next year in the same way as i did this year using my leaving cert points

Thanks!

Yep, these are your points as far as the CAO is concerned unless you repeat. You can reapply with the same points next year.

Did you click accept on your offer online at all?

I'd recommend you have a good chat with someone about your plan for the year and stuff, nail something out, have a directionless year off when it's as hard as it is now to get full time work wont be all that fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Yep, apply the exact same way.
    And don't forget opening/closing dates for the CAO! It's very easy to forget something simple when you're not in school with teachers talking about it 24/7! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conors10262

thank you ,yes i alreadly have a job so i have something to work at for the year so thanks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

whatshername is right.

Put reminders in your phone now. ;)

Advertisement