Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Class in dog show?

• 23-08-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi Boardsies!

I have a Cocker Spaniel (4) and an American Pitbull Terrior (1) who I recently entered in a dog show. The Cocker was simple to choose a class as there is a Spaniel section, however the Pitbull got some funny looks when I put her in the ex Terrior section (ex Jack Russels) and even the judges were a bit unsure...

What class was I supposed to put her in? I assumed since the name American Pitbull Terrior, she would go in the terrior class but she was surrounded by Westies and Yorkies etc... Bit funky watching a 5 stone Pitbull standing beside all the petite dogs :P

Any ideas where she should be? As there is another show this weekend I want to enter them :)

By the way, the Cocker came 1st in her class and Pitbull cam 3rd in the Terrior class ha ha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What other classes are there scheduled?

Gorgeous dogs by the way. The pit is fab!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Congrats on the prizes. Your cocker is fab reminds me of one i used to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

If there's a Utility Group class, would that be appropriate? Generally dogs that don't fall into any other group would be considered part of the Utility Group, or dogs who are no longer used for what they were originally bred for.

I'm not too well up on showing dogs so could be way off on this suggestion. :)

Lovely dogs too. They look very proud of their rosettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Nothing helpful to say except they are two gorgeous doggies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Cannot help but I just wanted to post and say you have two beautiful dogs. Obviously very well cared for!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is there a large dog class? If so you could enter him in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

seeing as the Irish KC refuse to recognise the american pit bull terrier as a breed how about taking him to an IPBTA show? they'r run specifically for apbt, sbt, and other bully types.

we have a show coming up sunday 1st september in jordanstown equestrian centre (near ashbourne)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Irelands-Pit-Bull-Terrier-Association/264553606918456

1012477_625393127501167_1829441637_n_zpsb6a3a025.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Like other posters have no advice just congratulations on two beautiful dogs.

Advertisement